Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Gold selling, the bane of online gaming, made official. Time to move on.

I'd rather it wasn't tradeable and all my characters got it. Now I have to choose who gets the matching mount and pet :-(

so let me get this straight. you can buy a pet. and sell it on the AH for gold. What happened to not trading real word money for game money?

Some people can not afford the pets from the Pet Store, but can get them from the AH. The issues will be those that post them up for 15,000g plus on the AH cause they spend $50.00 to get a bunch of them and take advantage of the first few hours.

Interesting. In a way that's in-direct gold buying surely?

Buying gold has finally reached WoW.

LOL, looks like their coffers are getting below the 1 billion mark, time to rake in some more noob cash. Pathetic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Danm cute pet. But i have putten way to much gold on thoose pets. NOW I WILL GET THOOSE GOLD BACK AGIAN.

At this point they may as well just sell the gold themselves. I smell real money auction house coming next expansion.

Huh... if they're going to be this obvious about it, why not just drop the pretense and directly sell gold? At least then the 10 dollars give a flat amount of gold rather than gambling on AH prices.

Also. This isn't any different than getting loot cards from the TCG, and selling the item codes either...

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Q: Could I put the Guardian Cub up on the auction house to try to make some gold if I wanted to? While our goal is to offer players alternative ways to add a Pet Store pet to their collection, we’re ok with it if some players choose to use the Guardian Cub as a safe and secure way to try to acquire a little extra in-game gold without turning to third-party gold-selling services. However, please keep in mind that there's never any guarantee that someone will purchase what you put up for sale in the auction house, or how much they'll pay for it. Also, it’s important to note that we take a firm stance against buying gold from outside sources because in most cases, the gold these companies offer has been stolen from compromised accounts. (You can read more about our stance here.) While some players might be able to acquire some extra gold by putting the Guardian Cub in the auction house, that’s preferable to players contributing to the gold-selling “black market” and account theft.
    Emphasis mine. I think Blizzard has realized that they've lost the gold selling war and are trying to capitalize on it instead of fighting it. This is hardly as shocking an announcement as it once would have been thanks to the D3 AH. Programs like this have worked out fairly well for games like Eve...maybe someday you'll be able to get game time from gold (a la Eve)?

With this, gold selling is now legal.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL OMG. Legal GOLD selling? Blizzard my boy, you've done it this time. Have fun with declining subs.

Quote Originally Posted by Politta View Post
    Another way to sell gold?
    Looks like that to me. I wonder what the gold cost will settle out at.

Deleted
    It was only a matter of time before this bullshit reached WoW... Remember they announced that it would happen with Diablo III a while ago...

2011/10/10Blizzard announces official gold selling

It's like they're begging for goldsellers to get some action... good job there.

Quote Originally Posted by dotSeed View Post
    Isn't $10 a little excessive for a single use pet? The others apply to all characters, include future ones, right?
    This is exactly what I was thinking...it should be cheaper if it's only for one character =/

Lol Blizzard, milking the mindless masses for all they're worth.

It's only a matter of time before they are fully a P2P game with Cash Shop features