Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ...
27
35
36
37
  1. #721
    Quote Originally Posted by Idoru View Post
    Blizzard can't stop the illegal gold sellers. If you claim otherwise, I'm going to call you naive.

    So, they are offering a secure way for people to do what they are already doing. By doing this they will (most likely) have to use less resources on restoring compromised accounts, since (most likely) fewer people will be tempted to use illegal services.

    I know some of you will say "F the gold buyers", but Blizzard can't do that...... No, they can't!



    The market for this pet will be limited, even with the one character limitation. So we won't have hundreds of people making thousands of gold.

    I know your reply will be "but this is just the first step". And you may be right. But here's the thing..... Majority rule! This is what people want.

    You may not agree with it. You may not like it. But that is how it works!

    So, you have two options.

    1. Keep complaining, which won't change anything as long as enough people are willing to spend real money.
    2. Let your wallet do the talking.
    They can't stop it but they did and I guess still do try to. People get banned for buying gold. If they won't get banned more people will do it. It's pretty simple.
    I've had a guildmember/friend in TBC that was banned because he bought a small amount of gold years ago. If you hear that you don't think of buying gold ever again.

    And you are naive for thinking that "the majority" wants this. Blizzard wants this because they want to make money. The majority also wants to be able to kill Ragnaros HC but that would mean Blizzard would lose money in subs if everyone would be able to do it.
    Besides how do you know if it's the majority?

    I am not complaining, I am discussing. And I really don't care because I don't play anymore. I am just here for the sake of discussing and my interests (of what path WoW is going/games in general). I am not discussing to make Blizzard change things. I am not even discussing it with Blizzard and I am not even on their official forum.
    Obviously it's not going to change when Blizzard is making money of it and as long as they don't get trolled like with the forum real ID thing. If no one had done anything back then they would have implemented it.
    I also don't think a lot of people will complain because the majority has massive amounts of gold and they don't care if new players suffer from this or take advantage from it. And the people who do take advantage of this won't complain either.

    p.s. The "majority" can also be wrong. They will get what they want IF Blizzard agrees but that doesn't mean it's good for the game.

    ---------- Post added 2011-10-13 at 11:42 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Keristrasza View Post
    But that is the thing, its NOT rare nor will it ever be. Do you really believe people who think like you and say "OH LEGAL GOLD BUYING HUZZAH!" Aren't going to jump on this? I don't know about your server but on mine you couldn't take 2 steps without seeing a glitter farting sparkle pony or glow in the dark neon disco lion at every turn. As with every thing found on the blizzard store. Supply and demand, that is what this boils down too... if people are really so dense to believe they are going to "buy legal gold" from blizzard well I feel sorry for them. There is no way that the AH will not be flooded with them, and with each new listing the price drops. To much supply its going to drop dramatically. It "Could" be expensive at first but I do not seriously expect it to hold out for long if at all.
    Doh, there is a limited demand because they are not consumables. You buy it once and you will always have it. That doesn't make it better. If sellers are smart they won't drop prices and buy a good amount of pets from the store so they don't lose real money.

    I also doubt the AH will be flooded. There are a lot of people who don't need gold. Those people will also wait till the people with barely any gold and a lot of real money will put them up.

    I really want to see how this turns out with only one item like this.

  2. #722
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    They can't stop it but they did and I guess still do try to. People get banned for buying gold. If they won't get banned more people will do it. It's pretty simple.
    I've had a guildmember/friend in TBC that was banned because he bought a small amount of gold years ago. If you hear that you don't think of buying gold ever again.
    And we had members who repeatedly, even within the last year, bought gold even though they knew the risk. And not one of them got banned, or even a warning. Knowing "someone" doesn't prove anything.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    And you are naive for thinking that "the majority" wants this. Blizzard wants this because they want to make money. The majority also wants to be able to kill Ragnaros HC but that would mean Blizzard would lose money in subs if everyone would be able to do it.
    Besides how do you know if it's the majority?
    Common sense, and a broader view on what's going on in the gaming business. Blizzard aren't the only ones doing this. If people didn't want this then it wouldn't be profitable to do it.
    When I say that people "want" I don't mean that they have been asking for it. But they are willing to pay, which is all that matters.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    Blizzard wants this because they want to make money.
    By that logic we should have had epics for cash a long time ago. I can't think of anything that would make more money.

  3. #723
    The Patient Poinen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    286
    Quote Originally Posted by ssviolett View Post
    OMG how you guys can not understand - it is NOT gold selling. Gold selling = creating amounts of gold from nowhere, this wont ruin economy at all - imagine that you got this pet in loot and sold it. This is simple way to get some gold for people who prefer to spent 10$ instead of 10hours farming.

    With your logic the "gold spammers" in tradechat does not sell gold either. They didn't create the gold, they farmed it, stole it or by being smart using Ah.


    Pater! In manus tuas committo spiritum meum!

  4. #724
    Quote Originally Posted by Poinen View Post
    With your logic the "gold spammers" in tradechat does not sell gold either. They didn't create the gold, they farmed it, stole it or by being smart using Ah.
    And by any logic Blizzard can't be gold sellers because 1) they don't steal gold from players, and 2) they don't magically spawn gold when ever someone buys this pet.

  5. #725
    Quote Originally Posted by Idoru View Post
    And by any logic Blizzard can't be gold sellers because 1) they don't steal gold from players, and 2) they don't magically spawn gold when ever someone buys this pet.
    It is a misnomer that gold sellers "steal" gold. Quite often they use farmers to sell to them, so they can jack the price up in real world money a little and sell it back. Or they use the in game rules to make gold the "legal" way.

    Actually, if this pet has a vendor value of anything, they are magically spawning the capability of magically appearing gold. Would be cost effective to buy 10,000 of these to buy 100g at vendor value? No, but, IF it vendors, they are magically spawning currency.

  6. #726
    And hence we have 37 pages of QQ'ing about "if...."

  7. #727
    Quote Originally Posted by Idoru View Post
    And we had members who repeatedly, even within the last year, bought gold even though they knew the risk. And not one of them got banned, or even a warning. Knowing "someone" doesn't prove anything.
    My point still stands. When there is no risk at all more people will do it. When there is a risk less people will do it.

    I also did not use "knowing someone" as proof. I used it as an example.

    Common sense, and a broader view on what's going on in the gaming business. Blizzard aren't the only ones doing this. If people didn't want this then it wouldn't be profitable to do it.
    When I say that people "want" I don't mean that they have been asking for it. But they are willing to pay, which is all that matters.
    Because people want it and they can make profit with it doesn't mean they are the majority. It also doesn't mean that it's the best thing for the game like I already explained. It's better for Blizzard but maybe not for the game itself or for the consumers. It doesn't matter if people want it or if people pay for it.

    Also, "common sense" and "a broader view". That's all you got?

    By that logic we should have had epics for cash a long time ago. I can't think of anything that would make more money.
    Uhm no, because that would make people play less and they would lose subs.

    And by your logic, if the majority of the people wants something it's good to implement it, everyone would have killed Ragnaros HC by now. That doesn't make it a good thing for the game, for Blizzard and their profit.

    We will see what happens.
    Last edited by Gilian; 2011-10-14 at 09:47 AM.

  8. #728
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    Uhm no, because that would make people play less and they would lose subs.
    Ah, I was hoping for this one.....

    Then why do we have to go through this every single time Blizzard adds a premium feature ?

    If Blizzard knows where the line is why do we have 37 pages of "THEY CROSSED DA LINE!!!!!" and "Next thing will be epics for cash, just wait and see!" ?

    P.S.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    It also doesn't mean that it's the best thing for the game like I already explained.
    I never claimed it was "the best thing", I'm saying that it isn't a bad thing.
    Last edited by Idoru; 2011-10-14 at 10:14 AM.

  9. #729
    Quote Originally Posted by Idoru View Post
    Ah, I was hoping for this one.....

    Then why do we have to go through this every single time Blizzard adds a premium feature ?

    If Blizzard knows where the line is why do we have 37 pages of "THEY CROSSED DA LINE!!!!!" and "Next thing will be epics for cash, just wait and see!" ?

    P.S.



    I never claimed it was "the best thing", I'm saying that it isn't a bad thing.
    Yeah, How can Blizzard selling gold and therefore epics for cash be a bad thing?

  10. #730
    It's not, because they are not.

  11. #731
    Quote Originally Posted by Idoru View Post
    It's not, because they are not.
    Really? why are they selling the pet BOE when it should be BOA?

    Im curious, do you think people using thier wealth to gain an in game advantage is fair?

  12. #732
    Quote Originally Posted by Attsey View Post
    Really? why are they selling the pet BOE when it should be BOA?
    So you admit they are selling a pet, and not gold. Good.

    Quote Originally Posted by Attsey View Post
    Im curious, do you think people using thier wealth to gain an in game advantage is fair?
    People have been doing that for years. Remember the TCG?

    It's really funny to see people rage about this pet, and then say that it can't be compared to the TCG, because the cards are rare.
    Seems like when it's just a few "people using thier wealth to gain an in game advantage" it's OK.... How is that fair?

  13. #733
    Quote Originally Posted by Idoru View Post
    So you admit they are selling a pet, and not gold. Good.


    People have been doing that for years. Remember the TCG?

    It's really funny to see people rage about this pet, and then say that it can't be compared to the TCG, because the cards are rare.
    Seems like when it's just a few "people using thier wealth to gain an in game advantage" it's OK.... How is that fair?
    You seem incapable of making any leap of logic.

    Blizzard are allowing someone to buy something that they dont want and will therefore sell for ingame gold. They accept this will happen and are therefore allowing people to buy gold. Judging by their comments they think it will have a high enough in game price to make it worthwhile.

    There is no other reasonable explaination for it being BoE.

    Do suggest this compares to the TCG lottery beggars belief.

    I think people using wealth to gain an in game advantage is unfair and I dont think that Blizzard should allow such an easy way for it to happen.

    You seem to think its ok - that is something I simply cannot understand.

  14. #734
    Quote Originally Posted by Attsey View Post
    You seem incapable of making any leap of logic.

    Blizzard are allowing someone to buy something that they dont want and will therefore sell for ingame gold. They accept this will happen and are therefore allowing people to buy gold. Judging by their comments they think it will have a high enough in game price to make it worthwhile.
    Blizzard is not selling gold. Period.
    Quote Originally Posted by Attsey View Post
    There is no other reasonable explaination for it being BoE.
    Except the one they already gave you. You obviously do no agree with it, but they did give you an explanation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Attsey View Post
    Do suggest this compares to the TCG lottery beggars belief.
    TCG cards are sold for cash on eBay and other sites. People buy cards (with cash). People redeem BoE items (these BoE items were obtained with cash, remember?). People sell BoE items in-game, for gold. This has been going on for years. So, people have been "using wealth to gain an in game advantage" for years.

    By what kind of logic is that not the same as this pet?

    Where's your outrage against this?

    Quote Originally Posted by Attsey View Post
    I think people using wealth to gain an in game advantage is unfair and I dont think that Blizzard should allow such an easy way for it to happen.

    You seem to think its ok - that is something I simply cannot understand.
    Well, I don't think this will result in any noticable advantages.

  15. #735
    Oh dear 10$ for one pet for one toon very expensive for someone who likes to collect them on all toons. Making the transfer between R/L money into game money is not a good idea. I understand illegal dodgy gold selling is a serious problem and despicable to Boot as its probably come from a hacked account but with all the resources at Blizzards disposal I would expect a better solution than to adopt a stance of "if you cant beat them join them" Do blizzard seriously expect this to solve the problem........ This is one pet I wont have at either price nor any future ones offered like this.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •