Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    I'll most likely be playing as a human. I know I'm so original
    There's no mention of skin or race in the quote, "Great minds think alike."

Have been playing a paladin for 7 years across 3 games, and in games I can't play a paladin I'm playing a warrior, or a holy warrior type class.

FFXI - Paladin
    Wow - Paladin
    Guild Wars - Warrior/Monk

Guild Wars 2 - Since the game seems to be extremely alt friendly, I'll most likely be playing

Norn Guardian
    Sylvari Elementalist
    Human Thief + Ranger
    Charr Warrior
    Asura Engineer

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostrider View Post
    You mean as a second profession? Because that doesnt exist in GW2.
    Yes. I mean as a second character. Switching between both. Probably wasn't clear on that. haha

10+ Year Old Account
    where ever you are when you've just had a long fight against another player, to screw up your day
    Had a paladin as a main ever since TBC came out (had huntard before then) but i tend to always favor the Paladin class in every game, Guardian was a no-brainer for me I Tend to stick to melee classes (have every class to 85 in wow though but i play my paladin most) Casters can be fun for me but melee/protector person is more my nature

I'll play all of them. What will predominantly play? Well that depends on how well the Mesmer comes out.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm so torn between a Ranger, and a Guardian. I have Shaman as my main since BC and now i hsve three 85's. shaman, Hunter, and a Druid..so who know what I pick.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalla View Post
    I'm so torn between a Ranger, and a Guardian. I have Shaman as my main since BC and now i hsve three 85's. shaman, Hunter, and a Druid..so who know what I pick.
    Hard to say, especially with ANet explaining that pet AI is borked right now, so Rangers in alpha are in a bad state. They are working on it and won't let it go live in the state it's in. Personally, having played most classes in wow, but loving my shaman, hunter and mage most, I can say you might enjoy the thematics and flexibility that a guardian offers, but considering we don't know every professions skills yet or even that last profession no need to decide now. And you can always make alts to try new races and professions and see their personal stories.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    Hard to say, especially with ANet explaining that pet AI is borked right now, so Rangers in alpha are in a bad state. They are working on it and won't let it go live in the state it's in. Personally, having played most classes in wow, but loving my shaman, hunter and mage most, I can say you might enjoy the thematics and flexibility that a guardian offers, but considering we don't know every professions skills yet or even that last profession no need to decide now. And you can always make alts to try new races and professions and see their personal stories.
    Oh..well I have to say..I would rather not have a pet at all hahaa I just think..i'm tired of needing a pet too boost my dps on WoW, and I just think a ranger without a pet would be bomb! hehe But I am not making any decisions yet..I played a Mesmer in GW1 just the trial, and I really didn't like it..so if this last profession is a Mesmer..I just don't know if ill bother to play one.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalla View Post
    Oh..well I have to say..I would rather not have a pet at all hahaa I just think..i'm tired of needing a pet too boost my dps on WoW, and I just think a ranger without a pet would be bomb! hehe But I am not making any decisions yet..I played a Mesmer in GW1 just the trial, and I really didn't like it..so if this last profession is a Mesmer..I just don't know if ill bother to play one.
    Want to be ranged with a rifle or longbow and not worry about a pet and don't care about nature too much? Go warrior. Their damage doesn't rely on pets and they can do good ranged damage. Or go thief if you like the aesthetic of a shortbow or dual pistols. I would highly suggest those if you just want to do ranged physical damage and don't want a pet. If you like the hunter theme, one with nature, survival/stalker with a pet by your side then that is definitely a ranger.

Yeah, a ranged warrior is certainly a viable option for you. If you don't want to deal with a pet I'd say a warrior would be your best bet.

GW: Ranger
    CoH: Magic Blaster
    WAR: Witch Elf
    CO: The Blade
    Aion: Assassin
    Rift: Bard
    WoW: Mage, Rogue, Protadin, Prot Warrior, Feral Druid
    GW2: Thief, Elementalist or Ranger(though the list changes when they announce Monk for the last class)

10+ Year Old Account
    Want to be ranged with a rifle or longbow and not worry about a pet and don't care about nature too much? Go warrior. Their damage doesn't rely on pets and they can do good ranged damage. Or go thief if you like the aesthetic of a shortbow or dual pistols. I would highly suggest those if you just want to do ranged physical damage and don't want a pet. If you like the hunter theme, one with nature, survival/stalker with a pet by your side then that is definitely a ranger.
    I thought about a Warrior..hmm..I probably will do a Ranger haha I will just pick a really cool pet and deal with it haha just because I like the name that I picked and I mainly made it for a ranger, so I might as well be a ranger hahah

10+ Year Old Account
    There's also Engineers. We get turrets, Bomb Satchel, Grenade Satchel, rifle, pistols, shields, flamethrower, Tool Kit (not finished), Med Kit (not finished), Elixir Gun (not finished), Mine Kit (not finished) and many awesome utility skills to boot! We're the ultimate ranged class (turrets are not pets, you do not have to really worry about keeping them alive) and when they finish the Tool Kit, we'll finally have melee capabilities I hope, seeing as that's the only thing missing from them (but the flamethrower is close range).

Engineer so far: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/List_of_engineer_skills

Always been a melee class so now i'm trying a ranged class in GW2 - the Engineer! It looks pretty intresting.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grugmuc View Post
    There's also Engineers. We get turrets, Bomb Satchel, Grenade Satchel, rifle, pistols, shields, flamethrower, Tool Kit (not finished), Med Kit (not finished), Elixir Gun (not finished), Mine Kit (not finished) and many awesome utility skills to boot! We're the ultimate ranged class (turrets are not pets, you do not have to really worry about keeping them alive) and when they finish the Tool Kit, we'll finally have melee capabilities I hope, seeing as that's the only thing missing from them (but the flamethrower is close range).

Engineer so far: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/List_of_engineer_skills
    I was thinking if she was going for the more pure archer theme then a warrior or thief might do it. There is no way you can play an engineer well and get that same feeling. You have too many toys to play with to just sit back and shoot someone.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not, I'm usually the tank type, but I'm going Thief. It's ironic because the only class I couldn't get to 70+ in WoW was the Rogue; I found them too boring, yet the Thief looks so fun to play.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    I was thinking if she was going for the more pure archer theme then a warrior or thief might do it. There is no way you can play an engineer well and get that same feeling. You have too many toys to play with to just sit back and shoot someone.
    Well, I'm mainly focusing on the Rifle play. Yes we get a ton of ranged weapons, from short-range to long-range, from single-target to AoE, but that doesn't mean you HAVE to use them. Just like yes, a Warrior doesn't actually HAVE to melee now, but his class is built MORE on melee than ranged.

I guess I read her post as saying "I want to be a ranged class, but with no pet." which screams Engineer. No one's forcing her to use the flamethrower, no one's forcing her to use the bombs, they're just there encase she wants them. But I love the idea of throwing down let's say the Flamethrower Turret, and then using my Rifle to piss them off while they try and kill the turret.

Edit: I know Engineers can't use Bows, but like I said, I was reading more on the "ranged class" bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanni View Post
    Always been a melee class so now i'm trying a ranged class in GW2 - the Engineer! It looks pretty intresting.
    Technically, there will be no 'melee' classes in GW2. Every class will have an option to go ranged DPS.

Warriors will have rifles and longbows
    Thieves will have pistols and shortbows
    Guardians scepters and torches
    Engineers will have Rifles and Pistols
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    Technically, there will be no 'melee' classes in GW2. Every class will have an option to go ranged DPS.

And all of those options are going to be viable in their own way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post

I have yet to see any actual melee weapons for Engineers. WTB my Tool Kit. D: