Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I always pick healing classes, even in games where it's mostly solo like Dark Souls, it's a bad habit of mine. So the guardian is absolutely perfect for what I want. It's support, but able to solo as effectively as anyone else. I plan on playing all the professions though since I'm going to play this game till the end of time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelzúl View Post
    I played derv in gw1 =[ going necro(main) guardian and ranger in gw2
    You need to get rid of two of those sigs, since they're too big.

Ive played shaman for 5 years and warrior and hunter alts, im going for Norn Necromancer main , and asura guardian alt.

I played an 85 Paladin, an 83 Warrior and an 85 Shaman in WoW.

What do I want to play in GW2? Guardian, Warrior, Elementalist, Engineer and Thief. I'll have a Norn Guardian as my main.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've always been the type to play every class so I wouldn't really call it branching out...

I do have my favorites mind you...
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Deleted
    Norn Guardian! Always loved the defender type roll (Rolled a paladin) however most likely i'll end up rolling every profession (I like everything i've seen so far)

In wow I played a shadow priest for 5 years then rolled a rogue towards the end of wotlk and loved it. I will probably go thief but I am really liking how the guardian is looking, I will have to try them out before I decide.

I played a druid in WoW for 7 years. And I've played all the roles during that time. And I've always changed around what I've played in other games. I'm still torn on what to pick for GW2 though. I will be a norn male for my first race, but until I get some idea of how the 8th prof plays... I think at the moment it's looking like thief, but that may change.

I've always favored the hybrid types vs the clasic pure archtypes (war mage rogue priest) Started MMO's with asherons call back around 2000 and played a caster that was very durable in melee. Wow my main's been a druid from day one, shelved him a couple times but always returned after a couple months although I've played all the classes at one point or another. While I've tried out pure casters in other games I've rairly stuck to them for long. To be honest I'm torn between guardian and engineer at this point and will probably just flip a coin at launch

Who is John Galt?

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow. Nice to see the thread growing!

As an update I will probably have a Warrior\Ranger Main sort of duo, with my focus leaning heavily towards whichever one I enjoy most. The variety in this game is insane. It's not just 8 classes, it's more like 32+.

10+ Year Old Account
    Favoring some kind of caster, sketchy on the details until I actually get to see more and maybe play some. Tired of melee.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Klazmaunt View Post
    As an update I will probably have a Warrior\Ranger Main sort of duo, with my focus leaning heavily towards whichever one I enjoy most. The variety in this game is insane. It's not just 8 classes, it's more like 32+.
    You mean as a second profession? Because that doesnt exist in GW2.

In GW1, my Necromancer and Dervish made it the farthest before I quit, although I started out on an Elementalist. I played a lot of a Ritualist, too.

In WoW, I played a Druid main and Warrior alt from about 5 months into BC and until 2 months prior to Cataclysm.

I'm not entirely sure what I plan on playing in GW2, but I'm definitely going to be making a Necromancer at some point, just because I loved my GW MM/SS Necromancer. I'm thinking about Guardian as the second priority and then perhaps an Engineer or Elementalist. My Guardian will most certainly be Charr, my Necromancer probably Human, and all the other classes'll be based on a whim

Normally if a Necromancer kind-of class is in the game I will normally almost go for that but for some reason I keep changing my mind about how much I like it in GW 2.

I think I'll either go a ranger or necromancer, then followed at some point by a guardian.

Pretty much. Skelington always like casters the most. Played Necromancer, Ritualist, Mesmer, and Ranger the most in GW1, and Necromancer shall be his class of choice.

Historically, I was always a caster first type of player... But lately, in most games, I tend to go for the melee : )

However, during WoW LK, I had played every spec of every class (up to, and at, 80), and enjoyed each class immensely, though not every spec (disliked shaman healing for example). For Rift, I hit 50 on my rogue and warrior on the same day (Played one with the wife, the other solo - so effectively almost twice as much as her : ).

As for GW2, I don't know what I'll start with, but if the game is fun, Ill end up with everything at max again... I just hope there's a reason to keep playing : )

I also really don't have a good idea on race/class combo's... I like atypical (but don't care about uniqueness, as so many people complain about), so maybe small/weak for the melee chars, and buff (charr/norn?) for the frail casters heh... Though, honestly, in the end, I may just choose the shortest race for most of my chars (and 1 each of the others to read their stories).

-Alamar

I usually play as melee in WoW. However in GW2 I'll be going engineer, just something about being a gunslinger (they can dual wield pistols) and having many gadgets at your disposal is something that just appeals to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    I usually play as melee in WoW. However in GW2 I'll be going engineer, just something about being a gunslinger (they can dual wield pistols) and having many gadgets at your disposal is something that just appeals to me.
    Yay, another for the Iron Legion (or close to)! :P

But yeah, seeing all the goodies (Healing Turret, Elixir Gun, Mines, Grenades, etc) that Engineers makes me giddy to play! Must have GW2 now! D:

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm actually interested to see the Engineer shield skill "Deploy Ballistic Barrier".
    The description is "Deploy a ballistic barrier that intercepts hostile projectiles".

I wonder how long it lasts? Because it seems like a hilarious counter to ranged classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Grugmuc View Post
    Yay, another for the Iron Legion (or close to)! :P

But yeah, seeing all the goodies (Healing Turret, Elixir Gun, Mines, Grenades, etc) that Engineers makes me giddy to play! Must have GW2 now! D:
    I'll most likely be playing as a human. I know I'm so original