Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    youtube.com/watch?v=609hqaDNuVo

Quote Originally Posted by Filthe View Post
    Someone tested this on the PTR already, seems it doesn´t spread UE FS to other targets after LL.

http://elitistjerks.com/f79/t126436-...2/#post2016967
    I did some testing and that behavior has changed. If you lava lash a target with an "unleashed" flame shock it spreads an "unleashed" flame shock.
    UE -> LL won't change the flame shock nature nor does it consume the buff.
    UE -> FS -> LL spreads an unleashed FS

For people wanting to test the behavior, it is very wonky with the dummies or at least with some of them. Some require you to put them in combat to accept the spread while others it just won't spread to no matter what. Seems to be an issue with how the dummies are coded and the mechanics cc/neutral target avoidance coding. Easiest thing to do is to head up to Hyjal and test on the packs of earth elementals up there as they are grouped and many are tanked so you can test spread range as well.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm wondering about searing totem. I recall that it would attack the target with flame shock.

How confused does it get with 5 flameshocks up?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geni View Post
    I'm wondering about searing totem. I recall that it would attack the target with flame shock.
    How confused does it get with 5 flameshocks up?
    No more than it already does. The AI is pretty consistent;

1. In Combat? If no, deactivate. If yes, go to 2.
    2. Target with owner's Flame Shock or Stormstrike debuff? If no, target and shoot closest, wait a few seconds, repeat 2. If yes, target that target and go to 3.
    3. Shoot debuffed target until target dies.

It doesn't change targets with multiple flame shocks until its current target dies. So it'll pick one based on a combination of debuffs and proximity, and go based on that. If you want it on one target specifically, you'll want to FS/SS that target, drop Searing, and THEN commence AoE.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    No more than it already does. The AI is pretty consistent;

1. In Combat? If no, deactivate. If yes, go to 2.
    2. Target with owner's Flame Shock or Stormstrike debuff? If no, target and shoot closest, wait a few seconds, repeat 2. If yes, target that target and go to 3.
    3. Shoot debuffed target until target dies.

It doesn't change targets with multiple flame shocks until its current target dies. So it'll pick one based on a combination of debuffs and proximity, and go based on that. If you want it on one target specifically, you'll want to FS/SS that target, drop Searing, and THEN commence AoE.
    It seems much better then that on the PTR. It seemed to me (hard to test well because of the fragility of the earth elementals and how wonky it gets with the dummies) that it would start attacking my target when dropped and would stay on that target even when flame shock spread. Swapping to a different target wouldn't get it to swap unless you cast a new flame shock or dropped a new totem. Attacking a target that had flame shock spread to it and dropping a new searing totem had it attacking my target even when the totem was closer to another target that also had flame shock on it (that's when attacking the other target - not just having it targeted across the room - didn't actually test that conditional).

Overall the totem felt much calmer on the PTR.

Deleted
    As for the person asking about whether or not LL will refresh the flame shocks spread it shouldn't really matter because FN refreshes the FS duration right (not sure if I'm right here haven't played in a month)? If that's the case does it refresh the duration of the of the spread FS?

I'm pretty excited right now even though I can't play at the moment hopefully this will be the aoe change shaman have been waiting for! The old mechanic wasn't too bad except for the joke of the ramp up time, but this seems infinitely better if they can get it to work

They took out the part where FN increases duration of FS. It would have been too easy to make wayyy too many active FS in wayyy too short of a time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutella View Post
    As for the person asking about whether or not LL will refresh the flame shocks spread it shouldn't really matter because FN refreshes the FS duration right (not sure if I'm right here haven't played in a month)? If that's the case does it refresh the duration of the of the spread FS?

I'm pretty excited right now even though I can't play at the moment hopefully this will be the aoe change shaman have been waiting for! The old mechanic wasn't too bad except for the joke of the ramp up time, but this seems infinitely better if they can get it to work
    It is what we have been waiting for. Ramp up time only takes like 5 sec and you have 4 FS's ticking and 4 FN's going off at the same time. FN doesn't extend FS duration anymore, but it's easy to refresh every 15 sec or whatever, and now ULE+FN will give some big aoe numbers. Good stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cawHypnos View Post
    youtube.com/watch?v=609hqaDNuVo
    You freaking rock. I don't know how this didn't pop up on any of my Youtube searches before
    “Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." ~Frank Sinatra