10+ Year Old Account

Misdirection macro.

Is there anyway to say a certain thing if your focus exists, the same way that you can with spells?

#showtooltip Misdirection
    /p [@focus,exists,noharm] Misdirection on %f.
    /cast [@focus,exists,noharm][@pet] Misdirection

I figured I'd just copy the spell line, but it just says everything on the line.

I'm pretty sure you can't use conditionals for chat functions. I think you would want to go with a stopmacro line. If won't let me post code yet, as I just recently decided to stop lurking and actually respond but here is what I suggest.

#showtooltip
    /cast (your MD conditionals as you have them)
    /stopmacro (focus does not exists conditional)
    /p (what you want to say)

I'm at work and can't test this, but it should cast your MD as expected then stop the macro if you don't have a focus, otherwise it will announce to party.

Yeah it's kind of the lazy way of doing it but it should work as Tahirii suggested.

Code:
    #showtooltip Misdirection
    /cast [@focus,help,nodead][@pet]Misdirection
    /stopmacro [@focus,help,nodead]
    /p Misdirection on %f.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome thanks guys.

This doesn't quite do as you ask as it is not strictly fuled by any focus, but I feel it works quite well for me:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:alt,target=mouseover,exists][mod:alt] Dismantle;
    /castsequence [mod:shift,target=mouseover,exists][mod:shift] reset=10 Redirect, Kidney Shot; [nomod] Kick
    Keep in mind, this macro is NOT clicker friendly, because its power lies in its mouseover function.

Broken down, this macro will by default, kick.

With alt held down, it will cast dismantle on your present target OR on your mouseover. The mouseover will take precedence so you can disarm pesky CD poppers boxing your ears wile you're trying to finish off your target.

With shift held down, this macro will use redirect the same way it works with Dismantle, but it will also queue Kidney Shot for 10 seconds after using Redirect. This way you can have the option to do a quick mouseover redirect+stun on any jerk trying to bust your balls wile you're busy with someone else.

This is really a compilation macro that I use in which I merged other macros. It's a little complex and it bares the same flaws all mouseovers tend to have, but if you develop the right timing skills, it can be a deadly combination.

I have a good deal other interesting macros I can share if you are perhaps interested in further Rogue Craftery!

Try this instead LinkR, it handles all of the modifiers together.

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /castsequence [mod:shift,@mouseover,harm,nodead][mod:shift]reset=10 Redirect,Kidney Shot;[mod:alt,@mouseover,harm,nodead][mod:alt]Dismantle;Kick

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator