Valor Cap and Raid Bosses

Hi,

I feel that putting together a raid and downing a relevant boss takes much more effort
    than queueing for a dungeon. I think that if you are capped at 980 Valor from doing
    dungeons, and you enter a raid and down a boss, you should be granted bonus
    Valor points.

The currency menu could looking something like the following:

Valor from Dungeons: 0/980
    Valor from Raids: 0/x (x being the # of bosses in the current tier * Valor per boss)

What is your opinion?
    Last edited by armone; 2011-10-10 at 10:17 PM.

Short answer- No
    Long answer- No, it would require all raiders who wanted to stay competitive to run 7 dungeons per week in addition to raiding.
    Smitus of <Solace>, previously of <SNF>

casuals disagree, players that spend more time in the game or are more hardcore about things generally agree

The only change that needs to be made is to make sure raiders can get valor capped for the week in just the current raid for a full clear. As is for 10m, you cannot cap valor for a full Firelands clear. You still have to do a dungeon or get lucky enough that you can get baradin hold sometime....

I would welcome anything to not have to run those horrible heroic dungeons anymore. I'd rather PuG the T11 raids for VPs than step foot in another 5 man heroic. Some of the T11 raids have actually been faster than some 5 man heroics. It's like grouping with the bottom of the barrel now-a-days.

I wouldn't mind if I reached my VP cap mid raid, the remaining bosses gave JP.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't mind that change, but I don't think that I would ever run a lot of heroics once we got past the initial part of the tier. The major change that I would like to see is to have the cap increased to say 1100 to the point where it only takes two weeks to get the 2200 items. I hate having to wait for that third reset.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    I wouldn't mind that change, but I don't think that I would ever run a lot of heroics once we got past the initial part of the tier. The major change that I would like to see is to have the cap increased to say 1100 to the point where it only takes two weeks to get the 2200 items. I hate having to wait for that third reset.
    Tier will no longer be bought from valor, problem solved.

I agree that they need to up the Valor offered through raid bosses, a full raid clear should cap your valor - BH/Heroics should be used to fill the gaps of missed bosses.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibbz View Post
    Tier will no longer be bought from valor, problem solved.

I agree that they need to up the Valor offered through raid bosses, a full raid clear should cap your valor - BH/Heroics should be used to fill the gaps of missed bosses.
    I realize that, I was just speaking generally about what has been in place for the majority of this expansion. It just sucked having to wait for that third lockout for the higher priced items. Two weeks worth of VP should be the pricing limit on the more expensive ones, imo.