Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    With an attitude like that, i hope you never get in.
    why? they're the baddies :<

in all seriousness, i may have expressed myself wrongly. i dont just wanna go down there to shot/stop them, i wanna help building a safe country too. but if any of those get in my way, i swear to god they better watch out very well.....!
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

Quote Originally Posted by sennzlol View Post
    If only you knew what these scumbags do
    Oh, I do. People do their best to defend their country. Wouldnt you do the same? Btw, Bush needed to take some history classes before invading afheganistan. Didnt work well for soviet union.
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Treebagged View Post
    You beat me to it. Haha.
    does "swine" have a different meaning in the UK? just curious because its probably a misunderstanding, Swine in the states is typically a negative connotation revolving around (unfairly I might add) Police officers or as an insult.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Catanowplx View Post

in all seriousness, i may have expressed myself wrongly. i dont just wanna go down there to shot/stop them, i wanna help building a safe country too. but if any of those get in my way, i swear to god they better watch out very well.....!
    Any warmongering in the armed forces will get you in serious trouble, stating you want to join up just to fight or get revenge will guarantee you get a push out of the door.

Quote Originally Posted by P4R45171K View Post
    Yeah you see, the general public does not need videos like this "Leaked" out.
    I have to disagree there, the public should know what they do to their soldiers. War is no game it is brutal and inhuman and should be avoided at all cost, if more people would really see what happens they might think twice before declaring war. War should only be declared if there is absolutely no other way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimDesign View Post
    does "swine" have a different meaning in the UK? just curious because its probably a misunderstanding, Swine in the states is typically a negative connotation revolving around (unfairly I might add) Police officers or as an insult.
    Just a mild term for anyone, soldiers call each others much worse that are not suitable for this forum.

Just a mild term for anyone, soldiers call each others much worse that are not suitable for this forum.
    100% without a doubt true. My husband has the language he uses at work, and when he comes home, I expect it to be toned down... alot.
    Last edited by Nephthes; 2011-10-08 at 05:48 PM.

My guess would be its like saying "One lucky sunuva b...." Where the latter half of that remark could be used both negatively and non-negatively

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treebagged View Post
    My guess would be its like saying "One lucky sunuva b...." Where the latter half of that remark could be used both negatively and non-negatively
    Exactly the same, but the guy that insulted me was looking for a fight. No matter what i said he would have taken offence.

true but that's in between fellow soldiers, it loses its flavor online however and is open to interpretation. We typically called each other MF or AH or just FR, we typically never went beyond that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by P4R45171K View Post
    Yeah you see, the general public does not need videos like this "Leaked" out.
    Why, are we not allowed to see what actually happens in the war we're funding?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggwolls View Post
    I tend to agree with this. Because I wanted to understand better what my brother went through in Iraq, he showed me pictures. Some of those pictures involved mangled bodies, body parts, etc, etc. He would tell me how he had to pick up what was left of his friends, his brothers. It was.. mind numbing to realize how much he'd seen and done. Some of the public THINK they want to know or will be okay if they were to know what goes on over there, but I don't know.. I won't forget what I saw. I agree war is terrible and horrific, but my brother is one of those soldiers who would go back if he could. If not for the cause, then for his brothers out there.
    As much as I feel for them, I'm pretty sure most people can handle it. I'm to pussy to go too war myself, but I wouldn't mind watching live footage of it...new generation grew up with seeing war on telivision so..

Quote Originally Posted by poptop09 View Post
    awesome stuff...semper fi
    Awesome? Really? What if that were you, and I said it was awesome stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    As much as I feel for them, I'm pretty sure most people can handle it. I'm to pussy to go too war myself, but I wouldn't mind watching live footage of it...new generation grew up with seeing war on telivision so..

Welcome to the life of a scout sniper!
    PEWPEW

Quote Originally Posted by Twilightdawn View Post
    I dont think that its that people dont want to see whats going on in the war. I think that for some people, its just to... "real" I suppose. We know they get Mortar attacks, we know they get IEDs blown up in their face everyday. We also know they get shot at, car bombed and all sorts of daily living hell over there. I dont know that we need to see it to know that its happening.

Things I think SHOULD be shared are the videos of Bin Laden being "captured", the good that is being done over there, the liberation some of the women there have been given, etc. Not soldiers being blown up.

Quote Originally Posted by Twilightdawn View Post
    Keep in mind this is from an Army medic point of view but the last thing I want anyone to see is a fellow soldier being broadcast around the world because his legs were blown off, screaming in pain while I treat him just so the news and politicians can do their own "spin" on things (which is exactly where it would go). Heck sans news and politics, I couldn't imagine a group of teenagers huddled around a monitor watching a GI picking their guts off the sand while they go into shock "damn he got effed up <sips mountain dew> yup sucks to be him"

Keep in mind this is from an Army medic point of view but the last thing I want anyone to see is a fellow soldier being broadcast around the world because his legs were blown off, screaming in pain while I treat him just so the news and politicians can do their own "spin" on things (which is exactly where it would go). Heck sans news and politics, I couldn't imagine a group of teenagers huddled around a monitor watching a GI picking their guts off the sand while they go into shock "damn he got effed up <sips mountain dew> yup sucks to be him"
    Here here, well said.

Deleted
    I agree, i do not mind clips such as this, but gore video's take it too far in my opinion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Magekid View Post
    Mod Warning: Guys, stop the personal attacks.
    Thank you sir.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Catanowplx View Post

Do you have any Idea how many "BADDIES" lives in your own Country ? But its kinda funny... I mean you arm them and now u gonna harm them