15+ Year Old Account

Cool clcinfo tricks & tips

Two tricks I figured I would share with the people that continue to use clcinfo

1. This will give you a timer that follows our standard cd usage while under Zealotry with 4PC T12 as per the The Retribution Concordance. It doesn't play the game for you it's just a reminder no different than starting a timer when you pop Zealotry just much easier to keep track of.

In the following Video you can see on the left side of the screen above my player frame is a large Icon. This Icon will appear when I activate Zealotry and remind me how long it's been up based on the next CD that should be used.

Code:
    local visible, _, start = IconAura("HELPFUL|PLAYER", "player", "Zealotry", "player")
    if not visible then return end
    local ctime = GetTime()
    local ztime = ctime - start
    if ztime >= 1 and ztime < 2.5 then return IconSpell("Inquisition") end
    if ztime >= 5 and ztime < 6.5 then return IconSpell("Guardian of Ancient Kings") end
    if ztime >= 10 and ztime < 11.5 then return IconItem(58146) end
    if ztime >= 15 and ztime < 16.5 then return IconSpell("Avenging Wrath") end
    if ztime >= 16 and ztime < 17.5 then return IconItem(68972) end

2. This will change your rotation while under Zealotry to bring TV to a higher priority than fillers regardless the target and where to add in in clcinfo.

Your 1st Icon for your priority probably looks something like this,

Code:
    affectingCombat = UnitAffectingCombat("player");
    if affectingCombat then
      return IconRet1()
    end
    On that same behavior tab at the very bottom is an Events section and in that section you would add the following code.

Code:
    local function zeal(storage, event, ...)
        local myGUID = UnitGUID("player")
        if select(4, ...) == myGUID and select(12, ...) == 85696 then
            if select(2, ...) == "SPELL_AURA_APPLIED" then
                clcInfo.cmdList["retprio"]{"inqa", "inqrdp", "inqrhp", "cs", "tvdp", "tvhp", "exoud", "how", "exo", "j", "hw"}
            elseif select(2, ...) == "SPELL_AURA_REMOVED" then
                clcInfo.cmdList["retprio"]{"inqa", "inqrdp", "inqrhp", "cs", "tvdp", "exoud", "how", "exo", "tvhp", "j", "hw"}
            end
        end
    end
    AddEventListener(zeal, "COMBAT_LOG_EVENT_UNFILTERED")
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Deleted
    Nice;] But basically experienced ret SHOULD NOT use clcret/info.

+ there is better to use Apparatus 1-2 secs earlier sometimes, when u have TV DP proc, youre using CS -> Apparatus -> TV -> TV. Thats maximalizing dps. You just need to "feel the GCDs"

Anyway, this is VERY GOOD advice for ppl which really dont care about 200-300 dps on each side :P I care xD

Quote Originally Posted by Zepherous View Post

+ there is better to use Apparatus 1-2 secs earlier sometimes, when u have TV DP proc, youre using CS -> Apparatus -> TV -> TV. Thats maximalizing dps. You just need to "feel the GCDs"

Anyway, this is VERY GOOD advice for ppl which really dont care about 200-300 dps on each side :P I care xD
    Ive never used a rotation helper, but clcret and clcinfo are never damage losses if you are comfortable with them
    I dont play in a hardcore no-lifer guild, but in a 2 days a week "hardcore" mythic guild.

15+ Year Old Account

Please don't come in here posting about something you seem to know nothing about.

As for your comment about the Apparatus I don't think you actually understand what the icon represents. It doesn't tell you when to use something it's a visual indicator that your buffs have 20 seconds left which also allows you to better plan when to use your trinket to get the most out of it. It most certainly helps you maximize your use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Players shouldn't use an addon that shows all relevant information they need?

Get off your high horse there bro.
    lol casual - Ret masochist since 05

Rullk

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Players shouldn't use an addon that shows all relevant information they need?
    As long as it does not present that information in a way that inherently provides advice about what you should do next, it's fine.

Telling you that you have had Zealotry active for 5 seconds? Perfectly fine.

Telling you that since you have had Zealtory active for 5 seconds you should be hitting Guardian of Ancient Kings? Not so much.

Use addons to display all relevant information all you like, just don't use an addon that tells you what to do then try to claim it isn't telling you what to do or removing the need to make decisions from the player.

Very good topic for rets who use the addon, but can we clear the topic of off-topic (is ret better with or without addon), since the post is addressed to rets who use it obviously
    Armory links: Paladin Death Knight

Very nice! I was using class timer bars for each cooldown and found it ugly to have Zealotry, Guardian, Avenging Wrath, Golemblood, and Essence.....

You know, we have too many cooldowns.

And that pretty much removes the last of my needs for fortexorcist, many thanks, Requital.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    Use addons to display all relevant information all you like, just don't use an addon that tells you what to do then try to claim it isn't telling you what to do or removing the need to make decisions from the player.
    Why not? Computers are faster than human minds, and anybody with half a brain knows when it's not appropriate to use what Clcret suggests.

Unless you're of the opinion that we should be making an already easy game minutely harder.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    anybody with half a brain knows when it's not appropriate to use what Clcret suggests.
    problem is that using clcret to much makes people become to reliant upon it and "forget" not to use what clcret says. by taking away the whole "you have to think of your rotation for yourself and tailor it for this boss fight" instead we get with clcret "this is the rotation spam it till you die"

that said if you jsut use it as a "guideline" instead of "gospel" you'll do fine the problem is some people take it as gospel and don't use brain.

Quote Originally Posted by Viglante View Post
    problem is that using clcret to much makes people become to reliant upon it and "forget" not to use what clcret says. by taking away the whole "you have to think of your rotation for yourself and tailor it for this boss fight" instead we get with clcret "this is the rotation spam it till you die"

that said if you jsut use it as a "guideline" instead of "gospel" you'll do fine the problem is some people take it as gospel and don't use brain.
    If somebody is dumb enough to blindly follow any addon they don't deserve to be raiding in the first place. What you're describing isn't something anybody who's halfway decent at raiding will have an issue with.

Yeah, but pros don't follow EJ.

It's GoAK(4P),Pot ---10s---> Zeal,Inq ---10s---> AW,AoK.

Might as well share script for that. Though GoAK and Zeal timers (and crit luck) is all that really needed to sync up everything perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisko View Post
    Yeah, but pros don't follow EJ.

It's GoAK(4P),Pot ---10s---> Zeal,Inq ---10s---> AW,AoK.

Might as well share script for that. Though GoAK and Zeal timers (and crit luck) is all that really needed to sync up everything perfectly.
    Buuuut that is the EJ cd rotation just modified for a prepot and a pre guardian with 4pt11
    I dont play in a hardcore no-lifer guild, but in a 2 days a week "hardcore" mythic guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Butosai View Post
    Buuuut that is the EJ cd rotation just modified for a prepot and a pre guardian with 4pt11
    Yes, it's "just" correct, because 2 out 4 abilities in EJ laid out wrong. I thought it might be worth mentioning ...