10+ Year Old Account

Can My Computer handle 25man?

Hello.
    Im just joined a 25man guild.and im abit worried that my computer cant handle 25man.

Specc:
    ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series
    AMD Athlon II X4 640
    4.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3

Resolution:
    1902X1080(wide)

So do you think my comptuer handle 25man or not?

Have a nice day!!!
    Last edited by xaniix; 2011-10-11 at 08:43 PM.
    Bli inte glad när många killar springer efter dig, vi springer efter en boll också men sparkar iväg den tillslut'' - Xaniix

Sure, it'll be a bit choppy but it'll run.
    Super casual.

The graphics card is fine for it... the cpu is a bit poor but you should manage.
    I'd recommend turning off shadows (or dropping them to low), which should take some strain off the cpu.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

10+ Year Old Account
    ok thx for the answer!
    Bli inte glad när många killar springer efter dig, vi springer efter en boll också men sparkar iväg den tillslut'' - Xaniix

Deleted
    Yeah, should be able to.
    I run 25 mans on my AMD Athlon 6400+ BE, clocked to 3,2ghz. It's a dual core fyi.

I run 25 man on 2.2 GHz and AtiRadeon that was old 3 years ago.

Deleted
    Perhaps you could write down what resolution you are running and what gfx settings you are expecting...

Also 5700 series dosent tell us very much, please elaborate.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillshaman View Post
    Perhaps you could write down what resolution you are running and what gfx settings you are expecting...

Also 5700 series dosent tell us very much, please elaborate.
    Any of the 5700 series will be fine for 25 mans with Shadows turned off, AA at 2X or 4X and AF at 1x or 2x. The HD5700 series should consist of the HD5750, HD5770, and HD5790.

If you want to see a good performance boost for your FPS you should be able to upgrade from the AMD Athlon II X4 640 to say an AMD Phenom II X4 965BE for a reasonable price. To know for sure though we would need to know the motherboard manufacturer and model.

Downloading a program such as speccy should give you the required info we would need to know for sure.

If you don't mind playing on a small resolution, then it will run fine. But, if you want to run on a resolution higher than let's say 1280x1024 (even that's probably pushing it too far), it will run like crap.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Quote Originally Posted by nwo View Post
    If you don't mind playing on a small resolution, then it will run fine. But, if you want to run on a resolution higher than let's say 1280x1024 (even that's probably pushing it too far), it will run like crap.
    I wouldn't say that... 5770 can run @1080p on ultra with low shadows. The only concern is the cpu which should be fine.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by taekvideo View Post
    I wouldn't say that... 5770 can run @1080p on ultra with low shadows. The only concern is the cpu which should be fine.
    If that 5770 was paired up with an "i" series CPU, then yes, it could probably do that. However, the OP's CPU is significantly lower performance:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/4083/t...2100-tested/20

The average fps posted was practically in a deserted city, without any players around, but at least it gives you a rough estimate of what a huge impact a CPU can have on WoW's fps.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

10+ Year Old Account
    So what for Resolution shall i play on if i dont want any lagg in 25man? Sry but im really bad at Computers

And thx everyone for the help

Turn shadows down and view distance down, maybe both to "fair" setting and make sure that your multisampling and anti alasing are not too high.
    Try first with 1920x1080, if it lags like hell in boss encounters, try 1280x720 for example.. And btw, there is always some lag in 25mans :P
    | Ryzen R7 5800X | Radeon RX 6800 |

10+ Year Old Account
    ok thx everyone