Thread: Help with dps

Question Help with dps

Okay so ive recently gone back to dw frost as my ms from 2h unholy and for some reason im just not seeing good dps. Any thoughts or help will be greatly appriciated.

Toon: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/caelestrasz/Bacarra/simple

Logs: worldoflogs.com/reports/p0n4lm8zjqd762y2/dashboard/

Your bloodplague uptime is low. Other than that especially domo is maybe not the best boss to draw conclusions from since and I am to lazy to check why but your overall raid dps seems really off.

My blood plage is also usually much lower than frost fever, but not that low.

It looks like you're not abusing HB during cat phases.

And yeah, your overall raid dps is really really low. In 10h, our top dps (myself included) are doing 40-50k+ dps.
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    @Wingwraith: You can haz a point too, but only because you admit you're a tool!

Deleted
    Well it wasnt about his raids DPS now, was it? What do your guys raid-dps have to do with his? Irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    Well it wasnt about his raids DPS now, was it? What do your guys raid-dps have to do with his? Irrelevant.
    It could indicate lack of buffs, poor positioning, poor boss or add management. If his DPS is low and the rest of the raid is fine, he might be the problem. If his dps is low and the rest of the raid is low, he may be doing fine while their strats are not. How his raid performs compared to an average raid is definitely an indicator of other things, thus it is relevant.

i know the raid dps is low, its really from poor positioning. i wouldnt say its the lack of buffs or anything of that nature. plus most the people arent even that geared (sub 378).

i know i posted a crap log but it was the first night i went back to frost. even then i know i should be pulling more than 20-21k with my gear. would blood plague really result in that much of a dps loss? or am i doing something horribly wrong

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyx46 View Post
    i know the raid dps is low, its really from poor positioning. i wouldnt say its the lack of buffs or anything of that nature. plus most the people arent even that geared (sub 378).

i know i posted a crap log but it was the first night i went back to frost. even then i know i should be pulling more than 20-21k with my gear. would blood plague really result in that much of a dps loss? or am i doing something horribly wrong
    Definitely. Blood Plague adds 12.5% damage to your Obliterate, your hardest-hitting ability.

Try using CLC DK addon, pretty sure that will give you higher dps.

Quote Originally Posted by QuizTIC View Post
    Try using CLC DK addon, pretty sure that will give you higher dps.
    I wouldn't recommend this except to someone who had no clue about the priority list Frost follows.

I didn't get super deep into your logs but I noticed a few things:

1) You're OBing diseaseless/one-disease spirits. You'd do more overall damage using FS/rime procs on the spirits and saving your OBs for Domo with 2 diseases up. I can't imagine they're living that long for it to be worth an unholy rune for PS.

2) You're sitting on rime procs for some crazy-long periods of time when a spirit and domo are active.

3) Keep in mind, Merciless Combat increases our special ability damage when a target hits 35%. Smart target switching can help.

You're not doing terribly. There's some people in your raid I would be more worried about.
    Last edited by Projali; 2011-10-11 at 03:16 AM.

Deleted
    What personally struck my eyes is that you used IT 11 times. I dont even have IT (as frost) on my bars atm