1. #1

    massive fps lag?

    hello mmo-c,

    when i play Minecraft i can play fine for like 15mins, then i start getting massive FPS lag, no matter what i am doing, my FPs drops from 100+ down to 0-5, then every few seconds it shoots up to normal again for a second then back down, so its un-playable. i have updated my java and such

    ---------- Post added 2011-10-11 at 01:02 AM ----------

    just to add, if i pause the game, the FPS shoots back up to 100+ sometimes even 200 while paused, then as soon as i return to game, the fps drops again
    Too cool for a signature

  2. #2
    Warchief Vayjir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Stockholm
    Posts
    2,249
    have you tried the ingame settings render distance to lowest graphics to fast and performance to max fps ?
    DA(>^-^)>Dont Click on this. <(^-^<) Steamz Sig&Ava By Elyssia

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Vayjir View Post
    have you tried the ingame settings render distance to lowest graphics to fast and performance to max fps ?
    ok thanks that works, but why do i need to go on lowest settings :\
    Too cool for a signature

  4. #4
    The Lightbringer Dewote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    3,245
    GPU overheating? I mean when I paused with default texture pack my card went to 100% usage and ~80 °C.
    No idea how high the fps was, didn't have anything to show it.
    Fixed it by installing 128x128 HD texturepack.
    Though this is just speculation, and is most likely wrong.
    Have you upgraded your pc recently?
    FC 2793-2016-8218 - Name: Suoma

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    GPU overheating? I mean when I paused with default texture pack my card went to 100% usage and ~80 °C.
    No idea how high the fps was, didn't have anything to show it.
    Fixed it by installing 128x128 HD texturepack.
    Though this is just speculation, and is most likely wrong.
    Have you upgraded your pc recently?
    a few weeks back i upgraded to EVGA 560TI, my only upgrade in 2years, my PC should be able to handle it fine, it never had a problem before :\
    Too cool for a signature

  6. #6
    The Lightbringer Dewote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    3,245
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    a few weeks back i upgraded to EVGA 560TI, my only upgrade in 2years, my PC should be able to handle it fine, it never had a problem before :\
    Oh okay, in that case try this:

    1. Open your nVidia control panel
    2. Select Manage 3D Settings
    3. Select tab Program Settings
    4. Click Add
    5. Navigate to C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin (doesn't matter if it's 64-bit or not, it matches by image name)
    6. Select javaw.exe and click OK
    7. Select javaw.exe in the drop down box
    8. Scroll down to Vertical sync and change it to Force on
    9. Also change Triple buffering to On as this helps vertical sync performance, as Java apparently uses OpenGL (needs citation tbh)
    10. Click Apply

    Minecraft isn't fully optimized yet, so high end GPU's tend to overkill it.
    This will force Vsync for minecraft.
    FC 2793-2016-8218 - Name: Suoma

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    Oh okay, in that case try this:

    1. Open your nVidia control panel
    2. Select Manage 3D Settings
    3. Select tab Program Settings
    4. Click Add
    5. Navigate to C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin (doesn't matter if it's 64-bit or not, it matches by image name)
    6. Select javaw.exe and click OK
    7. Select javaw.exe in the drop down box
    8. Scroll down to Vertical sync and change it to Force on
    9. Also change Triple buffering to On as this helps vertical sync performance, as Java apparently uses OpenGL (needs citation tbh)
    10. Click Apply

    Minecraft isn't fully optimized yet, so high end GPU's tend to overkill it.
    This will force Vsync for minecraft.

    thanks, will try tommorow as i am off to bed now, but i never had the problem when i had my ATI raedon 4870hd, will come back tomorow and say if its worked or not
    Too cool for a signature

  8. #8
    The Lightbringer Dewote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    3,245
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    thanks, will try tommorow as i am off to bed now, but i never had the problem when i had my ATI raedon 4870hd, will come back tomorow and say if its worked or not
    Hopefully it works.
    560 Ti is a lot faster (70%? not that great with math) than 4870.
    Last edited by Dewote; 2011-10-11 at 01:27 AM.
    FC 2793-2016-8218 - Name: Suoma

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    Oh okay, in that case try this:

    1. Open your nVidia control panel
    2. Select Manage 3D Settings
    3. Select tab Program Settings
    4. Click Add
    5. Navigate to C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin (doesn't matter if it's 64-bit or not, it matches by image name)
    6. Select javaw.exe and click OK
    7. Select javaw.exe in the drop down box
    8. Scroll down to Vertical sync and change it to Force on
    9. Also change Triple buffering to On as this helps vertical sync performance, as Java apparently uses OpenGL (needs citation tbh)
    10. Click Apply

    Minecraft isn't fully optimized yet, so high end GPU's tend to overkill it.
    This will force Vsync for minecraft.


    ok done that, still doesnt work :\ after 15mins of play it stats dropping FPS like crazy again
    Too cool for a signature

  10. #10
    Old God Grizzly Willy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Kenosha, Wisconsin
    Posts
    10,204
    Is this in both single and multiplayer? I ask because there are problems with the game, at least that I've found, where running AI-based addons like Millenaire can absolutely kill your performance.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Is this in both single and multiplayer? I ask because there are problems with the game, at least that I've found, where running AI-based addons like Millenaire can absolutely kill your performance.
    yes both, but i am not running any mods or texture packs :\
    Too cool for a signature

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •