10+ Year Old Account

Estimated Trade in Value

Considering trading in my Xbox 360 Elite with the 250GB HDD and GoW 3 in. How much store credit do you think I could get with trading both those items in, I am also a platinum member at Gamestop so I get a bonus % on my trade in's I think. If you work at gamestop now is your time to shine!

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't work at gamestop but I've done plenty of trade ins and whatnot. I'm going to assume if you're just trading in, no bonus offers or anything youll probably get like a max of $80-90 out of the system, more likely around like $65 since its an older system. GoW3 will get you about $35 I'd assume. So you're looking at about $100 altogether. Maybe a little more if you are trading in peripherals and other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Drashar View Post
    I don't work at gamestop but I've done plenty of trade ins and whatnot. I'm going to assume if you're just trading in, no bonus offers or anything youll probably get like a max of $80-90 out of the system, more likely around like $65 since its an older system. GoW3 will get you about $35 I'd assume. So you're looking at about $100 altogether. Maybe a little more if you are trading in peripherals and other stuff.
    I got 200$ for my xbox

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by imtehrogue View Post
    I got 200$ for my xbox
    Recently? If so, I'm really surprised. Maybe there's regional differences in trade-ins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Drasher the console is the new one, the black and its smaller, also has the 250gb harddrive in it that costs around like 100 bucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muraza View Post
    Drasher the console is the new one, the black and its smaller, also has the 250gb harddrive in it that costs around like 100 bucks.
    Well when you said Elite I assumed it was the older model. You're probably looking at a good 250-300 then depending on what the take the hard drive for.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just went there to buy a headset with cash instead of trade in. I told him I had the new elite console and the HDD, the guy was like, 40 bucks for the console and like 3 bucks for the HDD. I even clarified it is the new SSD 250GB HDD and he said its worth like 3 bucks. I would rather smash it then trade it in.

You get more credit if you trade in at Bestbuy I've heard they give more, and I know you can go online and check the trade in value. So that's my two cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good call on the bestbuy thing, but my mistake all I have the Xbox Slim not Elite. Maybe thats why my shit is worth like nothing. 95 bucks though on Bestbuy for my console.

Deleted
    wouldnt it work out better to sell the console separately then use the money you get for it towards your purchess ? only asking this as the majority of trade in shops tend to rip you off as much as possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just went there to buy a headset with cash instead of trade in. I told him I had the new elite console and the HDD, the guy was like, 40 bucks for the console and like 3 bucks for the HDD. I even clarified it is the new SSD 250GB HDD and he said its worth like 3 bucks. I would rather smash it then trade it in.
    You must have explained it wrong, I'm assuming you didn't tell him you had a Xbox SLIM. You keep saying "elite" and it's throwing everyone off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Riavan View Post
    You must have explained it wrong, I'm assuming you didn't tell him you had a Xbox SLIM. You keep saying "elite" and it's throwing everyone off.
    You are correct, but when I said Elite to him and then said I have a 250 gb SSD for it he shouldve been like oh you mean the slim. I got out of xbox awhile ago so the term slim slipped my mind.

Essentially, the system for "buy back" is always -not- in the customer's favor except for the sake of convenience of time. Their system requires you to get less money than what they can resell it to someone else for in their used market, the lower they quote you, the more profit they can make on turnaround. Excuses of "well in this area its not worth much" are also bunk because they've a large distribution network that allows them to ship it off to another store if its more profitable.

This is -no- different than the college text book schemes by large companies. Follet used to at my undergrad degree school buy back books for a dollar telling students that the book was no longer being used at the school, yet failed to mention that 2 states over a professor at a school that Follet serviced had a demand of 300 of them with a used market sale value of around 35 bucks. Thats at least a 9000 dollar profit marigin for them. Thats why some schools do book swap/sale programs between students to get around this sort of racket.

My advice, sell the stuff yourself if you got the means and the time and you'll get alot more for it that gives you more buying power otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    The trade in was for more of the time saving. Ill just wait and get the headset another time, check didnt clear ty Columbus day!

Dont ever trade anything in to gamestop they rip you off. If your gona sell somthing sell it on craigslist.

I'll buy it off of you.
    Apocalypse, Juggernaut, Engine of War.
    Piercing your chest with pure hate.
    Twisting within the great heart of all things
    Exist only to obliterate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthDonut View Post
    I'll buy it off of you.
    Oh yeah, doesnt come with controllers unless you want a gimped one I threw around. GoW 3 is included, only game I have anymore :l

Oh yeah, doesnt come with controllers unless you want a gimped one I threw around. GoW 3 is included, only game I have anymore :l
    Still probably cheaper than buying a used one from the EB games near my house.
    Apocalypse, Juggernaut, Engine of War.
    Piercing your chest with pure hate.
    Twisting within the great heart of all things
    Exist only to obliterate.

10+ Year Old Account
    More than likely, I am not 100% on selling it yet, I am going back tomorrow to get the headset with money. Ill let you know if I want to really get rid of it though.

You should try to sell it on Craigslist or Ebay if you want to get rid of it. You'll just get ripped off if you try to sell it to Gamestop or Best Buy.