Are those counters acurate?

Just went onto the minecraft web page and noticed they now had counters for people registered and people who have bought the game.
    at the moment they have 14 million registered and 3.7 million bought the game...is that acurate???

Deleted
    Most likely

3.7m purchased though is alot of monies!

Quote Originally Posted by Wozarib View Post
    3.7m purchased though is alot of monies!
    Considering for the longest time Notch worked alone thats a LOT of income in a short period of time.

He twittered once, how he used a private jet to go to Las Vegas on some convention

It's amazing how such a simple game grew so big, not surprising how popular it is though.

I remember the first time i played it, was for 8 hours straight haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Wozarib View Post
    I remember the first time i played it, was for 8 hours straight haha.
    "I'll just build myself a house."

8 hours later....

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

10+ Year Old Account
    Notch totally deserves all that money. Awesome game is awesome, and seeing the shitloads of people in the credits on AAA-budget games which are "meh", this is definitely the best Indie game ever.
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

Quote Originally Posted by Szemere View Post
    Notch totally deserves all that money. Awesome game is awesome, and seeing the shitloads of people in the credits on AAA-budget games which are "meh", this is definitely the best Indie game ever.
    Hes also seems to be a really cool guy. Specially the way he tried to handle the Bethesda situation.

Deleted
    Would guess its accurate, MC is Boss!

The registered counter is ticking at a regular rate and the number jumps back when you refresh the page, I doubt that's actually what's happening

hmm... odd I think it's real? And yes, notch does deserve all of that. Cause well.. A game that barely costs nothing. Updates quite often, and tbh there hasn't really been one update I have disliked, he knows what we want!