Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxytrott View Post
    Carpé Diem... god almighty I hate that expression...
    I'm not saying you don't have the right to hate that quote, but why? I personally love it. Sums up my entire life, and in my opinion, the goal of all life. Seize the day, be all you can be, do what you want and what you need to.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Guestimate"

Anyone who says or uses that word should stop speaking and hit yourself in the mouth hard. It gets under my skin horribly when I hear it.
    | Happiness is the best revenge |

The constantly repeating or just saying "Oh my god" in every $*%#damn sentence

RAAAGE

oh my days

what does that even mean...?

For world of warcraft: "......" is so faceroll

usually used in conjunction with something the speaker is in fact incapable or bad at doing

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hate when people say "good for you"

Deleted
    I hate everything that needs quote unquote, only a parody of it is enjoyable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Electroso View Post
    I hate when people say "good for you"
    Same. That saying feels negative and uninterested even when it's maybe meant well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feral4ever View Post
    Person A says blah blah blah and then says "you know what i mean?"
    A. they are after validation from me to agree with them or some form of acknowledgment or
    B. think im a idiot, that needs to be asked if i understand what they just said.

Either way it annoys me.

oh god this for me aswell, my mother never use to say it, then she met a friend who said it after nearly every sentence, and now she says it, after nearly every other sentence, and i am like YES I BLOODY KNOW YOU WHAT YOU MEAN! in the most menial of conversations that a child could understand, they dont need to ask if i understood what was just said.

---------- Post added 2011-10-10 at 12:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mongler View Post
    "Guestimate"

Anyone who says or uses that word should stop speaking and hit yourself in the mouth hard. It gets under my skin horribly when I hear it.

i had a teacher that said it all the time, the word just really annoys me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    "I could care less" so you mean you really do care? It is supposed to be "I could not care less".
    This. Makes no sense, mkay

Deleted
    also, when people quote historic quotes to try and win an argument, when usually what they're quoting is rather irrelevant or in the wrong context.

Deleted
    My brother recently started saying "Hawkward" constantly.. That annoys me..

10+ Year Old Account
    Any of the Philosoraptor ones.

Quote Originally Posted by White Fox View Post
    I'm not saying you don't have the right to hate that quote, but why? I personally love it. Sums up my entire life, and in my opinion, the goal of all life. Seize the day, be all you can be, do what you want and what you need to.

because a lot of people are using it as "Do shit right now, deal with consequences later" kinda thing, which I personally can't stand.

In the online world, the following annoy me:

-'U mad bro?' and various 'troll' phrases. We see it throughout life: something that has negative meaning is flipped to be a positive. At this stage, people WANT to be called a 'troll', somehow it is now a 'cool' thing to be. It's been popularised, and hell, the original idea of what it means to be a 'troll' has been forgotten (basic art of trolling: saying something that is intentionally wrong, so that people get angry and upset when they read it. For example, 'The Legend of Zelda is so great! I love Zelda, he's so awesome' referring to Link, the main character).

-People signing off their posts with their name. We can see your name on the left there, you don't need to end your post with your name. It's redundant.

-Similarly, people ending their posts with 'trolls and flamers go elsewhere, plxkthx' or similar. There are going to be trolls and flamers, it's the internet. Just because you asked doesn't mean someone will go 'oh ok, I'm not welcome here, I guess I'll go to another thread'. No. If anything, it'll attract MORE trolls because they know you don't want them there.

- 'FIRST!!!!!' I don't think I need to say more than that.

-'The Cake is a Lie': the joke is done. Time to move on people. What's even worse is when people say it they think they're being really clever and witty, it always makes me cringe.

There's more, but this is dangerously close to becoming a rant, so I'll stop. There is one 'RL' phrase that bugs me though, and for one reason only.

'You understand what I'm saying?' or 'you get what I'm saying?' or similar. I was indifferent to it, but then I got a new job where the person that sits behind me is always on the phone, and says that phrase after every sentence, really loudly. When you listen to the phrase 30 times a day, it starts to get a bit irritating.

I am also annoyed by "The customer is ALWAYS right!". Especially when being lambasted by employer with it. I wonder if the manager would sing the same tune if next time someone got that thrown in their face by a manager, that person quit (therefore becoming a customer rather employee) and said "I don't think you should work here". I guess by his account he would have to resign.

"I mean, you know, like, like... you know what I mean?"

Deleted
    ,, go swim" not really annoys me but HI BOKI!

There's a spanner in the works ya'know?

Quote Originally Posted by White Fox View Post
    Asked and answered in the same 2 lines =)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    "now that's a copout" or "you can always control your actions" got fed these so much as a kid they're now the perfect way to piss me off in seconds no matter how mellow i may be. Even my saying them bugs me.