[PvP] When to use Heal, Greater Heal, and Flash Heal?

As simple as that. When do you use Heal, Greater Heal, and Flash Heal? In what circumstances?

use heal and greater heal when you have a few seconds to stand still and whoever your healing isnt dying rapidly, if your person is dying quick then throw him a flash heal, just be careful with your mana
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliyra View Post
    And yet here we are.

Deleted
    Greater heal if you can cast it without getting interuppted or if your team mate is on about 70% hp and now taking alot of damage. Heal should be kept to a minimum unless its for mana preservation / teammate taking low damage. Flash heal if you are getting focused and you manage to pop a fear.

I play a holy paladin though, so i dont know much about a priests talents, like decreasing cast time etc etc, but thats how i go with holy light flash of light and divine light :3

Quote Originally Posted by Nocturnalz View Post
    Greater heal if you can cast it without getting interuppted or if your team mate is on about 70% hp and now taking alot of damage. Heal should be kept to a minimum unless its for mana preservation / teammate taking low damage. Flash heal if you are getting focused and you manage to pop a fear.

I play a holy paladin though, so i dont know much about a priests talents, like decreasing cast time etc etc, but thats how i go with holy light flash of light and divine light :3
    They're pretty much EXACTLY the same. Not sure about the amount healed though. But right now for me, with 3 stacks of grace (24% more healing)

Flash Heal= 1.42 second cast, around 19.5k heal
    Greater Heal= 2.85 second cast, around 24.6k heal
    Heal= 2.85 second cast, around 9.5k heal

(cast times untalented, with talents GH and H would be 0.5 sec faster)

Flash Heal costs like 5700 mana, Greater like 5500 and Heal around 1800
    Last edited by Larynx; 2011-10-09 at 02:08 PM.

for arena -> pws>penance>flash

heal is pretty useless, only use it when you're oom

gh is really a matter of personal preference - imo since they nerfed smite to oblivion divine fury isn't worth it anymore, so if penance, pws are on cd, you have renew up and your target isn't dieing you 'could' use gh instead of flash

I holy in 3s, and the only time I use Heal is if the fight is running very long and I'm running on steam.
    Mostly don't use it b/c it gives your opponents more opportunities to spell lock/counterspell/pummel/whatever.

Gheal when you have little pressure on you
    Fheal when you have lots of pressure on you or one of your teammates is getting lots of focus fire

PWS/Renew/PoM goes without saying.

pom isn't worth it unless it bounces (or you don't want to risk a lockout and have it glyphed)

Deleted
    I don´t ever use heal, maybe in desperation if I have no mana, but usually you have alrdy lost by then.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xindralol View Post
    pom isn't worth it unless it bounces (or you don't want to risk a lockout and have it glyphed)
    lol wut? its great instant spell.

Deleted
    Heal, never.
    Greater heal, never.
    Flash heal, whenever i need to heal and penance or pws is not possible.

I find greater heal to be to slow and heal to not have a purpose, it's better to manaburn, go for fears, assist nuke via mind spike or mind control an enemy.

What? Glyph PoM is an amazing spell and sometimes can heal your target for half health or more.

I run holy for BGs and I rarely if ever use heal or gheal. Between PW:S, Serenity, PoM, CoH, renew, and flash heals I basically have enough to spam while running away from those pesky rogues. If I get to a safe spot, I can blanket spam the raid with PoH pretty quickly as well.

Deleted
    PoM is awesome to wear down those necrotics when you cannot cast.

Deleted
    ^so true : )

10+ Year Old Account
    for arena -> pws>penance>flash

heal is pretty useless, only use it when you're oom

gh is really a matter of personal preference - imo since they nerfed smite to oblivion divine fury isn't worth it anymore, so if penance, pws are on cd, you have renew up and your target isn't dieing you 'could' use gh instead of flash
    You forgot PoM!
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Yea, any instant cast heal has much greater worth in PvP b/c you can:

1) Cast it on the move, as you attempt to kite or pillar hump
    2) You can't get spell locked/CS/pummel/kick/etc

Glyphed PoM is used on cooldown when I have melee on me.
    Definitely dont spam it if you're being left alone. If you can free cast, other stuff is better. Let it try and bounce a bit.

But if you're free casting, you should win regardless b/c your opponents are bads. :/

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    Heal, never.
    Greater heal, never.
    Flash heal, whenever i need to heal and penance or pws is not possible.

I find greater heal to be to slow and heal to not have a purpose, it's better to manaburn, go for fears, assist nuke via mind spike or mind control an enemy.
    This.

And PoM is definitely useful. Love it!
    "Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative" - Oscar Wilde

Nab Disco Priest | Nab DK Tonk