Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Yet another step closer to Blizzard selling Gold through the Blizzard store.

It's coming. You know it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge View Post
    Nope, I'm glad you 'know what you're talking about', but you're wrong. The people buying this to basically buy gold are not going to completely drop the floor on the price. The LOWEST average you will see this for is 8500, or about 1.17/k..
    Your assumption has two flaws. One, you assume all sellers will know the gold price and you assume they act rationally. Both are not true. I've sold mounts for 2-3 times the gold value, i've seen people undercut eachother until everyone makes a loss. Those people who have no idea how the AH works will freak out when they see many pets being sold and undercut until they sell, simply because they are afraid they won't sell at all. Prices will definitely drop to 4k, same price as the tournament pets.
    Arguing with a troll is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what you do or say, he will just knock over the pieces, take a shit on the board and strut around like he won the whole damn thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    TF2 had those microtransactions while it was pay to play; and it sells weapons that include an in-game benefit. WoW isn't at that point yet, so as far as I'm concerned, comparing Blizzard to Valve is completely insane. Two different business models. Who's to say WoW won't head down that road and become free to play? Oh, but then you'd have something else to bitch about.
    You're glossing over a lot there, bud.

First, the default weapons are just as good as the unlockable ones. Most of the unlockable weapons are for fun, and they're often the weaker choice. I wouldn't care at all if Blizzard wanted to sell gear, if you automatically got a default gear set that was just as good as the store options. Second, while TF2 did have microtransactions added later in its life, it never had a monthly fee, nor DLC fees (Call of Duty, anyone?) for its updates. Of course, now it's completely free to play. Valve didn't have to do that, but it did.

Finally, why would Blizzard make WoW free to play? They've got defenders like you who are perfectly happy paying a monthly fee and full price for expansions, on top of all that revenue from "premium" items and services that are usually hallmarks of a F2P game. Without, you know, that pesky "free" part.

In any event, it's irrelevant whether WoW goes F2P in the future: we're talking about Blizzard's greed now, not some distant point in the future.

How about a way to SELL my gold for real money?

Pit Lord
    LOL, Blizzard finally found an original way to sell gold.
    Karuzo, mistweaver monk | Macphisto, discipline priest
    <Razzia>, US-Arthas | @Spotnick

try to acquire a little extra in-game gold without turning to third-party gold-selling services WoW, Now able to buy legit gold, awesome...... Yeah those d3 micro trans sure never lead to this. cough cough

hello Glitch! I'd rather milk butterflies and nibble on pigs than to deal with this crappy 'game', in the end it WoW will really be all about money, gameplay will not be important. Oh wait, it already is like that ...
    Does not compute!

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    So they essentially raised this price of this item for the people who buy their pets for the sole reason of owning pets... because now they have to buy it multiple times.
    I buy pets, and I reckon I'll be able to buy this pretty cheap on the AH soon after it appears.

I honestly see wow adopting a PLEX item similar to eves in which people can buy game time and sell it for in game money

Quote Originally Posted by deviancee View Post
    2011/10/10Blizzard announces official gold selling
    OMG how you guys can not understand - it is NOT gold selling. Gold selling = creating amounts of gold from nowhere, this wont ruin economy at all - imagine that you got this pet in loot and sold it. This is simple way to get some gold for people who prefer to spent 10$ instead of 10hours farming.

Field Marshal
    NOW I REALLY CANCEL MY SUB< RELY IM GONNA DO THAT!!!!!!!!!!11111.

Quote Originally Posted by ssviolett View Post
    OMG how you guys can not understand - it is NOT gold selling. Gold selling = creating amounts of gold from nowhere, this wont ruin economy at all - imagine that you got this pet in loot and sold it. This is simple way to get some gold for people who prefer to spent 10$ instead of 10hours farming.
    How can you create a gold out from nowhere? Can you please enlighten me because i would love to do so
    To sell gold you have to get it from somewhere - farm, sell loot etc etc. You can't just magically hack wow and create 100k gold in your account out of thin air. This pet is precisely what it is - legalized gold selling.
    Plus (to be honest) more nicer way to gift pets to your wow friends on their birthdays and other ocassions.
    A lot nicer way imo than sending your friend string of code via email.

I don't like its looks, at all.. nor the fact that it is trade-able.But that's me.Not about to start talking on how Bli$$ard should run their shit.

Well i think that sooner or later will take it back, feels more like an experiment and the community's response should be massive and negative to block any similar future movement from Blizzard's side.

It's essentially a way to sell gold, you just let the players decide the gold/$€ instead of setting one by yourself.
    Lame in my opinion, this kind of moves would bring no benefit.
    Last edited by Keosen; 2011-10-11 at 06:24 AM.

What's wrong with buying gold? It's already everywhere and easy, just use one of hundreds gold sellers. All Blizzard does is turn this cash to them, not allowing third parties get profit from their game. I better pay money to Blizzard than to some unknown criminals. And, again, gold selling is already available and there's no risk being banned for buying gold. Nothing new for game, just legalizing dark market and potentially killing gold sellers. Both are great things.

I quite like this idea. I'm pretty poor with gold ingame just because I cba to farm stuff or camp AH. I'll buy one of these for myself for sure, but probable one for AH aswell

Quote Originally Posted by deviancee View Post
    2011/10/10Blizzard announces official gold selling
    Nope.. You could "buy gold" like that since they made TCG items tradeable.. Don't see anyone crying over that >.<
    It's actually better than TCG items - there players can sell other players codes for real money - actually making money on the wow items. Here you can earn some gold..
    For me - just another thing in store, nothing really new, we can move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Selkhet View Post
    I don't think that many people are willing to spend gold on a vanity pet.
    You would be surprised, i know people that collect them and are willing to pay tenths of thousands of gold for a pet.

i5-3570k @ 4.4GHz|8GB DDR3 1600MHz|EVGA GTX 670 FTW x2 SLI|Samsung 830 128GB SSD

The Patient
    My guess that since this pet is not rare (unlimited supply) and not BoA after the initially week they will sell quiet low - epecting 200 - 500gp. Hence people wanting to purchase 20k or 100k gold will still use gold farming sites