Page 1 of 17
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Orc druids? Maybe just maybe?

Would it make sense in the end...you know how the Earthern Ring is kind of/some what working with the druids in firelands? Could skills be learned during are work?(I'm back =p)
    Shall I be dramatic and say "You haven't heard the last of me,"?

LIFE

(L)ive, (I)nfluence, (F)ight, (E)njoy

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    The Earthen Ring is not doing anything in the Firelands - at all. But I mean if trolls can become druids based upon one of them having a vision from the Raptor Loa... Then yeah sure why not. Honestly, I'd much rather have my druid be an orc over a troll, I'm fairly sure the bear form would be insanely beastly. I mean they are already a shamanistic and spiritual people using various totemic animals, so I don't see why not, Hamuul could easily try and teach them.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I mean yes they could fit it into lore ( i suppose). It just seems....wierd. lol
    For in game purposes one of the alliance races would need a counterpart. Would they then allow human druids?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thornstar View Post
    I mean yes they could fit it into lore ( i suppose). It just seems....wierd. lol
    For in game purposes one of the alliance races would need a counterpart. Would they then allow human druids?
    Probably dwarves. Made of the very soil and such.

Boar form? ^^

no no Dwarf Durid so they can preform all classes.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Philenia View Post
    no no Dwarf Durid so they can preform all classes.
    In that case, I want troll paladins :3

I feel like Draenei druids are far more likely. What, hey! Stop laughing! Here's why:
    1. Draenei were given no new class in Cataclysm. Poor sods...
    2. Draenei began their time in the Alliance through association with Night Elves, and remain closest to them in Alliance society.
    3. There are already Lost One druids in Zangarmarsh, and the Lost Ones are related to the Draenei.
    4. Let's face it. The other options are rogue and warlock. You can't sneak with hooves, mate, and the Draenei hate demons. When you've eliminated all that is possible, invariably, what is impossible must be true.

Deleted
    I think too many orcs are more interested in chopping down trees than hugging them for there to be a real, orcish druid sect! =P
    Last edited by mmocf558c230a5; 2011-10-15 at 11:38 PM. Reason: their=/=there. Durr!

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oneeyedirishman View Post
    I feel like Draenei druids are far more likely. What, hey! Stop laughing! Here's why:
    1. Draenei were given no new class in Cataclysm. Poor sods...
    2. Draenei began their time in the Alliance through association with Night Elves, and remain closest to them in Alliance society.
    3. There are already Lost One druids in Zangarmarsh, and the Lost Ones are related to the Draenei.
    4. Let's face it. The other options are rogue and warlock. You can't sneak with hooves, mate, and the Draenei hate demons. When you've eliminated all that is possible, invariably, what is impossible must be true.
    I'd rather not have blue bears with tentacles... That's just... Too damn wierd.

---------- Post added 2011-10-10 at 10:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Baiyn View Post
    I think too many orcs are more interested in chopping down trees than hugging them for their to be a real, orcish druid sect! =P
    You could also say that too many orcs are more interested in waging wars, then reading large tomes or meditating to commune with the elements. Yet there are both orc shamans, mages and warlocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    That's just... Too damn wierd..

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I'd like orc paladins. People say because of the whole fel taint thing they can't be, but thats a load of tripe, blood elves were fel tainted, and after they stopped using force to obtain the holy light they found they could wield it proper.

Also, another mmo Allods online has orc paladins, known as Reavers, in the game.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oneeyedirishman View Post
    ................. What has been seen... CANNOT BE UNSEEN!

---------- Post added 2011-10-10 at 10:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Personally I'd like orc paladins. People say because of the whole fel taint thing they can't be, but thats a load of tripe, blood elves were fel tainted, and after they stopped using force to obtain the holy light they found they could wield it proper.

Also, another mmo Allods online has orc paladins, known as Reavers, in the game.
    Oh and yes please... Not to mention both Argent Dawn and Argent Crusade has orc members... Obviously the tauren could teach them about "Sunwalking" (derp), I mean it doesn't sound overly complicated "There is the sun, it's one eye of the Earth Mother, worship it"... "Mmmkay".

10+ Year Old Account
    Worgens where once humans...they can be druids...u mean to tell me a human gets bitten by a werewolf and bam....hey I can be a druid

Deleted
    You could also say that too many orcs are more interested in waging wars, then reading large tomes or meditating to commune with the elements. Yet there are both orc shamans, mages and warlocks.
    Meh, most of those orcs (Thrall & the Earthen Ring) are exceptions to the rule. The majority of the orcs originally in the Earthen Ring seem to be Mag'har. It seems like they needed their planet to be blown to smithereens, witness it first-hand and then spend a few decades floating around on one of the few remaining, hospitable chunks of it before they realised they had to actually care about the environment!

And those who then decided to help protect the planets, their ecosystems and denizens, decided to do so through using the power of the elements and communicating with elemental spirits, shamanism, because the practice had been apart of orcish culture for generations (before the demon-induced blood lust almost utterly consumed their ancient culture). The shaman are the only type of orcs I could see who would find the druidic ways appealing but it is very unlikely that they would give up shamanism to become druids.

But, then again, tauren paladins (I refuse to swallow that "sun-druid" line they tried to feed us) are proof that anything can happen with 'race/class lore' now.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nastydeath View Post
    Worgens where once humans...they can be druids...u mean to tell me a human gets bitten by a werewolf and bam....hey I can be a druid
    Yeah, that's so not how it works.

If there are orc druids than it is only fair that there are also.... gnome druids.

Messing around in WoW Model Viewer I stumbled upon the old Horde-bear form with the new bearform textures and came up with

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    You must become a Master Baiter if you want to want to master the One-eyed Fish of the Dark Caverns!

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baiyn View Post
    Meh, most of those orcs (Thrall & the Earthen Ring) are exceptions to the rule. The majority of the orcs originally in the Earthen Ring seem to be Mag'har. It seems like they needed their planet to be blown to smithereens, witness it first-hand and then spend a few decades floating around on one of the few remaining, hospitable chunks of it before they realised they had to actually care about the environment!

And those who then decided to help protect the planets, their ecosystems and denizens, decided to do so through using the power of the elements and communicating with elemental spirits, shamanism, because the practice had been apart of orcish culture for generations (before the demon-induced blood lust almost utterly consumed their ancient culture). The shaman are the only type of orcs I could see who would find the druidic ways appealing but it is very unlikely that they would give up shamanism to become druids.

But, then again, tauren paladins (I refuse to swallow that "sun-druid" line they tried to feed us) are proof that anything can happen with 'race/class lore' now.[/QUOTE]

Which is interesting, since the most crazy and bloodthirsty orcs in the Horde atm are all Mag'har. As for the "Sun-druid" thing, it's no more crap than "Elves that sucked an alien dry" line honestly. Not to mention that the path from Shaman to Druid isn't that strange, they are very much alike.
    Last edited by Venziir; 2011-10-10 at 10:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Earthen Ring is not doing anything in the Firelands - at all. But I mean if trolls can become druids based upon one of them having a vision from the Raptor Loa... Then yeah sure why not. Honestly, I'd much rather have my druid be an orc over a troll, I'm fairly sure the bear form would be insanely beastly. I mean they are already a shamanistic and spiritual people using various totemic animals, so I don't see why not, Hamuul could easily try and teach them.
    I want you to know that worshiping nature and wildlife is not the same thing as revering the forces of nature (elements) and making weapons, armor and rituals from the bones of those animals.