Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    You seem agitated, perhaps your blood sugar is too high.
    You seem slow in understanding concepts such as the food pyramid, maybe not enough glucose in your brain. Two can play at this.

EDIT: Also, I'd be agitated if my BP was too high, I'd be hyper if my sugar was too high. Nice try I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
    You seem slow in understanding concepts such as the food pyramid, maybe not enough glucose in your brain. Two can play at this.

EDIT: Also, I'd be agitated if my BP was too high, I'd be hyper if my sugar was too high. Nice try I guess.
    It was a joke, hyper can equate to easy agitation.

*yawn*

But seriously you do seem easily upset by other people's opinions.

I use the paleo diet, it's fantastic for maintaining the body I want.

Try high-intensity interval training. HIIT for short.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-in...erval_training

I typically do jog/sprint intervals. You will really have to push yourself out of your comfort zone, but it's the fastest way to lose fat.

Basically what happens is, you do a short but extremely intense workout that causes your body to go into what's called excess post-exercise oxygen consumption, (EPOC). Your body will continue to burn calories up to 38 hours after a SINGLE workout, whereas a typical slower paced, long distance jog will stop burning excess calories as soon as you are done working out. You would do something like this maybe 3 times a week, because it takes you longer to recover.

Also it really wouldn't hurt to lay off the beer a little, beer is terrible when you are trying to make any kind of athletic progress.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have basically swapped out carbs, like having mash potato or bread, with an extra helping of veggies. Eat as much protein as you like as you actually burn a lot of the calorific content of a pure protein portion just from the act of digesting it. It's something like eating 600 calories of protein = burning 180 calories just from eating it, which is all slow release energy after that and ideal for cardio workouts. High protein diets also help with building up muscle too. Just avoid fatty and processed meat like sausages and full fat bacon. Chicken breasts and fish are awesome!

"When you eat protein your body feels fuller longer, which means you won't be hungry again in 30 minutes and looking for more food. Unlike carbohydrates which digest very fast and cause quick spikes and drops in your blood sugar, which then triggers that hunger again. Lean protein will help with minimizing those frequent cravings and fluctuations in your blood sugars, which will definitely sabotage your mini skirt goals. You will no longer have that hunger urge you get between meals or risk splurging or overeating."

You can wear your miniskirt to the gym dude, if you sort out the diet!!11

Citing my post: http://www.streetdirectory.com/trave...ry_easily.html

If you want a proper full on diet to try then I would recommend the Dukan Diet simply to avoid you trying some of the other diets that are massively harmful to your body, or those that make you pile on weight after you break the weird regimes they have, like that cabbage soup POS diet that people try.
    Last edited by Theodon; 2011-10-10 at 11:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Uneducated? Puh-leez. Firstly I never said to talk to a neurosurgeon about your diet: nice straw man, buddy. Secondly chiropractic is bunk, though I never said you recommended it (which you shouldn't, as it's bunk with no empirical evidence backing it). Thirdly, sure, a physiologist is probably fine.

Hard evidence for any of this please. Because this is a post full of bogus claims.
    what, you need evidence that the brain constantly needs sugar? and that our body needs energy to function, and that carbos are a form of glucose, which give us energy?
    grow up man, go study pass high school, since those things are basic knowledge.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Ret was broken. If you don’t see eye to eye with us on that, then it’s understandable why the degree of change might be surprising to you
    i7 920@ 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte X58A-UD7, 6GB Ram Triple Channel OCZ @ 1900Mhz, CrossFire HD 5850 1Gb, Vertex 3 240Gb, BenQ M2700HD. G15 Keyboard

Agreed 100%. The cutting carb nonsense was nonsense to begin with, its popularity evidence only of our race's inherent stupidity.

I said a good doctor. Given the context of the conversation, that means a physician, not just anyone with a doctorate. Here's that word again: context. Look it up. And stop the blatant straw grasping, please.

Also, completely, 100% wrong on the evidence statement. If chiropractic actually did what it claims to, it could produce evidence during proper, scientific, double-blind experimentation, consistently and without excuse. You know, like real medicine. It doesn't. That's not "lack of education," that's skepticism and critical thinking, you know, the things education is supposed to instill.

The only people claiming chiropractic, acupuncture, and any non-evidence-based practice as legitimate are those who seemingly can't produce results as to why or how. We call these people "quacks."
    You're an idiot with an agenda, clearly. You want to know what your evidence based medicine has done for U.S. health care in the last 30 years? Look up how many iatrogenic deaths were caused by medicine. Now compare that amount due to chiropractic. That just one case of how evience based 'real' medicine has worked out for us. I am never one to get into a medicine vs alternative debate publically, as this is derailing the thread feel free to pm me here and I will lay out for you how blatantly un-educated you are about what you're trying to talk about.
    My hunter is the genetic love child of Liam Neeson, the Dos Equis guy and Chuck Norris. You lose.

<broken image snip>

Btw, all of you arguing over carbohydrate consumption...

You don't want to entirely cut all your carbs. What you want to do is cut out starches and refined sugars.

Eat wheat bread instead of white bread, eat oatmeal instead of cereal, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Halstinavos View Post
    Btw, all of you arguing over carbohydrate consumption...

You don't want to entirely cut all your carbs. What you want to do is cut out starches and refined sugars.

Eat wheat bread instead of white bread, eat oatmeal instead of cereal, etc.
    Good advice. Though you also want to limit your grain intake. Good nutrients from grains, but grains in all their forms are sources of omega 6 fatty acids and they are a generally acidic food, which isn't all that great.
    My hunter is the genetic love child of Liam Neeson, the Dos Equis guy and Chuck Norris. You lose.

<broken image snip>

You know what I learned in high school? That a man with a beard lives in the clouds and passes judgement on those who break his arbitrary and always-changing rules.

I also learned what reason is.

Guess which lesson I dumped, and which I retained?
    yeah, well, at 1am in the morning, writing in my 3rd language, I made a spelling mistake.. wow. I'm sorry.
    Since it seems this is is turning into a "I-know-I'm-right-and-I-need-to-have-the-last-word" thread, yet again, I'll sign off here, and leave you guys to your believes (true or not). Sad that so many discussions are turning into this kind of debate.
    gl to anyone attempting to loose some weight, it's hard but worth it in the end.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Ret was broken. If you don’t see eye to eye with us on that, then it’s understandable why the degree of change might be surprising to you
    i7 920@ 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte X58A-UD7, 6GB Ram Triple Channel OCZ @ 1900Mhz, CrossFire HD 5850 1Gb, Vertex 3 240Gb, BenQ M2700HD. G15 Keyboard

I definitely am not saying that I don't ever touch high carb foods; it just not that often. I believe that yes, you do need to have a balance between your diet and goals, but food is also about enjoyment. Winter squash and apple season is in and there is no way I am not going to be enjoying roasted butternut squash soup (and no, I am not sharing O.O). I am nice enough to wipe the tears away of my inner carb fiend once in awhile
    Last edited by handsdown; 2011-10-11 at 01:23 AM.
    you fill my lungs with sweetness & you fill my head with you.

There have been many studies that show alcohol consumption (even a little and even things like wine) greatly hinders the body's ability to lose weight. Drinking beer is especially harmful because there's such a large amount of gluten in beer. Carbs are the thing you should be eating in the morning exclusively, not at night. Switch up your meal plan and eat the light things later in the day so it doesn't sit in your stomach all night long. Carbs are complex: they take a LONG while to digest. Reserve mornings for carbs and sugars (even the sugars in fruits) so your body has all day to digest. And stay away from simple carbohydrates like the kind you find in white bread or potatoes. Go for the whole GRAIN bread and maybe something high in fiber. :] Eat pro-biotic things like yogurt to help the digestive bacteria in your intestines. If they're happy and healthy, your metabolism works better!!!
    On the topic of exorcize, it's easy for your body to get in a rut and Plateau. Try switching up which days you do what and the order in which you complete your workouts, and your body will have a hard time getting into a pattern, which = more calories and fat burned. :] It seems you're not going crazy and skipping days of rest (this is VERY harmful!) so I won't go into a tirade about that.
    All in all, it seems you have the drive and a good bit of knowledge! Just mix things up a bit to get out of that plateau, maybe even take up a new sport. Rowing is the all-inclusive work out. It uses every muscle in your body, plus a tremendous amount of cardio. If you don't have access to a rowing team or even a rowing machine at your local gym, swimming is the next best thing, working almost as many muscles and cardio...plus it's completely impact free! Anaerobic exorcize is always a challenge, and swimming is great for this.
    I hope this has been a help (and it's not too long) and good luck with your weight loss! <3
    Last edited by Orchard; 2011-10-11 at 01:06 AM.

Unfortunately, this thread has gone from simple disagreements on nutrition/exercise/getting healthy to raging arguments and attacking each other. Neither one of those are what we want around here. I think the basic concept of the thread has been accomplished and it won't recover to civility, so I'm going to lock it. This saddens me.

Closed