Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mbrodie0 View Post
    on bigpond now same modem, same phone line, bundled with my home phone and foxtel i pay $70 a month for ADSL 2+ and get 500gb download and sync up as 18mbps, never drop out, never have line issues or anything else.. and the one time i was having problems they sent a tech out the next day and had it fixed ASAP... i've heard that iinet and internode are also good, but as far as it goes i have no issues whatsoever with bigpond, plus my ping to USWEST game servers regardless of WoW, Aion, Rift, AoC, LotRo etc... is always between 175 - 200, never higher no lag spikes or anything like that always solid mind you, iinet has released fibre optic plans with speeds upto 100mb / 40mb.. WTB Fibre in my area pl0x
    I'm sorry you had problems, but like I said, I've been with them since dial up days, never had drop out/lag spike issues.

NBN fibre optics will bring slightly faster speeds, it's opening at 25mbs standard from what I've read with tops of 100. Will be about as cheap as ADSL2. From what I understand it will overwrite telstras current cable, which is actually faster though. ALL ISP's will be selling this.

Looking at IInets current NBN plans, its 65 bucks a month for a 25mbs one with 100/100 cap, I'd prefer to stay with my unlimited 18mbs ADSL 2 over that. The 100mbs plan with 100gb cap wouldn't cut it, so you'd need to be willing to shell out 100 bucks for the 100mbs 500/500 plan. There's no point in having 100mbs if u can only download 100gig.
    Last edited by Riavan; 2011-10-09 at 09:08 AM.

i get 175ms on tichondrius server wth wowtunnels its like $3 a month, shaves off 400ms worth it imo. But when i enter arena or RBG's on this server u lagg like crazy! like 1000ms but random BG's is fine im not sure wtf that is all about :'(

I'm currently using club telco, its a subsidiary of dodo. But it has been really good so far.
    Its $50 p/m for unlimited on the fastest speed your exchange can give you. The only slight downside is that its an extra $50 per year, but it still works out cheaper then TPG's $60 p/m unlimited plan.
    Also, the best place to get advice about internet stuff would be to go to the whirlpool forums.

I was with TPG for 3 or so years, it's great for general internet use, huge DL limits and relatively cheap. Terribly unstable while gaming though. Always drops out etc. For gaming tho I've swapped to Internode and couldn't be happier. Constantly stable and 150-200 ping all the time. 150gb for $59/month ADSL2 + free internode tunnels which are win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zillionhz View Post
    By fiber be purged

anyone heard of internode they're $80/month for 200gig =\ but are highly recommended as australias gaming internet

---------- Post added 2011-10-10 at 07:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Yalingo View Post
    I was with TPG for 3 or so years, it's great for general internet use, huge DL limits and relatively cheap. Terribly unstable while gaming though. Always drops out etc. For gaming tho I've swapped to Internode and couldn't be happier. Constantly stable and 150-200 ping all the time. 150gb for $59/month ADSL2 + free internode tunnels which are win.
    link me the $60 plan! lol i cant find a cheaper one than this $80 one and i want one with atleast 100gb limit

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh I feel so sorry for you guys...

...I only pay $160 a month for a 12GB/6GB limit. Satellite internet mind you, so I get to play any online game on an awesome 1300ms

I cant wait to move to the city -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Cleetuss View Post
    link me the $60 plan! lol i cant find a cheaper one than this $80 one and i want one with atleast 100gb limit
    I just had a look at the internode website and they have apparently just released new plans and the current plan I'm on no longer exists
    Quote Originally Posted by Zillionhz View Post
    By fiber be purged

I haven't had a single problem with TPG and their plans are really good. Average speed of 2.3mb/s download speed.
    3DS Friend Code: 2165 - 5428 - 1895

I used to be with iPrimus and have had some really weird issues with them, like random speed fluctuations on and off all the time with plenty of random DCs.

I moved recently though and did as much research as I could for a better provider and after reading peoples opinions and looking at prices I went with TPG.

They had me up and running in no time and I've had absolutely no trouble since (except when mum plugged a phone into another point without a filter lol!)

i use TPG very happy with it. however i am unable to get adsl2 because im too 'rural' very cheap and also gives me discounts on mobile plans and such

10+ Year Old Account
    I have TPG unlimited

You can get it as $30 line rental with $29 ADSL for $59 all up (for new customers only), or as a stand alone $59 ADSL service with someone else's line rental. Speed is pretty good for me (7.5mbit on a bad line), and have never had any extended downtime. Their customer service can be a bit crap (i.e. Indian call center), but it's a trade off well worth it to have no data limit at all. I now download everything in 720p instead of shitty divx, and watch copious amounts of streaming TV (F1, rugby, iPlayer, Hulu). I've even fallen asleep for the night a few times with the BBC stream running on 1500kbps, which if I had a data cap would of cost me huge chunk of my data.

Australians and Broadband?