Best Professions for Lock

I've had JC and Alch for ages on my lock. I know I've been missing out since I don't have tailoring, and I'm 'this' far away from levelling it up. Question is....which other profession do I drop? Alch or JC? I'm leaning towards getting rid of JC but not too sure. Anyone have any thoughts??

Meh, you're fine tbh. If you had to pick I'd run Tailoring and Blacksmithing so you can use 2 extra 4.3 red gems (which gives you 100 int instead of 80) but its really up to you, honestly, unless you're super min/maxing your professions are fine.
    Soulburn: Unstable Affliction. A boy can dream.

I'd drop JC. Alchemy is more fun and rewarding. JC only gives you a bonus of +1 int. Screw that...
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

I run with JC and Engineering at the moment, but I recently made a switch into full time demonology so I'm looking at dropping engineering to pick up tailoring so I can stack it's proc with MWC and DMC:V for my doomguard. I haven't done it yet because of the upcoming patch which could easily make anyone regret switching to or from various professions, especially since Demonology is apparently being moved away from Doomguard dps since they 'fixed' the only thing that made their damage competitive on the PTR.

ATM all crafting professions are equal but within about ~5 int of each other, except Engineering which sucks.

We do not know if other professions will be buffed to 100 int over 80 int along with Blacksmithing, or if Blacksmithing will be nerfed down to 80 int, so hold on until the patch hits live before switching professions - if you picked one, I would say drop JC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, in 4.3 they changed the current Brilliant Chimera's Eyes to +77 instead of +67 like it is on Live. Couple BS and JC, the two could potentially be the biggest dps professions. But like the above, just need to wait out a few more patches on the PTR before saying one is better than the next.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spaztom View Post
    I've had JC and Alch for ages on my lock. I know I've been missing out since I don't have tailoring, and I'm 'this' far away from levelling it up. Question is....which other profession do I drop? Alch or JC? I'm leaning towards getting rid of JC but not too sure. Anyone have any thoughts??
    Lightweave averages out to be 135 int bonus. Minus the 50 int from the regular int cloak enchant, and you get an 85 int bonus. Tailoring is a bitch to level, and to power level it's very expensive. It's just not worth it for the 5 intellect. Keep them both. In 4.3, you'll be able to transmute epic gems, and then cut them. Pretty win.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    You also have to think about the intangible/non-DPS benefits. I run Tailor/Alch on my lock... Tailor for the Lightweave proc ofc, but not a huge moneymaker otherwise. Alch gives a +80 bonus like any other prof, but also gives me 4 hr flasks, and a Truegold CD which still sells for 700g on my server (edit: the Truegold, not the CD). If the static DPS bonus is the same, consider the other reasons the prof is cool, by whatever standards you think "cool" means.

Heroic progression raider. Incapable of using Saran Wrap.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Got Tailoring / Engeering myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Moggie View Post
    Well, in 4.3 they changed the current Brilliant Chimera's Eyes to +77 instead of +67 like it is on Live. Couple BS and JC, the two could potentially be the biggest dps professions. But like the above, just need to wait out a few more patches on the PTR before saying one is better than the next.
    That's because everyone can use +50 int gems in 4.3 - http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=71881

Engineering ftw, coolest gadgets, I'm using rocket boots, parachute, jeeves and teleports all the time. Also its on-use int buff has more potential than passive int buffs, if used right.