Thread: One word name

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I played GW2 at the Eurogamer Expo this year and the character I made used one word, so I can confirm that yes, you can have one word names.

However my actual character will be called Snowy Winterfall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlamarAtMMOC View Post
    Isn't the f in f2p mean free? : )

-Alamar
    A misnomer of language. Technically GW2 is B2P. You still have to buy a copy of the game in order to play it, even though there is no sub-fee. There are truly F2P games out there, DCUO will have a version come later this month.

"Joe the barber" actually fits, sillyness aside I'm glad we'll be able to put spaces in our character names, and am happy there will be no numbers.

Suppose I'll call dibs on a Human Guardian: "Henry VIII".
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalla View Post
    I'll have a Female Charr Ranger named Kalla Ashbow I am SO FREAKING EXCITED!
    You mean "Kalla" like the lore hero "Kalla"?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eorayn View Post
    You mean "Kalla" like the lore hero "Kalla"?
    Don't really see why it matters. I don't know about that lore character but for all I know, the parents could have named the child after her?

Quote Originally Posted by Rivehn View Post
    Because your going to get a lot of dumb two word names showing up. Sure they can ban the obvious ones but seeing as guild wars 2 is f2p get ready for a massive load of names like twilight jacob.
    Won't be any different than Twilightjacob. All it does is make the bad names look neater, which is absolutely no reason to remove the ability of having names with two or more words.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh no! Can I not name her after a war hero? Yes its the same from Ghosts of Ascalon. Such a great book

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh no! Can I not name her after a war hero? Yes its the same from Ghosts of Ascalon. Such a great book
    I say you can have the first name or last name, but people seem to look down on people who take lore hero names as their own, I suppose.

I made Grimora about 10 years ago while drawing, of course she wasn't a charr at the time, just your average random character. But I used her again in WoW, and again in D&D, and again in GW1. So yeah, I was glad to finally be able to use her again.

Originality is a rule for me personally.

My warband so far:

Grimora Ironblood - female Charr Engineer
    Ghinzo Ironjaw - male Charr Warrior
    Dulce Ironclaw - male Charr Thief
    Calaban Ironclad - male Charr Guardian
    Sapphire Ironhorn - female Charr Elementalist
    Achatus Irongrip - male Charr Necromancer
    ??? - ??? Charr ???

10+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=Grugmuc;13645144]I say you can have the first name or last name, but people seem to look down on people who take lore hero names as their own, I suppose.

I made Grimora about 10 years ago while drawing, of course she wasn't a charr at the time, just your average random character. But I used her again in WoW, and again in D&D, and again in GW1. So yeah, I was glad to finally be able to use her again.

Originality is a rule for me personally.

My warband so far:

Grimora Ironblood - female Charr Engineer
    Ghinzo Ironjaw - male Charr Warrior
    Dulce Ironclaw - male Charr Thief
    Calaban Ironclad - male Charr Guardian
    Sapphire Ironhorn - female Charr Elementalist
    Achatus Irongrip - male Charr Necromancer
    ??? - ??? Charr ???[/QUOTE

Hmmm...i suppose you're right...sang..I made my charcter and my whole forum name after that...maybe ill just change it too something similar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm...i suppose you're right...sang..I made my charcter and my whole forum name after that...maybe ill just change it too something similar.
    You can be Kalla XXX, just don't copy her full name, because I'm not sure on how ArenaNet feels with people copying their lore character's names. I'd figure just to give you a heads up. You can use Kalla, or Fierceshot, or w/e, just only use half of their name so you don't get in trouble when it comes out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grugmuc View Post
    You can be Kalla XXX, just don't copy her full name, because I'm not sure on how ArenaNet feels with people copying their lore character's names. I'd figure just to give you a heads up. You can use Kalla, or Fierceshot, or w/e, just only use half of their name so you don't get in trouble when it comes out.
    Oh there is no way I would use the full name haha I just fell in love with the name Kalla. It just seemed like the perfect name for a female Charr haha I don't know. I nor kinda lole Talla Ashbow that sounds nice as well. sorry typing on this rent phone is kinda hard bags sorry for my spelling snd typos.

You need to not type on your phone Kalla. (Dinotopig) haha that last post was bad with spelling and stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by G-rated View Post
    You need to not type on your phone Kalla. (Dinotopig) haha that last post was bad with spelling and stuff.
    Id had a feeling you were going to be on here soon...silly g-rated.