Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by UberJoezor View Post
    They have to balance out all the different weapons skills. PVE and PVP skills might be seperate but still can be used for both and still need to be balanced. Balancing all that would be amazing to pull off but remember that other game that had tons of skills and tree's to balance that was going to be amazing? Yeah its called rift look at it now.
    Dodging allows for a different mechanic but might mean advantages at times.
    No gear progression gives nothing to work for apart from Ranks meaning unless they add in higher ranking gear then it won't last. Plus do you really want to be playing for say 7 days and when a guy dings he has the exact same gear level as you?
    Destructible enviroments brings nothing to pvp.
    1. They balanced the original GW just fine, and that was a balance nightmare (because you could be two classes at once) compared to GW2.
    2. How would dodging be an advantage...when everyone can dodge? It's like saying "Moving allows for a different mechanic, but migh mean advantages at times."
    3. So why do you think people play arena over 2.2k, when they have all the gear? Because it's a game. Why do people play Starcraft, when they get no ingame progression? Because it's fun. Besides, you get a bunch of cosmetic rewards for hitting high ratings. In the original GW, people flocked from all over to see a highly ranked person's emotes, as they were so rare to see. And yes, I would want people to start on an even footing instead of being handicapped from the get go. We demand this of all competitive titles: why not MMOs?
    4. Destructible enviroments actually do bring in new gameplay: you can smash open a window to open a new route to a point, or destroy a building to open an escape route.

Also, you failed to mention other draws: skill based combat, RvR, etc.
    Norn Mesmer: GW2
    Rattataki Sniper: SWTOR

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewski View Post
    A lot of people recommend League of Legends for PvP.. I gave it a go and couldn't continue playing it. After playing WoW for all these years, right clicking to move with a 2D view just isn't for me. I've been conditioned for cut-throat PvP.. heroic leap into a group of people, pop recklessness and bladestorm
    After playing almost 7 years of WoW and being an active PvP'er I can safely say that I utterly enjoy League Of Legends, I think you need to give it another try - If you think that clicking to move and a birds eye view of the game makes it unplayable then.. pfft, your loss - It's an extremely competitive and skillful game with "cut-throat" pvp

You may as well say that you don't like CoD because you shoot and it's a first person perspective... and so it's not fun because you've been playing WoW so long? Seems stupid to me