Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

the bloodthirsty

Yo im getting stuck on achivements now i only got raids and pvp to do and the odd few world events they added. I want to get bloodthirsty out the way im at 150k HK's what do you think is best way to get the last 100k? i know TB is one but do you think there is certain BGs or what you think?

I got my 100k from AV, simple.

AV is by far the best if you get some people to defend your "mini boss" and it will be a very long game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenasan View Post
    Av I would think.
    Seems like AV would only be great during a turtle, which doesn't happen often when I run it.

15+ Year Old Account
    AV is actually pretty terrible, a lot of the time people just zerg the bosses and you get 1-2 HKs per game. Same with IoC, hardly any kills there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    AV is actually pretty terrible, a lot of the time people just zerg the bosses and you get 1-2 HKs per game. Same with IoC, hardly any kills there.
    Yeah that's what I was thinking, I average more HKs in WSG or AB than AV / IOC.

I personally would think hanging out at the Blacksmith in AB would be the way to go.

Deleted
    alright im try AB the most since it AB weekend and see how i goes with queue for TB as well. I would of done AV but its only worth it if its a long game of defense

Quote Originally Posted by enthus View Post
    I got my 100k from AV, simple.
    This isn't Vanilla where you could get 1,000 to 10,000 HK's in a single AV. (I actually got close to 10,000 HK's in a single AV that lasted for a few days with an old afkbot back in early 2005' on my first char.)

Nowdays you barey get 20-30 hk's per AV.

TB is the best. I've gotten upto 800 HKs from a single defend.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Deleted
    AB Blacksmith, you get the HK's from all 5 flags, I averged like 100 per game when I was rep farming.

Quote Originally Posted by Thisisanalt View Post
    AB Blacksmith, you get the HK's from all 5 flags, I averged like 100 per game when I was rep farming.
    You no longer get HKs from all over the map in AB by staying at BS; it's been fixed.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Quote Originally Posted by Bitlovin View Post
    Seems like AV would only be great during a turtle, which doesn't happen often when I run it.
    Well, shows how much I pvp these days.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vereesà View Post
    You no longer get HKs from all over the map in AB by staying at BS; it's been fixed.
    Ah thats a shame.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muni View Post
    This isn't Vanilla where you could get 1,000 to 10,000 HK's in a single AV. (I actually got close to 10,000 HK's in a single AV that lasted for a few days with an old afkbot back in early 2005' on my first char.)

Nowdays you barey get 20-30 hk's per AV.
    I have 228k HKs. Not one of them was botted.

---------- Post added 2011-10-09 at 08:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bugmán View Post
    Yo im getting stuck on achivements now i only got raids and pvp to do and the odd few world events they added. I want to get bloodthirsty out the way im at 150k HK's what do you think is best way to get the last 100k? i know TB is one but do you think there is certain BGs or what you think?
    There are only about 400 characters in the world with the Bloodthirsty title. Its a long grind, and not really something you can "get out of the way" especially nowadays since AV becane a zergfest, WSG is on a timer, and they neutered BS in AB. TB is the best choice, otherwise...force a turtle in AV i guess

In late WOTLK and early Cataclysm I was playing IoC, and every game would go like this.
    All horde and alliance charged the docks, we had a huge fight, often resulting the alliance winning and getting 50-70 honorable kills and then the battle would quickly be over with and at the 10-14min mark the game would be over, and it was simply rinse and repeate.

Lately the horde started to learn a bit, and are now going for Workshop instead, and then followed by a backstab on the docks to ninja it, but now I am lucky to get 30 HKs per IoC, but the 70hks/game happen once in a while, but it used to happen alot more often.

AV isn't worth it, unless you enforce a turtle yourself, but then again a turtle may last 40min and with 150-200 kills, and its hard to force them properly.
    And your not guaranteed to win these turtles either.

So my bet would be doing zerging AB, keep circling from base to base, wherever the hordes are incomming, be at every battle and don't be the "defending guy", if your just going for HKs.

WSG and sometimes Twin Peaks can be good as well, due to the small distance between battlegrounds, and well Eye of the Storm zerging or fighting at the middle for the flag can also be quite rewarding.

Just keep doing the BGs and you will get the title eventually, the key factor is:

Just keep doing it, don't over extend it or you WILL be bored, take it as it come, and don't make it into a grind, enjoy the BGs. You can always put a movie or serie on and watch it while doing the BGs.

But try and remain a good functioning team members and not just a HK farming guy, however farming the HKs can still be a useful factor to your team, if you prevent the other guys from reaching their objective, like prevening them to get the flag in WSG / Twin Peaks / EotS, or getting from bases A to base B in Arathi Basin and etc.

JUST KEEP DOING IT :P

EDIT: If your a healer, sign up with a proper healer, and then you sure to have a healer with you at all times, and because of this you can win most team fights, and if you keep being where the action is going on, then you will win those team fights and = HKs.

All of the above are fairly obviously answer, but just keep going.
    Last edited by Ansgar; 2011-10-10 at 11:27 AM.
    Ansgar the Insane

Quote Originally Posted by Ansgar View Post
    In late WOTLK and early Cataclysm I was playing IoC, and every game would go like this.
    All horde and alliance charged the docks, we had a huge fight, often resulting the alliance winning and getting 50-70 honorable kills and then the battle would quickly be over with and at the 10-14min mark the game would be over, and it was simply rinse and repeate.
    If I remember correctly, the hangar was bugged during the last few months of wotlk. It forced both teams to charge the two last bases, resulting in pritty big battles. Luckily for me, I was farming my last 10k for the 100k achievement at this time, and believe me it didn't take long. 3,5k kills in 1 day was my record, with most games resulting in 200-300 kills. Good times

Now I find random bgs to be the fastest way to farm kills. While abusing some PvE gear, you can very easily control most games. I usually manage 30-60 kills each game, which I think is quite good.

The best way by far would be finding 4 others who are also farming for the achievement and run random bgs, this is also the most fun way imo.

15+ Year Old Account
    Tol Barad works best, other than that I'd say WSG.
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

Quote Originally Posted by Alarsen View Post
    If I remember correctly, the hangar was bugged during the last few months of wotlk. It forced both teams to charge the two last bases, resulting in pritty big battles. Luckily for me, I was farming my last 10k for the 100k achievement at this time, and believe me it didn't take long. 3,5k kills in 1 day was my record, with most games resulting in 200-300 kills. Good times

Now I find random bgs to be the fastest way to farm kills. While abusing some PvE gear, you can very easily control most games. I usually manage 30-60 kills each game, which I think is quite good.

The best way by far would be finding 4 others who are also farming for the achievement and run random bgs, this is also the most fun way imo.
    Yes its true the Hangar was bugged, and I was also doing a bit of HK grinding at that point about 250-400 HKs per game, and every game was like 30-50min and I managed to get like 2400 HKs on one day by doing this.

However what I talked about in my previous post was happening after the Hangar had been fixed, I guess it was a bit of aftermath and for the 2 weeks I was in IoC I got about 70-90 Hks on a average game that last 14min

But as you said as well, I find doing random BG the most effective these days as well, as you get about 30-60 HKs per game, it all depends on the group that your in, and that way you don't end up totally exhausted lol.

Im just about to having finished a huge weekend grind in Arathi Basin, having run AB 24/7 getting 96 reputation per win and even less on a loss, and well I gained about 6400 reputation so far and only need 1600 more, but I am just waaay to tired of doing the same BG over and over and over.
    Last edited by Ansgar; 2011-10-10 at 01:26 PM.
    Ansgar the Insane

Deleted
    AV is ok sometimes its not always a rush fest bu to get lots of honor kills i suggest AB or EOTS im currently on like 68k honor kills i wanna get that title