Transferring Achievements

Sooooo, this topic has probably been brought up in the past, and there may be one floating around now, but taking initiative and looking for it is a pain in the ass.

Anyway.....

I think Blizzard needs to incorporte a system that allows you to transfer achievement points from one character to another. It would definitely have limitations, such as 1 (min) to 5 (absolute max) per character. In addition, you should only be able to transfer achievements from one character to another of the same level. This way, we don't have level 60's riding around on Bloodbathed Frostbrood Vanquishers.

Personally, this system would allow and encourage more alts to be made. For me, once (or if is probably more appropriate) I get an alt to 85, I loose all motivation to play. I see that after nonstop questing and dungeons to get to 85 I only have, say, 890 achievement points and a Swift Yellow Windrider.

Now this game is not about achievemnts, true, but I guess with my personal play style it pisses me off to play a charater who doesn't have a lot. It wouldn't bother me if I didn't already have the 8000 or so achievemnts of my main, because that way it would obviously be cool to experience and achieve all those achievemnts on my own, yeah?

But, I've grown bored of my main shaman, and every time I go to level and alt, all I can see is grinding every Cata, WotLk, BC (kill me) and Vanilla faction rep again, finding competant and willing groups to run all old school raids for the meta achieve mount, logging on for every holiday and completeling those achievemnts again, and not to mention completing relentless hours of PvP.

That's not even including the gearing process....

But, I guess it's not unfair because achievements are not "neccisary" to the game, but what do you guys think? If you transfer acheivements, you're still the same player. You're still the same person who achieved all those things at one point, it's not at if you're downplaying them at all. You're simply transferring them.

Well, there's my two cents.

Not sure about the whole "transfering" idea. But I think account wide achievements would be a good idea. Under the thinking "you're still the same person who achieved all those things at one point". It reminds me of something I said to a guildie the other day. Told him I don't have one character that is particularly impressive(little over 9k achievements on one) but my account as a whole is pretty impressive.

Deleted
    I've moved this to the achievements forum

Quote Originally Posted by vikus View Post
    Sooooo, this topic has probably been brought up in the past, and there may be one floating around now, but taking initiative and looking for it is a pain in the ass.

Anyway.....

I think Blizzard needs to incorporte a system that allows you to transfer achievement points from one character to another. It would definitely have limitations, such as 1 (min) to 5 (absolute max) per character. In addition, you should only be able to transfer achievements from one character to another of the same level. This way, we don't have level 60's riding around on Bloodbathed Frostbrood Vanquishers.

Personally, this system would allow and encourage more alts to be made. For me, once (or if is probably more appropriate) I get an alt to 85, I loose all motivation to play. I see that after nonstop questing and dungeons to get to 85 I only have, say, 890 achievement points and a Swift Yellow Windrider.

Now this game is not about achievemnts, true, but I guess with my personal play style it pisses me off to play a charater who doesn't have a lot. It wouldn't bother me if I didn't already have the 8000 or so achievemnts of my main, because that way it would obviously be cool to experience and achieve all those achievemnts on my own, yeah?

But, I've grown bored of my main shaman, and every time I go to level and alt, all I can see is grinding every Cata, WotLk, BC (kill me) and Vanilla faction rep again, finding competant and willing groups to run all old school raids for the meta achieve mount, logging on for every holiday and completeling those achievemnts again, and not to mention completing relentless hours of PvP.

That's not even including the gearing process....

But, I guess it's not unfair because achievements are not "neccisary" to the game, but what do you guys think? If you transfer acheivements, you're still the same player. You're still the same person who achieved all those things at one point, it's not at if you're downplaying them at all. You're simply transferring them.

Well, there's my two cents.
    Id rather have account-wide achievements.