Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Oh stick a soak in it hater. If you don't like the lore then go play league of legends or something.
    So, because I don't like Thrall it means I don't like lore?

You know that there's more to Warcraft then Thrall, right?

Deleted
    Heirloom changes. Too bad you didn't came up with them earlier.

Deleted
    Oh stick a soak in it hater. If you don't like the lore then go play league of legends or something.
    1.F Thrall really
    2.LoL is a fine game, you probably just suck at it just like in WoW
    3.Stop nerd raging if someone dosnt like thrall, He cant help he has a normal live. And does not have every colectors edition of the story about WoW. Get a live protecting a Npc from a game rofl

gz. Fayt

Quote Originally Posted by Destard View Post
    but know i see lots of people listing a crapload of uncut gems for 48h, 5 mins just to check prices...
    Get the addon auctionator, instead of it showing like 200 pages of w/e your looking for it'll make it much much easier to look throu.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fayts View Post
    1.F Thrall really
    2.LoL is a fine game, you probably just suck at it just like in WoW
    3.Stop nerd raging if someone dosnt like thrall, He cant help he has a normal live. And does not have every colectors edition of the story about WoW. Get a live protecting a Npc from a game rofl

gz. Fayt
    Hey, guess what, you fail

If you don't like the lore stop acting like an emo kid with a problem on threads, keep it to yourself, since you contradict yourself.
    Look, Smiley face

sooo...they really don't want JC to make ANY gold off selling gems. not so much pressed about the vendor changes...but increasing the cost to post them? bad enough that there are only a few select gems that sell well on a consistent basis...but now they are going to cut into profits even more? how about giving us something more viable to do with our zephyrites besides the JC daily and the occassional need by a blacksmith for one of those 365 patterns (which will be obsolete in the next patch anyway).

---------- Post added 2011-10-10 at 10:55 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aefi View Post
    But when you say:

''I like Charles Dickens's novels'' you pronounce Dickensizz, so the apostrophe s looks fine.

And btw, Charles Dickens's is possesive, while German and Swedish is not.

Isn't there anyone with a university degree able to clear this up? It's been a mystery to most for a while now I guess. :P
    The correct punctuation would be Dickens' novels. the ' after the s shows possession. "Dickens's" is improper grammar. there are always exceptions to the rule, but generally when something ends in an s and is a proper name...you use s' not s's. again...english is strange and has a LOT of rules that can and are broken constantly. Its part of what makes english one of the hardest languages to learn (polled by rosetta stone).

Quote Originally Posted by Aefi View Post
    But when you say:

''I like Charles Dickens's novels'' you pronounce Dickensizz, so the apostrophe s looks fine.

And btw, Charles Dickens's is possesive, while German and Swedish is not.

Isn't there anyone with a university degree able to clear this up? It's been a mystery to most for a while now I guess. :P
    I am currently working on my Master's in English Literature. It is completely fine to say "Dickens's" or "Ross's."

The correct punctuation would be Dickens' novels. the ' after the s shows possession. "Dickens's" is improper grammar. there are always exceptions to the rule, but generally when something ends in an s and is a proper name...you use s' not s's. again...english is strange and has a LOT of rules that can and are broken constantly. Its part of what makes english one of the hardest languages to learn (polled by rosetta stone).
    As I said in a few posts back, I am working on my seminar paper for a Dickens course, and in the scholarship that I am reading, most scholars use "Dickens's" for the possessive.
    Last edited by Freese; 2011-10-10 at 03:53 PM.

Although disappointing the JC/enchanting changes make sense. players doing the JC shuffle move a lot of gold around and by increasing the ah cut on some of their goods it will help stem inflation.

"Taretha, Cairne, Aggra. I will not fail you. I will not fail this world!" Um, 2 of those people are fallen heros/friends of Thrall, the 3rd is his "wife"...but since he's lumping them together is that a bit of fore shadowing?

Hey, guess what, you fail

If you don't like the lore stop acting like an emo kid with a problem on threads, keep it to yourself, since you contradict yourself.
    Look, Smiley face
    People DO like the lore... and that's why they're sick of everything becoming the World of Thrallcraft just because he's the pet project.

Deleted

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Flitzy View Post
    People DO like the lore... and that's why they're sick of everything becoming the World of Thrallcraft just because he's the pet project.
    He got the point =D

Meh..I hoped the Heirloom changes would be CROSS-REALM ones finally implemented....

15+ Year Old Account
    Not being able to delete a toon with heirlooms in their inventory is a fantastic idea, considering I've done it a few times already.

Quote Originally Posted by Muldour View Post
    The correct punctuation would be Dickens' novels. the ' after the s shows possession. "Dickens's" is improper grammar. there are always exceptions to the rule, but generally when something ends in an s and is a proper name...you use s' not s's.
    No. "Dickens's" is proper grammar. Essentially, either way is fine as long as you stay consistent.

See, e.g., http://grammar.ccc.commnet.edu/grammar/possessives.htm

Heirloom idea is great. i recently tried to round all my up and realized at least 3 gone. Lowbie toons i never leveled to 10 and was careless. Thanks to blizzard to holding my hand lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flitzy View Post
    Well it's not a good sign for Blizzard when people don't want to do the major raid of the expansion because they're sick of SuperThrallJesus constantly showing up everywhere.
    wait ... people do raid content for the story? lol ...

Have to laugh at these changes. I made about 2-3 million gold selling AH mats to people that actually need them. It is usually no problem paying like 10g fee to post your stuff and then having no sales for like 3-4 days. Then someone who levels enchanting suddenly buys a few stacks .... this works fine NOW. But I when I have to pay like 400g just to repost stuff that people hardly need then that does no longer calculate. I usually have mats worth 500-700k at the AH, be it recipes, dusts, essences, shards. Looking at the numbers above it means I'd have to pay like 3*2-3k a week just to get 5-10k back in sales. I don't get how they can change that after like 6 years into the game So well, good luck leveling your professions in the future

Oh gods... this means the end of selling enchanting materials on the AH with NO listing fee.

The heirloom changes went in during the first build of the PTR and the change includes BoA enchants (shoulder/helm).

The heirloom changes were in for the first build of this current PTR, additionally, the changes include BoA enchants (shoulders / head) that you get from Rep venders.