Page 1 of 18
... LastLast

Statistics: Firelands Changes Impact, Pumpkin Carving Contest, Fan Art

Firelands Changes Impact
    Blizzard made major changes to Firelands a few times during Patch 4.2 (July 26th and Sept. 20th) to allow more players to see the Firelands content. We take a look at just how many more players were able to down Heroic Ragnaros and clear Normal Firelands. Data was looked at for over 2.7 million level 85 characters, most of them being in the US.

Class balance for characters with the Heroic Ragnaros achievement was also graphed. The Heroic Firelands Boss Kill Ease graph displays the percentage of characters that have killed each boss, provided they have killed at least one of the Heroic Firelands bosses.

Don't see a chart? Enable javascript!

2011 Halloween Pumpkin Carving Contest
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    The Halloween season has finally arrived, and we’re ready to cut straight to the heart of the holiday. If you’re dying to pick up a knife and hack, gash, slash, and jab at something, then you might be excited to hear that as of October 11, Blizzard’s 2011 Halloween Pumpkin Carving Contest has officially begun! Unleash your magical axes, psi blades, chitinous claws, and other creative cutlery to carve up Blizzard-themed jack-o’-lanterns of epic awesomeness. If you’re unclear as to what epic awesomeness looks like in the flesh, you can check out last year’s winners for some inspiration.

We’ll choose ten of the grandest Cucurbita to earn a delightful prize package consisting of:

• Marauder StarCraft II Gaming Keyboard
    • Banshee StarCraft II Gaming Headset
    • Spectre StarCraft II Gaming Mouse
    • StarCraft II Zerg Edition Messenger Bag

Don’t delay, start carving right away! The ninth annual pumpkin carving contest ends on October 25, so be sure to check out the contest page for rules and eligibility and get straight to slicing.

Fan Art Update
    The World of Warcraft Fan Art Section has been updated with five new pieces of fan artwork set within the Warcraft universe.

Cool story bro

Infracted. Please actually read the forum guidelines.
    Last edited by Elysia; 2011-10-13 at 05:19 AM.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Good to see that more people got to clear/kill more heroic bosses before the changes.

Just shows that Rag heroic needs more nerfs, probably when 4.3 is released, not that many people will bother to go back just to kill him though. Barely anyone will bother with Firelands since LFR will be released, and will only work with Dragonsoul :S Also Shaman least represented class for Rag Heroic lol

Druid Master race reporting in.

be nice that even with my 367ilvl on 4 of my 85's id be able to get ragnaros. too bad my server is so bad and elitist.need the achieve to do the run, cant get the achieve unless im geared, cant get geared cause no one will take a chance.catch 22

Quote Originally Posted by Ap0calypse View Post
    Just shows that Rag heroic needs more nerfs, probably when 4.3 is released, not that many people will bother to go back just to kill him though. Barely anyone will bother with Firelands since LFR will be released, and will only work with Dragonsoul :S Also Shaman least represented class for Rag Heroic lol
    Rag doesn't need more nerfs, people need to be less terrible at the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by HopOnPop View Post
    Obviously Garrosh would win, it's like a gorilla vs a human... do you know how strong a gorilla is? He'll snap your dick off and throw it in the tall grass. Garrosh = dick-snapper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Sure. When I wake up in the middle of the night with a full tank, I just flip back the curtain and let it flow.

quite a bit of people got rag before the nerf, and even more after.. that's ok i guess..

guack...loll true tho

I love stats. Keep em comin'!

So yea the majority of players don't actually care about raiding. What a surprise.

normal clears was beginning to flatten out but then the nerf kicked in... it was already easy before the nerf so it just shows how bad the playerbase are at the game

Quote Originally Posted by Dominian View Post
    Druid Master race reporting in.
    Not surprising as they are the only class that can fill all 4 slots.
    And they don´t suck now so people like to play them more.

Quote Originally Posted by Ap0calypse View Post
    Just shows that Rag heroic needs more nerfs, probably when 4.3 is released, not that many people will bother to go back just to kill him though.
    We'll all have superior gear, so in effect it will be 'nerfed' purely by having a new tier.

Mind you, some people failed in Ulduar even with Icecrown gear. But then that place was extremely well tuned (and by that I mean ball breakingly difficult).

Quote Originally Posted by rockdontroll View Post
    normal clears was beginning to flatten out but then the nerf kicked in... it was already easy before the nerf so it just shows how bad the playerbase are at the game
    lol so they should make this stuff harder when barely 1000 people in the world have a kill in a game played by over 10 million people.

This just proves that Blizz needs to severely nerf Heroic modes. Less then 3000 players are doing this? That is just wrong. Why are they making content for such a low percentage of players? Even normal modes, this is just hilarious.

So let's see hum:

Normal Fireland: 135k / 2,7m =5%
    Heroic Fireland: 2400/2700000 = 0,08 %

I like how content post nerf was cleaned by only a 5,08% of the tested population post epic nerf. One word: scary....Hopefully we will be around 10% for normal mode by december.

It looks like you've more chance to get Rivendale charger mount than killing H.Rag even after nerf. Funny

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathiest View Post
    So yea the majority of players don't actually care about raiding. What a surprise.
    It's that they can't do it not they don't care. Bad players outweigh the good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it any surprise that druid is the highest for Rag? Their knockback is absolutely crucial for the sons.
    Kind of why vigilantism isn't a policy to be proud of. It's rather like trying to solve a rat problem by beating them to death with a live cobra.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I want a festergut costume for halloween too :*(