Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Illustrator Jewelcrafter Token 4.3?

Hallo Champions.

Well theres been alot of talking about the Tokens in the next Patch. Someone is telling me to stack them up for next patch, because you can buy Epic gems whit them and buy the recipes. Can anyone confirm that ore is it just talking?

Thanks in Advance.

Sonax.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonaxiano View Post
    Hallo Champions.

Well theres been alot of talking about the Tokens in the next Patch. Someone is telling me to stack them up for next patch, because you can buy Epic gems whit them and buy the recipes. Can anyone confirm that ore is it just talking?

Thanks in Advance.

Sonax.
    recipes, perhaps. Epic gems, no, these only drop in Dragon Soul raid.

Deleted
    Im not in game to check, How much stats does the JC only gems give? 60 somthing or 77?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by velde046 View Post
    recipes, perhaps. Epic gems, no, these only drop in Dragon Soul raid.
    has this been confirmed? that they drop from raid and not from instances?
    Up till now I've only seen speculation...

they might drop from Fire Prisms too or from some new faction and for sure they will be transmutable even if the recipe source is still not clear...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by T Man View Post
    Im not in game to check, How much stats does the JC only gems give? 60 somthing or 77?
    77 atleast on PTR

I'm stacking them up anyway, since I already have all of the profitable cuts and some others too. If anything, you can get more cuts if they're not used.

Deleted
    hehe yeah , got 80 tokens :P

and i remember seeing some patterns in a datamined database that had new jc recipes , bought with jc tokens , so they are usefull

not 1000% sure on that , but that's what i remember

Gems are obtainable as drops or transmutation recipies.
    Recipes are obtainable through books that almost surely likely drop in Raid as well.

Deleted
    Thanks for the input.

Deleted
    does no one read anything on this site or what?

The gems will drop from the raid not sure if its from bosses or mobs aswell, but it'll be a bag with some in, that was posted on mmo champion some time ago cba to find it but its on here.

The epic recipes can be bought for 5 tokens? i think it is on ptr atm also posted on here only a few days ago

Quote Originally Posted by DadRaider View Post
    The epic recipes can be bought for 5 tokens? i think it is on ptr atm also posted on here only a few days ago

And the post was made more than a few days ago. I guess we could ask you your question
    In Soviet Russia, you loot to raid.

Hippa

Epic cuts are 5 each or you can spend 4 and get a random cut

I had saved up 50 something tokens, and blew them all in one night on current cata recipes to sell tons of rare gems on the AH...

3 days later, I read the PTR notes about the epic patterns using tokens to buy and i almost /wrists.. So i'm back to farming them, and i have 6 or so..

im hoping to have a grip of them by the time the patch hits.. i think I've only missed one day in the last 10, because it's the stupid elemental goo one.

Deleted
    I have about 140 or so. Still trying to figure out how much to charge per cut in 4.3 since you will obviously have to go back to spamming trade and doing cut by cut instead of AH-ing them. A bit unfortunate but at least I know I'll have a LOT of designs to work with. I hope to be able to buy nearly all of them by the time 4.3 is live.

Quote Originally Posted by pandars View Post
    I had saved up 50 something tokens, and blew them all in one night on current cata recipes to sell tons of rare gems on the AH...

3 days later, I read the PTR notes about the epic patterns using tokens to buy and i almost /wrists.. So i'm back to farming them, and i have 6 or so..

im hoping to have a grip of them by the time the patch hits.. i think I've only missed one day in the last 10, because it's the stupid elemental goo one.
    The Elemental Goo daily is pretty easy to accomplish. Just take the portal from Stormwind/Orgrimmar (depending on your faction) to Mount Hyjal, slay the Rock Elementals in the immediate area and take a portal back. Easy and not that time consuming.

OT: I suspect this is old news but specific cuts will be 5 tokens each, with random cuts at 4 tokens each. All epic gems will have a small chance to drop from bosses in the new Dragon Soul raid encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by angelblack View Post
    I have about 140 or so. Still trying to figure out how much to charge per cut in 4.3 since you will obviously have to go back to spamming trade and doing cut by cut instead of AH-ing them. A bit unfortunate but at least I know I'll have a LOT of designs to work with. I hope to be able to buy nearly all of them by the time 4.3 is live.
    I've been thinking about this too, i have 3 jcs and i have over 255 tokens needed for all the recipes, i will probably charge 50g per cut and only a few cuts per person ofc so i dont cut 20 gems to someone and they AH it.

Every server will be flooded with people who have all useful cuts from day one on if they don't limit the number of tokens that you can carry over into 4.3. I don't expect to make that much money on epic gems.
    Last edited by Leobald; 2011-10-25 at 10:03 PM.

Deleted
    Indeed, there will be way more money made on rare gems. People are overestimating the number of epic gems they'll get compared to the number of new items they will get (from the new heroics + raid).
    I think infernos will explode again, epic gems will be a novelty for the first month or so, just like embers.

10+ Year Old Account
    They better mother fucking let alchemists xmute epic gems (on a CD of course).

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

Deleted
    They won't, it would flood the market even with a cooldown. It will come only from raids.