Deleted

Dps problems..(Destro Lock)

Hello

I have this problem when I go into ZG, ZA and raids, my dps is only around 8-9k damage, but the boss fight it stands at around 14k, I have met several locks, located at 14k on trash mobs as Destro .. I think I've read almost everything that is and about Warlocks .. my ilvl is on 359, I have also tried Affi, but is only at around 9-10k, do not know I'm doing wrong
    My rotation is: [Curse of the Elements] - [Bane of Doom] - [Corruption] - [Immolate] - [Conflagrate] - [Soul Fire (instant when I can)] - [Chaos Bolt] - [Incinerate] x4
    User Imp, and uses [Demon Soul] when I can

10+ Year Old Account
    I suggest you take a look at the sticky first.
    Your "rotation" is just wrong, to be more specific, as warlock you don't even use a rotation.

If you still have problems after you took a look at the sticky, try the help my dps sticky, post a log and your armory and we'll take a look at it.

Deleted
    You should always be starting with an instant cast (Soulburn) Soul Fire for the buff, and you should have the buff up at ALL times.

Deleted
    As Estasi said, keep the buff up constantly and prioritise it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bnx View Post
    Destro ..
    Herein lies the problem

As any lock spec it's difficult to have particularly good dps on trash, they just die too fast for our ramp up time. I haven't played destro in a while, but I'd imagine the best way to dps trash is to throw immolate on all targets and bane of havoc on one, then focus another one down. 14k on bosses at ilvl 359 is a little low, I'd expect 17-18k, and this probably has to do with the fact that you're using a rotation instead of a priority, there are many guides around the interwebs to use (there's probably one stickied in this forum) that can help with this.

10+ Year Old Account
    you do not have a rotation just a set of priorities

This is what you would do to initiate
    CoE, DS, SB+SF, Doomm, Corruption, Immolate, Conflag
    This is your priorites
    Keep SF buff up. keep track of it and hardcast SF if u have to
    Refresh dots
    use back draft on CB b4 Inc also do not Conflag b4 your chages of backdraft are up.

What i did is when i still played destro was Soulfire ( 2 sec before pull ) > BoD> Immolate > Corruption > CoE > Chaos Bolt > Conflagrate > Incin till SF buff runs out.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP is talking about trash DPS. Trash dies faster than BoD will tick for damage. Go with BoA and put BoH on another target. Other than that, the usual, CoE, immolate, etc, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by aztr0 View Post
    OP is talking about trash DPS. Trash dies faster than BoD will tick for damage. Go with BoA and put BoH on another target. Other than that, the usual, CoE, immolate, etc, etc.
    Honestly I don't think the DPET on corruption and BoA is high enough to justify using them on trash at all when they might not tick to their full duration.

EDIT: But yeah, BoD is definitely not worth using on trash.

Deleted
    to OP: NO ! Bad rotation !

Get buffs up, then dish out damage.

who cares about trash

Quote Originally Posted by Cursedfate View Post
    who cares about trash
    Group leaders who get pissy and whine about low trash dps. Does it actually matter, no, but if you can improve your trash dps its that much less likely you'll be kicked.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like how i posted a thread about my lock trying o figure out what i did wrong and it got locked in minutes..............