View Poll Results: Do you like the new DMC?

Voters
30. This poll is closed
  • YES!!

10 33.33%
  • NO!!

20 66.67%

Poll: Devil May Cry.

Fun note: Do you guys like old dante better or new dante?

I haven't seen enough of "new dante" to make a judgement. And frankly neither have you. Wait till the game is released and then hate.

10+ Year Old Account
    You just got my hopes up that there's a new DMC already.
    "You're messing with my zen thing, man!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Quick search of Wikipedia yields this.

Wasn't even aware a 5th DMC was being made. I don't like it, doesn't look smug enough for Dante imo.
    Last edited by Pud'n; 2011-10-10 at 12:00 PM.

This is a little punk-assed kid with an arrogance problem. Old Dante, is a bad-ass half-demon with a fitting arrogant attitude
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

Quote Originally Posted by Vasti View Post
    This is a little punk-assed kid with an arrogance problem. Old Dante, is a bad-ass half-demon with a fitting arrogant attitude
    Idd. Old style >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> New style.

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer the punk dante over emo dante. Though if the gameplay works i MAY get it and this comes from a guy who got the limited edition of 4 and is a nero fan. New character fine COMPLETELY change someone retcon the reboot and make it a prequel no no thx.

From what I've heard, new Dante is basically filling the 'rebellious angsty teenager' quota. He smokes, talks back to adults, and generally acts like a brat.

Old Dante was interesting. He was an ass, but he cared. He got the job done while complaining and looking insanely cool. I much prefer Old Dante, though if New Dante proves to be more interesting than I initially thought, then I may give it a try. Who knows.

I hate the new Dante, and Ninja Theory with every fiber of my being. The new Dante is just Tameem Antoniades's way of making himself into a video game character. It's practically the definition of a Mary Sue.

Tameem was a London punker in the 80s. He's such an arrogant asshole that he thinks his teenage years were cooler than Dante, the king of cool. What's worse is the way he insults the fans, insults the old design of Dante, and just generally takes an attitude of, I know best, so sit down and shut up. He is intentionally trying to turn Dante into some kind of punker/twilight hybrid so that DMC will appeal to a younger, more rebellious audience.

Not to mention he's raping the canon in like 7000 other ways.

I have never before in my life wished harm on another human being. I can say for sure though, that if I saw him in person, I would very quickly be in jail for assault, and it'd be worth it.

Also, I just generally dislike how they're changing the style of the game from rock and symphony, to punk.

On the badass music scale, this

cannot possibly compete with this

or this.

And for hilarity's sake.

---------- Post added 2011-10-10 at 12:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    I prefer the punk dante over emo dante. Though if the gameplay works i MAY get it and this comes from a guy who got the limited edition of 4 and is a nero fan. New character fine COMPLETELY change someone retcon the reboot and make it a prequel no no thx.
    Concerning gameplay. They have removed devil trigger from the game. They have replaced it with what they're currently calling Dante trigger. When activating Dante trigger, Dante's hair turns white, his coat turns red, and all the enemies are slowed and knocked into the air. Think of quicksilver combined with an AoE high time.

The Dante trigger lasts longer the longer you can keep all the enemies in the air. Gameplay will focus heavily on aerial combos, similar to the jump canceling combos in DMC 3 and 4, just with a much much lower skill requirement and skill cap. Alternative weapons in the game will be either demonic, to represent Dante's half demon side, or angelic to represent his half angel side. Oh yeah, I suppose I forgot to mention that they decided Dante should be half demon and half angel now, instead of demon/human.
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2011-10-10 at 12:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as the game itself, i like it. I mean just because Dante looks different really doesn't bother me, its when he was younger anyway so its not like that's his new official look. Gameplay for it looks awesome and fun just like the older DMC's. But if you were to ask me which Dante i like most then i have to say i like the old Dante a lot more, especially from DMC 2, i liked him most in that one.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Deleted
    The anime was shit.

Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori View Post
    The anime was shit.
    Somehow, I just don't think it's possible for the anime to be worse than this game will be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori View Post
    The anime was shit.
    This post has NOTHINg to do with the anime so please just stop already. Besides not like you're the granddaddy of all anime and the overlord of the multiverse. In fact you're a motherfucking NOVICE when it comes to anime compared to people like me and most of us in the anime thread that you so love to troll so just shut it already.

Oh and for future reference i was holding back for civilities sake.

---------- Post added 2011-10-10 at 02:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    As far as the game itself, i like it. I mean just because Dante looks different really doesn't bother me, its when he was younger anyway so its not like that's his new official look. Gameplay for it looks awesome and fun just like the older DMC's. But if you were to ask me which Dante i like most then i have to say i like the old Dante a lot more, especially from DMC 2, i liked him most in that one.
    Well the REAL problem is how this FORMER reboot is now supposed to be canon and yet it will call for/create more retcons than the draenei and sargeras origins combined.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Well the REAL problem is how this FORMER reboot is now supposed to be canon and yet it will call for/create more retcons than the draenei and sargeras origins combined.
    Dante is now part angel, and does not have Rebellion. I don't think I really need to say more on the subject of retcons. Well, I guess I could throw in the fact that Dante's hair not being white removes a key detail concerning his relationship with his brother, but whatever, Tameem knows best right? /pukes

Quote Originally Posted by Vasti View Post
    this guy sums up how i feel about the new one.
    Tell them that the Lich King is dead...and the World of Warcraft...died with him.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the new DMC (as I liked the old ones), but Dante will always be a stupid character with ridiculous fake speechs.

Ah, the good ol' gamer forum cliche of judging something from a few screenshots and crapping all over it before it's even released.

I won't judge the game from pictures and a couple of videos but I do like the Old Dante over the newer one, will still play this game since I was never disappointed by DMC games.

Quote Originally Posted by Slappyjoe View Post
    Ah, the good ol' gamer forum cliche of judging something from a few screenshots and crapping all over it before it's even released.
    I am judging the game based on multiple trailers, developer interviews, plot analysis, and gameplay analysis. I am very very well informed concerning this game, the lore behind it, and the history and opinions of the developers.

And I have my reasons for thinking that this game will be terrible. Even putting that asside though, I would almost refuse to buy this game on principal, just because of the arrogant statements made by the lead designer.
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2011-10-10 at 03:09 PM.

Well gameplay looks great, the game actually has style because lets be honest with ourselves here in the DMC games it was really only the characters that pushed the story, the environments were always a bit to be desired. Now as a character we know very little, only that he was tortured in some way and really just does not care about a society which is secretly run by demons who can alter the world and send people to, I guess you can say hell at will.

Also, the new Dante is not emo...I do not know how many emo people all of you have seen, but he is definitely not. Now in all likelihood his character is more punk/very early goth inspired and really though I sort of like the way Ninja Theory is exploring story. Not too sure about the half Angel side but really we do not know enough about the new Dante yet to really judge.

All in all the new game is looking pretty damn good so far. But really we cannot say which is better without playing the game.
    Last edited by Anthoren; 2011-10-10 at 03:52 PM.