Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Hardcore mode in D3

There is no thread on this yet, so I take the easy way here and ask the community.

Will there be a Hardcore mode in D3 as was in D2? I only follow the D3 news sporadically, so I would have missed any news on this.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

Of course!

"After months of "probably" type comments, Hardcore was confirmed as a Diablo 3 feature in August, 2010."

In an interview with GameSpot AU, Jay Wilson confirmed that Hardcore is definitely returning to Diablo III.

"Hardcore is definitely returning to Diablo III, but we haven’t decided what sort of special Battle.net features we’ll enable with it. We want to make sure that if you see a HC char on B.net, you’ll know they’re HC. It’s a status symbol, and it’s only one if you know. We’re looking for ways to reward players, and we’re sure we’ll have a set of HC achievements also."

Source: http://www.diablowiki.net/Hardcore

Here, let me google that for you, actually never mind no need.

YES!
    Beta Club

My interest in D3 just increased exponentially.

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    My interest in D3 just increased exponentially.
    Did you honestly think they'd release another Diablo and not include hardcore? >_>

You don't just remove an aspect that has been part of the series for 15 years...
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now

Quote Originally Posted by Plowunder View Post
    Of course!
    and we’re sure we’ll have a set of HC achievements also."

Source: http://www.diablowiki.net/Hardcore
    Damn... ho well i hope its feat of strength then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razzmatazz
    This is Razzmatazz from the future *kzzzzzchhh* I don't have much ti*kchhh* breaking up! Note *kzzz* self: don't try to read all *chhhhh* this thread *zzzzzkch*. It will consume approx*kzzzz* 25 years of your life *kzzchchh* You will learn abso*kzzz* nothing, it's not worth *chhhhh* LIVE, RAZZMAT*kzzzz* LIVE AND FORGET ABOUT THE TRANSPARENT HORSE *tchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh*
    Quote Originally Posted by Entalpia View Post
    Warriors will get Concentration Shout! When he shouts at you, you are more concentrated ! ;p

I'm very interested in the Hardcore Arena. That's about as high stakes/stressful that a pvp match can be.

Oh yes, there will be suicides.

Quote Originally Posted by Rageissues View Post
    I'm very interested in the Hardcore Arena. That's about as high stakes/stressful that a pvp match can be.

Oh yes, there will be suicides.
    While not a bad idea I just can't see this being viable. To "never" loose a match is really unthinkable.
    • PSN ID: Azuri118 •

Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    While not a bad idea I just can't see this being viable. To "never" loose a match is really unthinkable.
    That's never been the point anyway. It wasn't in D2 either and PvP was rather popular there.

I dont think even Blizzard could cope with the amount of tears Hardcore Arena would bring.

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    That's never been the point anyway. It wasn't in D2 either and PvP was rather popular there.
    Not sure if we're talking about the same thing. I meant hardcore PVP arena's not just regular PVP which I'm aware of being available in D2. Basically in PVP hardcore you lose a match and your character is done. I don't think it's a horrible idea I just can't see many people advancing very far.

Quote Originally Posted by Sairus View Post
    I dont think even Blizzard could cope with the amount of tears Hardcore Arena would bring.
    The development team isn't the same group of spineless wimps that WoW has. Finally they'll actually do something that has some risk.

---------- Post added 2011-10-10 at 03:37 AM ----------

Not sure if we're talking about the same thing. I meant hardcore PVP arena's not just regular PVP which I'm aware of being available in D2. Basically in PVP hardcore you lose a match and your character is done. I don't think it's a horrible idea I just can't see many people advancing very far.
    Don't lose and you wont have this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by christarp View Post

Don't lose and you wont have this problem.

LoL yup, touche. If they implement it kudos to them and that sure as hell will be some edge of your seat gaming, I'd actually like it if there was a spectator feature where you could watch these death matches if you want to call them that.
    Last edited by Azuri; 2011-10-10 at 03:46 AM.

Yea, arena is ment to be a competative event. I don't really see how players could really compete very well if they loose their character for good on their first death. Maybe some other punishment like loosing a match nocks you out of competing in hardcore mode for the rest of the week/month/season might be more likely and more realistic in a sporting sence.

LoL yup, touche. If they implement it kudos to them and that sure is hell will be some edge of your seat gaming, I'd actually like it if there was a spectator feature where you could watch these death matches if you want to call them that.
    That would be incredible! I almost never PvPed in D2, so at least for now, I know that hardcore arena is definitely not for me, but it would be really exciting to watch 2 teams go at it with such desperate need to win.

D2 PvP was all desynching and chicken hacking, can't really be called PvP. The only possible legit duels you would get yourself into would involve being one shot by a WW sin or barb, being one shot by an aura sorc, being one shot by a hammerdin, or being permastunned by a smiter and forced to SnE or lose your character (which would need to happen in about one hit).

If D3 has a save/exit way out of arena, then it could be fun. Being GUARANTEED to win or die would be kind of meh, even in "fair" hardcore duels most people were allowed to retreat, "to the death" fights were the kind I didn't see people getting into much.

I can see people levelling characters just to piss around in arenas, I can't see people wasting a character with 150 hours of gear and runes behind it in an arena because they lost internet connection or just goofed or something. Although, I'm sure after a year or two of play, when you have every godly item under the sun, people will start twinking, I probably will.
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now

They have said that if you play HC and go to arena you can die permanently. So if your gonna focus on arena, why the heck would you make HC char if you arent preparet to lose it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Did you honestly think they'd release another Diablo and not include hardcore? >_>

You don't just remove an aspect that has been part of the series for 15 years...
    says who??? they removed town portals, they removed hostility... im not sure where you are going with this

Quote Originally Posted by StixRam View Post
    says who??? they removed town portals, they removed hostility... im not sure where you are going with this
    Regardless of the reasoning, Hardcore mode is confirmed to be in D3.

Also, if TPs are removed, then the need for them had better be removed too. As in, needing to TP back every 5 mins to empty bags...

They gave us a tool to sell items that are in our bags while not in town. And yes TPs are removed.