Thread: 100k HK

Deleted

Question 100k HK

A'ight. So I'm just after the 100k HK-in 3 years so far I've managed to get the 2/3 down of it,so just 33k left to go-thing is I cant really think of THE best place to go for that killing spree. I mean:AV has some terrible games which end with one of the teams just passsing,while capping quick towers,killing drek,awarding less than 30 kills.wsg is just small.AB is just ewww imo for if you're after that ach. IoC-same with AV,just change the word tower with bases and the word drek with the IoC general. EoE-same with AB. WG+TB doesnt seem to reward many either. All of those bgs have their advantages and disadvantages ofc,I'd just like you hear what you guys would suggest not as the best option but just the bit-better-than-the-others one and why.Thx in advance !

Deleted
    I'd say any "defend the base" map would do. Alternatively sitting on defence at AV with enough ppl to actually hold the attack would give good numbers too. If played right you can force the opponents team to spawn in base, you won't be able to make it happen but you can certainly be there when it does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tol Barad every chance you get. AV if you can get people to play D or sit at the choke point. AB and sit at BS to soak up HK's.

Im thinking of starting this proper this college year, I was on 8k when I started about a month and a half ago, and im coming up to 17k now, I think I worked out at 200 hks a night its 500 days work, but im sure ill do it in way less time if I spend half the time I do in instances, in bgs instead

I also recently started rbgs and if you get a terriable team that tends to push your kills up if you use the intercept method on fc games

but besides that just wsg ab and eots seem to be my best ones so far

---------- Post added 2011-10-10 at 10:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by pvtpyro View Post
    Tol Barad every chance you get. AV if you can get people to play D or sit at the choke point. AB and sit at BS to soak up HK's.
    TB I have to dis agree with from my point of view, its utter wank on my server with never more than 20 people playing, hell this reset I believe it was 18 people playing, its just totally not worth the time with us
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

10+ Year Old Account
    Wintergrasp was awesome for this back in the first months of Wrath.
    916 Mistweaver
    909 Holy Paladin

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Hero View Post
    A'ight. So I'm just after the 100k HK-in 3 years so far I've managed to get the 2/3 down of it,so just 33k left to go-thing is I cant really think of THE best place to go for that killing spree. I mean:AV has some terrible games which end with one of the teams just passsing,while capping quick towers,killing drek,awarding less than 30 kills.wsg is just small.AB is just ewww imo for if you're after that ach. IoC-same with AV,just change the word tower with bases and the word drek with the IoC general. EoE-same with AB. WG+TB doesnt seem to reward many either. All of those bgs have their advantages and disadvantages ofc,I'd just like you hear what you guys would suggest not as the best option but just the bit-better-than-the-others one and why.Thx in advance !
    play defense in AV, if you have a good group then you can destroy the opposing force and drive them back, plus it feels like a real war not a sit down and run fest -_-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Hero View Post
    When you're lucky, AV is THE place to grind for honor kills. Last night, my buddy and I did a couple of BGs. Usually we'd queue for WSG because he still needs some 60 flags for his exalted rep there... but he accidentally queued for AV, and we decided to play. So I write in /bg "10-15 men to Balinda, and defend those bunkers, thx", and to my surprise, people actually flocked to Balinda and we threw back the Horde and had a wonderful zergy BG with close to 300 HK within some 20 minutes. It was great fun, and people were writing in /bg how much fun they had had... which is a stark contrast to the AVs that sometimes happen where I also tell people to defend Balinda... and they spam a brainless "rush rush rush"... *sigh*

We fought the Horde back until they spawned at their starting point. It was epic. It was awesome. There's nothing more glorious than to dominate AV simply because a dozen people went to defend Balinda Stonehearth in the first 30 seconds of the BG, seriously. I have never lost an AV when Balinda got some defense at the start.

Oh the times when you get an AV where half the people actually know how to make it fun.

Seriously, who actually thinks that a rushed AV was ever fun?

A 150 - 200 HK WSG is also great, but you need luck with good people who can win a good old-fashioned zergfest in the middle of the map while some random guy goes to grab that flag. When my warlock buddy and I go in there, we try to influence the BG so that we get to farm the Horde at their GY. It works relatively often on good days. The best WSGs are those where your flag carrier is camping the GY as well, stacks rising to 10 and still not going to cap that flag

I'm close to 155.000 HK now, having hit 100k a bit over a year ago, I think... and I haven't exactly grinded HKs in the meantime. I just took what I got from finishing all those BG achievs. Imagine how many kills I could grind in a day with 10 AVs that last for 20 minutes each and yield 200+ HKs each O_O

imo your best bet to get massive HKs is to simply force a turtle in av, then farm them at the bridge. you can grab 200+ hks in a single game when that happens.
    Last edited by meliancill; 2011-10-15 at 06:33 AM.

Deleted
    TB gets my vote, a nice defend can get you a tonne of HK's

Deleted
    I have a lot in Alterac Valley battlegrounds where I have played over 300 ES here. Is simply luck. Of course there are games where there are only 10-20 ES but there needs to be carried.
    Tol Barad is a good chance to win Honorable Kills. Most 150 + per battle on our server.

The guy who got world first every achievement back in WotLK got 1000 HKs a day from AV.