Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I personally would think it'd be cool to run HC arenas. The amount of prestige would be tremendous. What would happen if one in your team died but you survived? I mean, you couldn't carry on with the arenas :[
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    people who smoke weed past primary school dont deserve jobs.

weed is for little kids. you should stop smoking it and move on to real people things

They havnt decided what do to about hardcore characters in arena yet. They have said that they want people to be able to die and lose their character in pvp, they are just not sure if they are going to do it in the arena or in some other seperate place. Will probably be talked about on Blizzcon.

Personally I think if they make it so that if you die in arena and lose your character if you die, alot of players, who might have played HC otherwise (including myself), might stay away from it. It's a new game and people want to mess around. I hope they allow HC characters to die in the arena, as long as there is some other way of dying vs other players.

Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    I personally would think it'd be cool to run HC arenas. The amount of prestige would be tremendous. What would happen if one in your team died but you survived? I mean, you couldn't carry on with the arenas :[
    Same thing that would happen if the Arena were 'real'. Find a new team mate to fill the spot and carry on. Mourn the loss of the old, celebrate the addition of the new. Of course, the new team mate could just be an alt of the guy whose character died, but still.

I can see the appeal. It really would make the Arena far more tense and exciting. The problem is that due to the developers not wanting to balance for PvP, it could end up taking away a lot of the appeal. Not to mention the crazy amounts of QQ if someone was killed by an OP class, or died because of lag, or whatever.

Eh, who knows tbh. Oh, and thank god about the TP thing. It's one of the main things I absolutely hate about D2; constantly having to return to town. If we don't have to do that then D3 is looking really promising.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    Oh, and thank god about the TP thing. It's one of the main things I absolutely hate about D2; constantly having to return to town. If we don't have to do that then D3 is looking really promising.
    They have removed TP's yes, but it is replaced with a Stone of Recall, which is a permanent item attached to your character, which allows you to travel back to town with a 8 second casting time. It works exactly like Hearthstone in WoW if you are familiar with that, without a cooldown though.

But no, you don't have to return to town all the time in D3 - as you also have the "Cauldron of Jordan" (sell stuff from your inventory) and the "Nephalem Cube" (disenchant stuff from your inventory) with you the entire time. You gain these 3 items by doing some of the first quests in D3.

The Cauldron of Jordan and the Nephalem Cube is very well explained in various blue posts.
    For example: http://www.d3sanc.com/diablo-3/blizz...nephalem-cube/

That sounds absolutely perfect. Thanks for providing a link! So happy about that.

That sounds absolutely perfect. Thanks for providing a link! So happy about that.
    No worries.
    I'm pretty excited by this change myself

Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    Not sure if we're talking about the same thing. I meant hardcore PVP arena's not just regular PVP which I'm aware of being available in D2. Basically in PVP hardcore you lose a match and your character is done. I don't think it's a horrible idea I just can't see many people advancing very far.
    I only played Hardcore, so yes, we're talking about the same thing.

Regardless of the reasoning, Hardcore mode is confirmed to be in D3.

Also, if TPs are removed, then the need for them had better be removed too. As in, needing to TP back every 5 mins to empty bags...
    HC isn't HC without hostility
    it's basically SC

Quote Originally Posted by StixRam View Post
    HC isn't HC without hostility
    it's basically SC
    Only it's not, and getting killed in HC by some PvP-hacking asshole made the whole system ridiculously stupid. But ok.

Quote Originally Posted by SePetus View Post
    They have said that if you play HC and go to arena you can die permanently. So if your gonna focus on arena, why the heck would you make HC char if you arent preparet to lose it.
    That was changed. You now "only" lose all of your equips instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    Only it's not, and getting killed in HC by some PvP-hacking asshole made the whole system ridiculously stupid. But ok.
    but they implemented the WoW system into d3, so why take out hostility? can't chicken, no townportals, so no tppk. ?????????????

but they implemented the WoW system into d3, so why take out hostility? can't chicken, no townportals, so no tppk. ?????????????
    The "WoW system"?

One of the biggest reasons they removed one-way hostility is spelled GRIEF. With no instant way to portal to town or to leave the game it would make it even easier for players like you to grief others, meaning those people would get angry and possibly quit the game which Blizzard wouldnt like very much!

I never really got into HC on D2. I got to level 70 back in 1.09, but no one I knew played it so I dropped the toon and kept playing SC. I don't find it to be very inviting as I lose everything I worked for if I die once, but I do like the challenge of surviving to max level without dying :P.

Hardcore players are generally good enough that surviving to 99 isn't a question of "if" but rather "how long." The only difficult part of D2 is playing without items to help yourself along, most people with "wealth" never lose a single character. The game has always been about items, though.

I imagine D3 will be much the same way, though the level process looks even easier than D2 was. Most people will probably see the death of their characters from surprise inferno champions around the corner/etc. Though, I guess a lot of the game remains to be seen, and the gameplay we HAVE seen is super ultra faceroll mode intentionally...
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    D2 PvP was all desynching and chicken hacking, can't really be called PvP. The only possible legit duels you would get yourself into would involve being one shot by a WW sin or barb, being one shot by an aura sorc, being one shot by a hammerdin, or being permastunned by a smiter and forced to SnE or lose your character (which would need to happen in about one hit).

If D3 has a save/exit way out of arena, then it could be fun. Being GUARANTEED to win or die would be kind of meh, even in "fair" hardcore duels most people were allowed to retreat, "to the death" fights were the kind I didn't see people getting into much.

I can see people levelling characters just to piss around in arenas, I can't see people wasting a character with 150 hours of gear and runes behind it in an arena because they lost internet connection or just goofed or something. Although, I'm sure after a year or two of play, when you have every godly item under the sun, people will start twinking, I probably will.
    Aye, most PvP on hardcore mode was practiced outside of the organized window. It was mostly TPPK hacks, or "just out of town" kills that got you the most. After 6 years of DII HC, I was a real expert with the escape->save&quit, faster than a supersuperspeedfana doll. Didn't get killed much, but got tried countless times. I didn't play for pvp, so I didn't build for pvp. The most stupid thing you can do, is try and outsmart a PKer, a mistake I only made once.

I doubt HC arena will be brought to life with death penalties,but I could see it involving the cutting off of limbs, leaving you with a penalty for an x amount of time. Something like that. Battle Scars, in a way. Would the fans like it though, because I know a few arena junkies in WoW, that just want to get out and back in without loss of character or stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Armen2 View Post
    The "WoW system"?

One of the biggest reasons they removed one-way hostility is spelled GRIEF. With no instant way to portal to town or to leave the game it would make it even easier for players like you to grief others, meaning those people would get angry and possibly quit the game which Blizzard wouldnt like very much!
    grief is a must!!! weeds out the bad players vs the good players.

Or the players who cba with PvP and the players who like to ruin someone else's day.

grief is a must!!! weeds out the bad players vs the good players.
    Well it weeds bad players now, they wont grief.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Well it weeds bad players now, they wont grief.
    weeds out the good players XD

protip: if you're afraid of dying in PVP, then don't do hardcore pvp.