Deus Ex: Human Revaloution Story

I just got this game it seems nice but i dont know anything about the story and i dont understand what there talking about, can someone explain to me what happend in the first game

This game is actually a prequel AFAIK...the first game was set like 30 yrs after Human Revolution

Quote Originally Posted by Palapwn View Post
    I just got this game it seems nice but i dont know anything about the story and i dont understand what there talking about, can someone explain to me what happend in the first game
    Despite this story being part of a world previously explored in games, you didn't need to play any of it's predecessors. The game has mentions of things from previous games but only for the followers of the series to notice.

If you don't understand anything that is going on or what they are talking about, perhaps (and I'm saying this nicely) you should be paying more attention, reading emails, newspapers, listening to the conversations etc. The story is self sufficient and you just have to follow it and it alone.

Deleted
    Deus Ex HR utilizes a lot of "indirect" story telling methods to enrich the world. You can still follow the basic plot but just watching the cut-scenes and listening to the dialog but you'll gain a lot more insight by observing the world around you.

Emails, although there are too many to read properly in my opinion, give a fair amount of insight into the world. Then there's obviously the newspapers and TV that update you on developments. I admit there are a few plot-holes here and there since Square Enix was forced to cut corners but there's still enough to tie it all together.

But imo, Half-Life 2 is still the best example of indirect story telling.