View Poll Results: Bad Idea?

Voters
552. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    286 51.81%
  • No

    266 48.19%
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ...
7
15
16
17
18
19
LastLast
  1. #321
    Immortal Maklor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    7,757
    Quote Originally Posted by Khathrok View Post
    Except the entire difference he just explained. stop being dense.
    Stop being an ass, I got what he said but there is so much gold in WoW now that it doesn't make any difference.

  2. #322
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Yeah in theory... in practice there is no difference.
    Yes, there is. If you don't understand it I'm afraid that doesn't make it non-existent, it just means you don't understand it. The difference is there and is important.

  3. #323
    The funny thing is, this wont have an impact in economoy as big as people soloing trash in firelands had, those were thousands of NEW gold introduced in the economy, and many of thoe sgainst this did that without remorse.

  4. #324
    Mechagnome lisavan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    belgium/kortrijk
    Posts
    572
    well i would be ok with it if it was BOA on use and not 1 needed per char

  5. #325
    Legendary! The Glitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Litwak's Arcade Sunny Scotland!
    Posts
    6,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    I don't get why they don't just let people buy gold directly from them instead.. there is no real difference.
    Ofc there is. Just conjuring gold out of thin air to sell will ruin economies.

    Letting people sell an item that is using gold already in the economy is totally different.

  6. #326
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    The funny thing is, this wont have an impact in economoy as big as people soloing trash in firelands had, those were thousands of NEW gold introduced in the economy, and many of thoe sgainst this did that without remorse.
    Sort of. That was pretty much exactly the same as what this pet is doing: transferring the wealth between players. It didn't create new gold then, and it won't with the pet.

    New gold is created from quests and looting mobs/containers. That's all. All other forms of making gold are simply the transfer of gold from one player to the next. This is why buying gold directly from Blizzard would pretty much destroy the economy: it would create a new, highly effective method of creating new gold.

    I mean, think about it. If there are players who are able to amass millions of gold when the only sources of gold creation are looting mobs and quests... Think about how ridiculous the economy would get if you could buy 10k gold directly from Blizzard. Overnight the entire economy would crash and gold would become utterly worthless.

    So this is the closest we'll get to buying gold from Blizzard. Hopefully it will also combat gold sellers, but who knows on that regard.

  7. #327
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    I, er... What? What do you mean?
    Right now I mean that people should really start opening their minds to whats going on by reading through the 17 pages of already explained issues. It is not without reason the poll is so balanced.

    Further elaboration I may be able to help with in 36 hours. There are plenty of people who are wise on this subject. shise and Anjerik for example. That belf is the opposition.

    Seriously. What I said could not be any more clear.
    Last edited by ible; 2011-10-11 at 03:07 PM.
    Soldier: Sir we are surrounded!
    Officer: Excellent! We can attack in all directions.

  8. #328
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    So... name me one "cash shop" game that was run into the ground because of the "cash shop"
    The better question is name me a game with a cash shop that does provide a round about way to make in game gold for real cash or to advance my toon with better gear and weapons with real cash?

    WOW and D3 are those games.


    However, an even better question is will I support a gaming company that thinks that's the right thing to do.

    That answer is no.

  9. #329
    Rich kids now guaranteed to be rich in game.

  10. #330
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    Sort of. That was pretty much exactly the same as what this pet is doing: transferring the wealth between players. It didn't create new gold then, and it won't with the pet.

    New gold is created from quests and looting mobs/containers. That's all. All other forms of making gold are simply the transfer of gold from one player to the next. This is why buying gold directly from Blizzard would pretty much destroy the economy: it would create a new, highly effective method of creating new gold.

    I mean, think about it. If there are players who are able to amass millions of gold when the only sources of gold creation are looting mobs and quests... Think about how ridiculous the economy would get if you could buy 10k gold directly from Blizzard. Overnight the entire economy would crash and gold would become utterly worthless.

    So this is the closest we'll get to buying gold from Blizzard. Hopefully it will also combat gold sellers, but who knows on that regard.
    No its not the same, soling the trash created new gold beside the one earned by selling the items. That was worst.

    Buying gold directly from Blizzard would ruin the economy, this pet thing? No, it wont ruin it more than the trash of firelands already did.

  11. #331
    Blizzard know this is not a good idea but they want to see if they can *get away with it*. They will do so under the guise of it banishing the gold sellers, or at least dimishing their presence/powers but that's just not really true. This seems pretty innocuous but is a pretty major experiment they are launching here. It's the start of a whole new model. Those saying this is the same as TCG trading are seemingly not aware that TCG sales rely on luck and this is a sale that relies on one thing, the buyer having the 10 bucks or whatever.

    I don't really care. I hate pets. If you want to spend $10 on a pet in a game that does sweet FA then I find that hilarious. Of course, this is about gold. There is too much gold in the game, much too much but this is not the answer. Strippers in cages is.

  12. #332
    Quote Originally Posted by ible View Post
    Right now I mean that people should really start opening their minds to whats going on by reading through the 17 pages of already explained issues. It is not without reason the poll is so balanced.

    Further elaboration I may be able to help with in 36 hours. There are plenty of people who are wise on this subject. shise and Anjerik for example. That belf is the opposition.

    Seriously. What I said could not be any more clear.
    Well... I looked through this entire thread. Found no posts by Anjerik, and only 2 posts by Shise. One of which I replied to, and the other was replying to me. His argument boils down to this 'slippery slope' theory, while also ignoring stuff that is actually in game already. He stated that mounts and pets are only random drops or from the pet store now. I gave several examples of where you can get mounts and pets from other sources, thus disputing his claim.

    I've already talked about the 'slippery slope' theory (it's essentially wild conjecture and conspiracy theories at this point, where people are trying to connect the dots but only connecting the dots that support their claims), so what else is there? You really aren't being as clear as you seem to think, so I'd appreciate some clarification.

  13. #333
    Pit Lord Urti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Learnin' Braille, Readin' basketballs.
    Posts
    2,317
    Quote Originally Posted by segoplout View Post
    There is too much gold in the game, much too much but this is not the answer. Strippers in cages is.
    This is a great idea. My troll would totally spend gold on Draenei strippers. Also I would pay quite a hefty sum for a vanity item that lets me summon an actual puntable gnome. Screw Vial of Sands, you want my 10k give me a puntgnome. You could even use the code for the leather balls, and let other players "go long" for a gnome reception.


    For serious Blizz, make this happen.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

  14. #334
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    The better question is name me a game with a cash shop that does provide a round about way to make in game gold for real cash or to advance my toon with better gear and weapons with real cash?

    WOW and D3 are those games.
    It isn't new. It's been possible to purchase gold for real cash in wow for a long time, just because it's not an official service sanctioned by blizzard it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Also blizzard probably doesn't care about it remotely as much as they say, but they have to keep an official "gold selling is BAAAAAD" stance to avoid upsetting their naive playerbase.

  15. #335
    blizz shld make 2 versions of this item (nt re-color, bt selling methods) if this were to happen. 1 being the tradable, and the other being the BoA type. tht way, ppl can choose to:

    1) buy with cash, use them (1 pet per char)
    2) buy with cash, sell for gold (1 pet)
    3) buy with gold, use it (1 pet)

    i'd probably be the 3rd kind of person thou

  16. #336
    its all marketing,the previous pets and mounts experienced high sells at the beginning but logically after a while the sales dropped drastically because most people still aren't ready to spend money on a virtual item for a game they're already paying each month to.

    So there comes the bright idea,introduce again a new pet but this time make it tradable so that people's interest in the pet won't drop as much since now you're not only buying the pet but you're also buying potential gold.

    Of course there must have been one dude that used his brain for a moment and went ''oh wait,aren't we slowly selling gold here'' but quickly realised his superiors didn't give a rat's ass how screwed up their game gets as long as the money flows in.

  17. #337
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    There has been a growing problem where some people in the game have ridiculous amounts of gold, while the majority of the playerbase barely has 1000 gold to their name.
    This problem is a non issue because a) gold is completely available to anyone and everyone on equal footing, as it's only 'created' through in-game effort.. all you have to do is put in said effort, and b) at end game, you need enough gold to cover your repair bills to fully enjoy this game. Get a profession that generates enough cash to offset your enchanting / jc needs, or simply take those up yourself. Or get in a guild where everyone contributes.

    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

    ---------- Post added 2011-10-11 at 12:00 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    The funny thing is, this wont have an impact in economoy as big as people soloing trash in firelands had, those were thousands of NEW gold introduced in the economy, and many of thoe sgainst this did that without remorse.
    Gold only gets introduced in this game via quests / dailies and mob drops. That's it. No matter how much something costs on the AH, if someone purchases it, the gold for it was generated at some point via one of those two ways.

    Having said that, overall the MF dailies chain probably are a significant cause of inflation. (on top of the amount of gold one gets from 80-85)
    Last edited by melodramocracy; 2011-10-11 at 04:01 PM.

  18. #338
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    This problem is a non issue because a) gold is completely available to anyone and everyone on equal footing, as it's only 'created' through in-game effort.. all you have to do is put in said effort, and b) at end game, you need enough gold to cover your repair bills to fully enjoy this game. Get a profession that generates enough cash to offset your enchanting / jc needs, or simply take those up yourself. Or get in a guild where everyone contributes.

    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

    ---------- Post added 2011-10-11 at 12:00 PM ----------



    Gold only gets introduced in this game via quests / dailies and mob drops. That's it. No matter how much something costs on the AH, if someone purchases it, the gold for it was generated at some point via one of those two ways.

    Having said that, overall the MF dailies chain probably are a significant cause of inflation. (on top of the amount of gold one gets from 80-85)
    People earned several k gold in a few hours from the trash money drops while solo farming the trash in firelands, new gold, with a much higher impact on the economy than this which has ZERO impact on economy.

    Also, do you people know that there are people that buy entire accounts with several lvl 85 mounts pets etc, for real money, do you?

    Again, this change has ZERo impact on the game economy, and many of the ones crying about this solo farmed firelands trashs introducing huge chunks of money (new money from trash drops) into the economy, hurting it a lot more than this change.

    Also, do you like to farm gold from mobs and those for hours, money you dont need?? You are hurting the economy more than this.

    If anything this could be a good thing, because it can possibly equal those that work for hours and play little time in the game with those that dont work and lure in the game all day.

  19. #339
    I don't know how many of you have caught this yet, but:


    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    TCG Loot card mounts like the Spectral Tiger have been BoE for a long time now (since patch 3.2), and that was and continues to be well-received, and as far as we've been able to tell hasn't had any adverse impact to the game or economy - despite them selling for sometimes astronomical amounts of gold.

    It’s potentially worth noting that no new gold is being introduced into the game's economy with those mounts or the new Guardian Cub pet.

    Our goal with the Guardian Cub is to provide alternative ways for players who don't want to spend real money to add these pets to their collection. Even though this has been available a while now with the TCG mounts, this is obviously a new kind of way to deliver Pet Store pets, and we're definitely interested to hear your feedback and ultimately see how this will play out.
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...an-cub-dilemma

    Currently, I'm strongly against gold selling or advancement to the game by real world money. However, I am tempted to agree with Vaneras that it won't effect the economy or provide anyone with a significant advantage over others. Especially since, the gold price of these pets will crash if any great number of players attempt to get gold from them.

    Hopefully, the pets will be something they will watch as the blue post suggests. If it does become a significant gold buying method, I expect they'll probably shut it down.

    One thing is certain, they're going to make a huge income in the first week of the sales. There are fools everywhere and they will buy them expecting to sell them for 100k prices, only to find that, when the initial CD expires, the market is flooded and their money has been wasted.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    you're likely wrong, and we don't care anyway.
    Source

  20. #340
    Come back when half the WoW servers have been turned off and their remaining populations have been merged onto the still active servers(and WoW is still the most popular MMO on the market) and we'll discuss how this non-combat pet "killed" the game.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •