Thread: RAM Issue.

Deleted

Having Issue with some RAM, Assistance required.

I purchased 2x Crucial 2GB, 200-pin SODIMM, DDR2 PC2-5300 in an attempt to upgrade my Dell Inspiron 1520 from the default 2GB. I've upgraded to Win7 but everything else is as it came out of the box. Well maintained and updated, BIOS and all.

However no matter what I do the new RAM doesn't show up, it doesn't register. I've tried both of the 2GB sticks, nothing. One 2GB stick in either port, nothing. One 1GB + One 2GB nothing. Updated my BIOS, nothing. Not sure what else to do. I'm pretty sure the RAM's compatible with my motherboard (I think right?) As I used Crucials online service to figured out what to upgrade to.

It gave me :"http://www.crucial.com/uk/store/mpartspecs.aspx?mtbpoid=E1145BDFA5CA7304"

And I purchased 2x: "http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000F7QRTG" as I have an account with amazon.

Any assistance would be wonderful, thanks in advance.
    Last edited by mmocb01d7c3e3c; 2011-10-11 at 07:15 AM.

Deleted
    download some new ram dude

If you'd like to post constructively, feel free. However, do not post things that are blatantly false, such as "Download new RAM" ~Uggor
    Last edited by Uggorthaholy; 2011-10-10 at 11:32 PM.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like you got some bad RAM?

It seams it was DOA. You need to get it send back and get some new ones.

Deleted
    The link for Crucial gives a part number CT699822
    The link for Crucial on Amazon gives a part number ( look further down in the specs ) CT25664AC667

I cant tell the difference but maybe there is one i cant tell - just adding some small details to your post.

The probable difference is the Amazon item part number is for individual chips whereas the part number on Crucials site is for a matched pair.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnMarshall View Post
    The link for Crucial gives a part number CT699822
    The link for Crucial on Amazon gives a part number ( look further down in the specs ) CT25664AC667

I cant tell the difference but maybe there is one i cant tell - just adding some small details to your post.

The probable difference is the Amazon item part number is for individual chips whereas the part number on Crucials site is for a matched pair.
    Well noticed John, I overlooked that. Not sure at all about that, when searched for individually they bring up there respective pages, i.e the one you linked as well as the ones I linked. I imagine like you said this is in reference to the sites as Amazon + Crucial come up first respectively. I've no actual idea mind, just guessing here at this stage.

It seams it was DOA. You need to get it send back and get some new ones.
    Don't ask me why but both of the RAM sticks I bought we're 3 days apart and were sent out from different Amazon depots, so I think we can rule out the issue being with the RAM? Again, just guessing!

Cheers for the replies already guys!

---------- Post added 2011-10-11 at 01:32 PM ----------

Tried updating the BIOS again just to be sure, still nothing.
    Last edited by mmocb01d7c3e3c; 2011-10-11 at 12:34 AM.