Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Just a lot of worthless complaining in the long run over something that has already been done time and time again via the mounts/pets from the TCG. People are basically just flipping shit over old news, the only difference being that these are not a random chance item that you have to hope to get from a pack of cards, or buy on ebay, they are available for direct sale, and rather cheap. To people thinking that they'll break the AH though, I highly doubt it. End of the day it's not -that- cute of a pet, and people thinking something that is readily available from the Blizzard Store will sell for as much as the TCG stuff, borders on insanity. The biggest punch in the face will come when thousands of people actually buy this pet expecting it to sell for thousands, then happily jumping in game to discover that there are like 500 of them on any given AH. The only real issue I personally have with this pet is that they're making it single use(?) and the excuse they're giving for that is that you can 'give it to your friends'. You could do that with the old pets too, you just had to give them the redemption code and they'd get it for all of their characters. Sincerely hoping they do something to make it account bound once you give it away. Like an account bound pet that's in a gift bag you can give away... something to that effect.

This has been proven time and time again, over countless other types of web-games and some korean MMOs, that the fastest and the most effective way for an established game to crash and burn is to introduce real currency to the equation as to how players interact with one another, the most notorious of which would involve real money used to directly improve one's stat or gear that would give them tangible benefits over other players. Blizz has not yet taken that last step but this is certainly a start. For those who say Bliiz are never going to sell epic items for cash, well, bring me a solid proof that they never will. Then I will believe you. Otherwise, the rest of us will assume this to be the beginning of the end. Sad.

Blizzard taking the first step towards gold-selling.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    still waiting on our Diablo-esque auction house where we can buy items for real money. >.> it's clearly inevitable at this point.
    Precisely. And the Kool-Aid drinkers still will have you believe otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by zeock View Post
    This has been proven time and time again, over countless other types of web-games and some korean MMOs, that the fastest and the most effective way for an established game to crash and burn is to introduce real currency to the equation as to how players interact with one another, the most notorious of which would involve real money used to directly improve one's stat or gear that would give them tangible benefits over other players. Blizz has not yet taken that last step but this is certainly a start. For those who say Bliiz are never going to sell epic items for cash, well, bring me a solid proof that they never will. Then I will believe you. Otherwise, the rest of us will assume this to be the beginning of the end. Sad.
    Guild Wars allowed you to unlock all of your character's skills via the online store, effectively giving them a direct advantage over other players. This did not cause the game to crash and burn.

Just a lot of worthless complaining in the long run over something that has already been done time and time again via the mounts/pets from the TCG. People are basically just flipping shit over old news, the only difference being that these are not a random chance item that you have to hope to get from a pack of cards, or buy on ebay, they are available for direct sale, and rather cheap. To people thinking that they'll break the AH though, I highly doubt it. End of the day it's not -that- cute of a pet, and people thinking something that is readily available from the Blizzard Store will sell for as much as the TCG stuff, borders on insanity. The biggest punch in the face will come when thousands of people actually buy this pet expecting it to sell for thousands, then happily jumping in game to discover that there are like 500 of them on any given AH. These are -not- going to sell for 20k. If you manage to get someone to buy one for that, grats but realistically can't see them going for that much when the supply will likely be much higher than the demand. The only real issue I personally have with this pet is that they're making it single use(?) and the excuse they're giving for that is that you can 'give it to your friends'. You could do that with the old pets too, you just had to give them the redemption code and they'd get it for all of their characters. Sincerely hoping they do something to make it account bound once you give it away. Like an account bound pet that's in a gift bag you can give away... something to that effect.

These pets are utterly useless. It is stupid to think they will have large market.Also, more than half of WoW population do not use expensive credit/debit cards which allow online trade. They could not buy anything in store so far.

And so it begins...?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahhh, good ol' money hungry Blizzard. Will they stop trying to steal more money from everyone? Not like WoW has long left anyway.

Loot cards and this aren't the same thing. Loot cards are a random, not promised. I see people selling game time for gold, loot cards, etc but this isn't the same. Blizzard is selling the item in which you can get gold from, the only thing is is it's not saying you're getting X amount of gold from it. It only worth what the masses are willing to give you in return. Which is what gold selling is. Gold prices change from server to server on gold selling sites. I was taking a break until 4.3 but this seals the deal. Goodbye.

Quote Originally Posted by Zayth View Post
    Ahhh, good ol' money hungry Blizzard. Will they stop trying to steal more money from everyone? Not like WoW has long left anyway.
    Well, I think it is pretty bad idea to sell shitpets to the wowdrones, but I don't think what they are doing it "stealing" money from people.

It took 7 years, but it's looking like it's time to quit if this goes live.

I don't think this is stealing money. It is there for those who want it.

not a big deal really and not a surprise but i still don't like it.

i think i paid blizz too long.. the only thing they are constantly developing is a) shitty fake copied bosses b) pets/mounts/something for real money
    Since the introduction of the Pet Store, many players have been asking for ways to get the companions we offer there without having to spend real-world cash.
    of course the first choice isn't making them FREE (selling it ingame via npc)!

wow, i actually want this to go live just so people can be all in arms like a medieval angry mob (angry and stupid at the same time)

hint: if anything you probably save real life currency now that there is an OPTION to buy it with gold. People really can't think beyond the OMG GOLD=$$ NOWZ ANGRY MUST GO POST JFAJOAWJFFJL;JF;L?

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I won't be buying this.

15+ Year Old Account
    People are really angry over this? I see nothing wrong here.

/slow clapAmusing Blizzard.../slow clapVery amusing. I didn't know your business senses would steep to this level.What's next? Mini-pet Bone Density machines? (+3 if you get the reference...)

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Since the introduction of the Pet Store, many players have been asking for ways to get the companions we offer there without having to spend real-world cash. By making the Guardian Cub tradable (much like the BoE mounts from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game), players interested in the new pet will have fun, alternative in-game ways to get one. In addition to trading the pet, players can give the Guardian Cub as a gift to another character for a special occasion; guild leaders can use them to reward members for a job well done; and so on. We also hope this change will help reduce the number of incidents of scamming via trading for invalid pet codes.
    The load of bullcrap in that paragraph is Hilarious. I wish they wish they would announce things like this straight up and to our face.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."