1. #1

    Blizzard and its spell graphics priorities


    I'm still waiting for that new shadow form (or Divine Aegis new spell effect)

  2. #2
    Epic! Iceleaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Santa Destroy
    Posts
    1,566
    You got shadowform and wings to company it. Come on man, we want that shadowbolt to be cooler at least.
    "when women wear makeup they’re basically lying to us"
    Well, I don’t see why women are being blamed if man is stupid enough to really think they have red and gold eyelids.

  3. #3
    It's not a new shadowform, you get Shadowform effects, sans shadowform look from the glyph.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by cristolol View Post
    It's not a new shadowform, you get Shadowform effects, sans shadowform look from the glyph.
    Right, what he said was:

    There is no new shadow form, the glyph lets you look normal, while still gaining the buff from shadowform.


    (But really, who in their right mind wouldn't be in shadowform? it's just that damn awesome)

    I imagine it'll be mainly a PvP glyph for arenas, because it's so easy to tell of the priest is a healer or not

  5. #5
    The ability to toggle the visual effect of shadowform on and off is not from the glyph, it's a baseline function on the PTR. Currently, it's still not possible to learn the glyph, so we don't know what the new shadowform will look like.
    Last edited by kombucha; 2011-10-10 at 10:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament
    You would think that after all these years people would have realized that the people at Blizzard aren't sorcerors and are hindered by technology just like the rest of us mortals.
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcall
    I will never understand why so many people who quit can't just QUIT and move on, and instead feel the need to come tell everyone about it, as if they just won the $100 million jackpot.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandwrong View Post
    Right, what he said was:

    There is no new shadow form, the glyph lets you look normal, while still gaining the buff from shadowform.


    (But really, who in their right mind wouldn't be in shadowform? it's just that damn awesome)

    I imagine it'll be mainly a PvP glyph for arenas, because it's so easy to tell of the priest is a healer or not
    Or you can just look at the buffs
    "Grammar is important. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse & helping your uncle jack off a horse."

  7. #7
    Scarab Lord -Zait-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Supervillain Club: The Dreaming
    Posts
    4,869
    Know one knows what the glyph for shadowform will be yet as it can't be learned. Also I like the new shadowbolt and why not have a new graphic for shadowform? Your time for new spells will eventually come.

  8. #8
    Ummmm, when do PALADINS get new spell effects?

    Holy Shock? Lame.
    Holy Radiance? Sparklyyyyyyy! YAY! Lame.
    Consecration? In dire need of an update
    Crusader Strike?


    The only decent spell animations Paladins have are our Seals, Divine Storm and Light of Dawn. The rest look so basic.

  9. #9
    I don't really think shadowform needs a change. The idea of toggling off is good and will bring a variety. Especially with trans coming into the game, when you're in shadowform you can't REALLY tell what one is wearing, thus people want to show off the gear they've earned. I think they should make the new look have a sort of dark aura/dark aura around your feet and leave your gear untouched. So it would be like a "dark shield/force" around you and an aura pulsing at your feet. That would look pretty sweet, that way you get a cool effect AND people can see your gear.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Vapori View Post
    Ummmm, when do PALADINS get new spell effects?

    Holy Shock? Lame.
    Holy Radiance? Sparklyyyyyyy! YAY! Lame.
    Consecration? In dire need of an update
    Crusader Strike?


    The only decent spell animations Paladins have are our Seals, Divine Storm and Light of Dawn. The rest look so basic.
    Frisbee shield fun anyone?

  11. #11
    Well, give new shadowform i say!

  12. #12
    Can you actually get the new glyph on the PTR, like see it in your glyph window? Or is it just the datamined glyph at this point?

    If it's the later, it may just be something like the Polymorph Bear/Snake glyphs that are in the files but you can't actually use them.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Beav View Post
    Frisbee shield fun anyone?
    Captain America would like a word with you

    OT: I was hoping they would update mind blast as well, but I take what I can get.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •