Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Seinfeld definitely had the edge over all , "These pretzels are making me thirsty ! "

Quote Originally Posted by Mr E View Post
    Doesn't see more than 2 minutes of show, says opinion on entire series.

I have to agree with Married, though I haven't seen a whole lot of other sitcoms.
    So your logic is that if I were to take a giant red hot rake and start shoving it up your bottom, you couldn't just say you don't like it because you'd have to wait for it to be all the way in to know what's it about?

Also I said I've never watched more than 2 mins, that means I saw it couple of times on TV but I could never stand it for more than that amount. How am I not entitled to dislike a show when no matter when I turned it on, I hated it? Sure whatever I am not saying people are not allowed to like it, I am just saying it's incredibly stupid.
    Last edited by Doctor Professor; 2011-10-08 at 07:57 PM.
    “Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.”
    ~G.B. Shaw

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Married with Children is pretty much the only watchable thing the US has ever produced.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's nice to see that Married with Children is getting a lot of love. But I can understand that it's not for everyone. My mother for instance never understood it. Rest of my family loved it though.

10+ Year Old Account
    im gonna go with friends. i never understood what all the fuss was about till i actually sat and watched it. now ive watched the entire series about 5 times and still love it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seinfeld is top for sure.

Thats 70 show is funny too, and i used to watch Married with Children just because i had a crush on Cristina Applegate.

I don't understand how people could disagree on Seinfeld. I'm a huge fan of The Office, but even that can't compete with how Seinfeld captivated the US during its run.

Deleted
    2 and a half men -> for me... up till s10 when they decided to get ashton instead of charlie for the lead

Quote Originally Posted by Mnemon View Post
    Not sure if you know what sitcom is. They are meant to be scripted and full of one liners. This is why they are sitcoms and I and not just tv shows.
    Sitcom - Situation Comedy. A comedy show that's based around continuous stories and not unrelated sketches like The Fast Show or Little Britain.

So yeah, I know what a Sitcom is. There's nothing requiring formulatic jokes that aren't funny anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Professor View Post
    So your logic is that if I were to take a giant red hot rake and start shoving it up your bottom, you couldn't just say you don't like it because you'd have to wait for it to be all the way in to know what's it about?

Also I said I've never watched more than 2 mins, that means I saw it couple of times on TV but I could never stand it for more than that amount. How am I not entitled to dislike a show when no matter when I turned it on, I hated it? Sure whatever I am not saying people are not allowed to like it, I am just saying it's incredibly stupid.
    Seems like a case of: People like what I hate, how dare they! If you don't like it like you said, so be it, no need to run around screaming in this thread like a little kid.

Personally, I always liked All in the Family. >.>

Friends, That 70s Show, Two and a Half Men, Big Bang Theory

Deleted
    1. Friends

10+ Year Old Account
    M*A*S*H. Seen all eleven seasons like 5 times this year alone. A fucking awesome series!
    "Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that".
    Bill Shankly
    "You're playing worse and worse every day and right now you're playing like it's next month".
    Herb Brooks

Guess too many are too young, but Cheers stands head to head with Seinfeld as one of the greats.

Wings anyone?

10+ Year Old Account
    Married with Children, Seinfeld and if it can be considered a sitcom, which I doubt, Friends.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Roseanne of course!

It's Absolutely Fabulous, darling.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermor View Post
    Father Ted.

Anyone else think father ted is great?
    I'm with you on that one bud. Oh, and Blackadder if that counts.
    "The truth, my goal."

While I'm going to throw my tip in for Married with Children I am finding a disturbing lack of Titus going on in this thread. That show was, and still is, relevant and hilarious. Fox began the trend of cancelling awesome comedy shows with that one.