Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Recently started 25m with low fps.

Hello Fellas..

As topic stated... i recently started raiding 25m, and i seems to be getting a very low fps in raids.. and tbh with my specs it shouldnt really be a problem for me ..
    just wanted to hear other people's opinion and feedback on it..
    went everything on low settings and still got around 30 fps when idling in 25m.. even less in combat..

My specs are:
    Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T
    ATI Radeon 6950HD 2gigabyte
    Kingston 8GB DDR3-1600 HyperX DualChannel RAM

Hope any of you got any ideas why it seems to so low with these specs..

// Cqa
    Last edited by mmoc8472c410cc; 2011-10-09 at 11:03 PM.

i have ran into same problem,10 man is no fps problem i guess just all the extra traffic?
    remembers when 10k dps means you were a god....now its par

Remove recount (in case you use) and try tinydps instead. I miss recounts depth of stats greatly personally but i seen a tremendous fps increase once i stoped using it.

Sunshafts disable also and see how it is.

Just the recount removal should increase your in raid performance greatly.

Deleted
    Well.. when idling there shouldnt really be any problems with recount now should there?

Disable recount. Setting graphics to low doesn't really help much at all. Your cpu isn't particulary powerful, so dont use cpu intensive addons for 25 man raiding.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can run extra addons and higher graphics in 10 man, and have to disable nearly almost all addons in 25, and have graphic as low as they will go, or I only have like 2 FPS. 25 mans just kind of suck.

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Disable all addons and see if the problem persists. I have a feeling you're using some outdated ones.

You should be getting 30fps on high/ultra settings, not on low so there's definitely something wrong.

Guessing an addon problem, make sure everything is updated. If turning off addons don't work, check out temperatures while WoW is running in case the CPU or the graphics card is getting overheat throttled.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    I just tried disabling all addons and went to a place where nothing really was.. i went from 150 fps to a smooth 200-250 fps.. wasnt using outdated addons or anything.
    but it helped some.. could be some of my addons are CPU heavy..

---------- Post added 2011-10-10 at 01:15 AM ----------

My tempatures aren't getting high either really.

WoW kind of hates AMD processors :/
    But even then you should be able to play smoothly on good/high settings on your current specs.
    So Im guessing the same as others, your addons fail. Maybe too many of them, maybe too many cpu intensive ones, maybe outdated ones, who knows, but try disabling ALL addons in a raid and then check your fps.
    | Ryzen R7 5800X | Radeon RX 6800 |

Addons that crunch a lot of numbers in real time are cpu intensive, and it really just gets worse the more you have. This include all forms of damage meters and threat meters, although recount is the big bad boy here. Since these addons dont affect your gameplay in any way, you should get rid of them first, so you can continue using addons that DOES affect your gameplay, like DBM and tidyplates etc without dipping too low.

Recount seems to be the only addon I used to use that caused me massive FPS drops.

I long since uninstalled it and installed Skada instead. I then deleted all the modules I would never use in skada and kept the "damage" module because that's the only one I care about. Now my FPS is somewhat back to normal.

In 40 man BG's I still take a FPS hit but I think everyone takes a hit there.

Quote Originally Posted by Cqa View Post
    I just tried disabling all addons and went to a place where nothing really was.. i went from 150 fps to a smooth 200-250 fps.. wasnt using outdated addons or anything. but it helped some.. could be some of my addons are CPU heavy...
    Some addons are simply broken, odds are you're using one. Or some of your addons might be corrupted and causing million lua errors which will slow down the game. Sometimes when the game crashes it can break addon settings residing in wtf folder and you need to delete the broken files to get rid of the slowdowns.

Would recommend deleting cache, data\cache (not whole data), wtf and interface folders and build UI from scratch to get rid of all possible file corruption issues.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgsnstuff View Post
    WoW kind of hates AMD processors :/
    Don't think its anything about AMD, but wow doesn't really like multicore cpus that much. For example you get the same or even better performance with the quadcore intel i5 then with the 6 core i7. Since his cpu have 6 (but individually weaker) cores compared to for example the intel i5's 4 cores, he loses performance.

Deleted
    Yea.. decided that i wanted to build a whole new ui from scratch again..

To that thing "wow hates amd processors" etc.. i've been thinking about swapping it out for an. i5 2500-2600 one maybe.. Haven't decided yet since i'm a bit low on cash atm.

But would u think that would help in anyway?

I have an AMD 955 overclocked to 3.9Ghz. WoW does not hate my processor. Yeah I'm not seeing the best FPS I would have been getting with an i5, but AMD has the most bang for the buck so that's why I picked it.

I get 40 fps in org on a busy day with everything on ultra and 1920x1080.

In raids I get 20-30 fps depending on the AOE situation. During heavy AOE like killing Rag's elementals, it sometimes drops to 5 fps.. but I can handle it. Not worth it to buy a new motherboard and CPU just to get a little more FPS.

You can see a comparison on your cpu and the i5 2500 here

Yea.. decided that i wanted to build a whole new ui from scratch again..
    Good. Since turning off the addons made such a big difference, it's probably the root of the problem. Or at least root of one problem.

To that thing "wow hates amd processors" etc.. i've been thinking about swapping it out for an. i5 2500-2600 one maybe.. Haven't decided yet since i'm a bit low on cash atm.

But would u think that would help in anyway?
    WoW does not hate AMD processors, it just runs lot faster on Sandy Bridges because those are essentially 2 generations newer technology. Playing WoW on AMD is kinda like doing heroic Firelands in T11 gear: totally possible but gimping yourself.

Difference between your current Phenom and i5-2500K would be during aoe/adds phases where framerate dips to it's lowest point. There i5-2500K can keep the minimum 10-20fps higher than AMD processors. It does not make any kind of real difference for maximum fps anywhere.

---------- Post added 2011-10-10 at 02:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by BodycountQQ View Post
    In raids I get 20-30 fps depending on the AOE situation. During heavy AOE like killing Rag's elementals, it sometimes drops to 5 fps.. but I can handle it. Not worth it to buy a new motherboard and CPU just to get a little more FPS.
    Stock sped 3.3GHz i5-2500K handles those Rag's adds at 25fps with fraps running and graphics set to "high" at 1920x1080 monitor. That's how big difference it makes.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Good. Since turning off the addons made such a big difference, it's probably the root of the problem. Or at least root of one problem.

WoW does not hate AMD processors, it just runs lot faster on Sandy Bridges because those are essentially 2 generations newer technology. Playing WoW on AMD is kinda like doing heroic Firelands in T11 gear: totally possible but gimping yourself.

Difference between your current Phenom and i5-2500K would be during aoe/adds phases where framerate dips to it's lowest point. There i5-2500K can keep the minimum 10-20fps higher than AMD processors. It does not make any kind of real difference for maximum fps anywhere.

---------- Post added 2011-10-10 at 02:29 AM ----------

Stock sped 3.3GHz i5-2500K handles those Rag's adds at 25fps with fraps running and graphics set to "high" at 1920x1080 monitor. That's how big difference it makes.
    I never had any issues running 25s with maxed settings with E8400 (c2d @ 3GHz) and recount on with 1920x1200 monitor. If you experience lower FPS you probably have something else bottlenecking/slowing you down. It's also worthy to mention that WoWs code isn't #1 when it comes down to addons.

Deleted
    Will be taking it into consideration to maybe get a new CPU.. cause i don't really like having huge fps drops during encounters and stuff.

But if i'm gonna stick with my current CPU. and redo all my UI etc..
    And still goes low fps.. u guys got any other tips of what i could do ?