Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

my evenings entertainment

so i was taking a break from GW1 hardmode when i decided to take a trip to the SWTOR forums just to see what was new and interesting and i came across this thread: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=539643

now maybe it is just me, but i found the posts very entertaining and i read them all up until my post. i just find it fascinating that people can be so closed minded and willfully ignorant.
    Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!!!

Guild Wars 2: Odeezee (Necromancer) || TERA: Odeezee (Archer-Ret) || SWTOR: Odeezee (Sith Inquisitor-Ret/Jedi Sage-Ret) || GW: Odeezee Fosho (Elementalist-Ret)
    Aion: Odeezee (Sorcerer-Ret), ODZ (Spirit Master-Ret) || War
    : Odeezee (Sorcerer-Ret) || AoC: Odeezee (Demonologist-Ret) || WoW: Odeezee (Druid-Ret), Thaone (Mage-Ret)

There all in denial there its pretty obvious. I'm not gonna say what i feel like saying because it makes me no better then them. But some of the comments there are soooo dumb.

the current gaming climate we are in is so divisive but i am still amazed at how people, in light of the facts, still hold on to their disproved "opinions" or stances.

Guild Wars 2: Odeezee (Necromancer) || TERA: Odeezee (Archer-Ret) || SWTOR: Odeezee (Sith Inquisitor-Ret/Jedi Sage-Ret) || GW: Odeezee Fosho (Elementalist-Ret)
    : Odeezee (Sorcerer-Ret) || AoC: Odeezee (Demonologist-Ret) || WoW: Odeezee (Druid-Ret), Thaone (Mage-Ret)

One post I saw on the official Star Wars The Old Republic forums about Guild Wars 2 was so wrong it was like the person just made stuff up for the sake of posting to make Guild Wars 2 look bad.

This thread from the Star Wars The Old Republic forum http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=519961 is a perfect example.

Especially this comment.
    "GW2 BARELY has any actually footage of the game. Most of the footage you see in GW2 are in- game cinematics but not actually game play which leads me to wonder about the game"

sigh
    As for me I plan on enjoying both of these games.
    I always post this on the Star Wars The Old Republic forums when people bash Guild Wars 2
    Last edited by Maleagant; 2011-10-11 at 01:35 AM.

Just giving a heads up, keep the discussion civil and don't bash any games.

OT: I think it's pretty clear from the gaming trends of the past 3-4 years, that while gamers want what's familiar. That's why we see so many carbon copy shooters ect., so many sequels, and so little deviation from the norms. As much as gamers cry about wanting to play new, interesting, original, unique IP's that try something new, they just haven't really seemed to spend the money en-mass to justify creating more risky games.

It will be interesting to see where this goes though.

Star Wars fans don't like to have competition just ask the star trek fans.

Looking at threads like these makes me mad. I need to stop. =(

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Just giving a heads up, keep the discussion civil and don't bash any games.
    the problem i find with statements like these is that saying something, however true, as long as it brings about negative reactions from people either for or against said game then that it is considered bashing a game and i think that makes for a very stale discussion. people can be opposed to each others views but still make constructive and informed arguments. i just don't get why people speak so timidly these days and also why people don't even bother making informed debates /sigh

Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    well for me i can understand why they do it, fear and ignorance drives people to some very silly conclusions. when i read threads like that, alot of times i just kick back and bust out the popcorn.

Listen to TotalBiscuit, he's got the right idea.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Herald of the Titans Mighty Blue Bear's Avatar
    I liked WoodenPotatoes little video.

Quote Originally Posted by Maleagant View Post
    One post I saw on the official Star Wars The Old Republic forums about Guild Wars 2 was so wrong it was like the person just made stuff up for the sake of posting to make Guild Wars 2 look bad.
    Case in point, from OP's thread:

Gw 2 will be a bad game period. succesful ? perhaps, but only because you don't have to pay monthly fee, if you had too then the game would die as fast as rift aion and all those. I don't know why people hype it so much it will have the same design failures that had been around since forever. What bothers me the most ,is that the same people who complain that RPGs are dieing , that everything is turning into simplified dumbed down action rpg /action adventure, are the same that claim that the game will be the best mmo ever. I just don't get it, in fact their ultimate excuse is that the game will be PvP oriented, really? so the game is going to be an action adventure shooter like thing and they don't have a problem with it.

No quest
    No RPG elements
    Enemies will scale with your level, for no real reason braking any immersion
    Gear swapping, for no real reason other than to use macros
    Zones will be phased
    The one with the best build and connection wins every time
    There are no roles, just attack move attack move
    Homogenization, everyone knows that 1 to 3 builds will be the best and will be the most used
    Random events that will be fun for 1 month and then become a pain in the *** as they are pointless, just an addon, nothing long term
    The same grind that every mmo has
    The same endgame every mmo has
    Ugly models, asian like artstyle *it's impossible to determine what the hell most of the monsters are*
    Same problems every other mmo has, massive amounts of mobs doing nothing just walking waiting to be killed, they don't use more than 1 skill spam 1234 etc.

My expectations for tor are pretty low, but claiming GW2 and others mmos will be good games is ridiculous

"If you want to make enemies, try and change something"-Adam Jenson

Haters gonna hate. If they want to hate on one of the few games coming out in any genre except indie games that is actually trying to innovate, that's their prerogative. Just wait until the game releases. Their tune will change.
    Norn Mesmer: GW2
    Rattataki Sniper: SWTOR

WoW what are these SWTOR people smoking ? Not to be mean but....I just didn't expect that their knowledge was soo bad about the game that in comparison I did a double major in GW2 and TOR -ology. But obviously I'm choosing GW2 but really I do not care about what people play but....Wow...that was the most ignorant thread I have ever seen. That is like signing up for cooking class only to realize on the first day its advanced theoretical physics.

I think I need to lay down now..the ignorance...its draining.

Besides, if you look around on the internet, GW2 get much less overall hate than ToR. Massive neutral gaming forums like /v/, Rock Paper Shotgun and /r/gaming dislike Swtor, but praise GW2. It's all about were you look really. So far, the only sites that hate GW2 are Swtor fansites, which is to be expected really.
    Norn Mesmer: GW2
    Rattataki Sniper: SWTOR

Quote Originally Posted by Alatian View Post
    Besides, if you look around on the internet, GW2 get much less overall hate than ToR. Massive neutral gaming forums like /v/, Rock Paper Shotgun and /r/gaming dislike Swtor, but praise GW2. It's all about were you look really. So far, the only sites that hate GW2 are Swtor fansites, which is to be expected really.
    True but I suppose I'm used to, when it comes to video games, hate with at least some sort of reason (i.e. horribly made ).

Quote Originally Posted by Alatian View Post
    "If you want to make enemies, try and change something"-Adam Jenson
    "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."
    -Arthur Schopenhauer

Quote Originally Posted by Maleagant View Post

This thread from the Star Wars The Old Republic forum http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=519961 is a perfect example.

Especially this comment.
    "GW2 BARELY has any actually footage of the game. Most of the footage you see in GW2 are in- game cinematics but not actually game play which leads me to wonder about the game"

sigh
    As for me I plan on enjoying both of these games.
    I always post this on the Star Wars The Old Republic forums when people bash Guild Wars 2
    God damn I love TB Nice video, I'm SOO using this!

Wow, the sheer amount of baseless information and clueless slander in that thread is truly amazing. I am glad none of them are actually interested in GW2. I wouldn't want to play with them. That and the fact they are all about keeping the holy trinity around. Have fun with those wait times trying to get into a...what did they call them...their form of dungeons? Just makes my head hurt to even imagine trying to play a game with any of them.

For what it's worth, that thread has been closed.

As that thread demonstrates, your average forum warrior isn't even interested in getting his facts straight, he just wants to hear himself shout. Have MMO players always been so... partisan? What's up with this obsession with "proving" that some game is THE ONE TRUE GAME and everything else is crap? In particular, what's up with these "hardcore gamers" who are so gaming-illiterate that they can't even conceive of action-based combat and they use "Asian" as an insult?!?

RAWR!!!

OK, rant over. But seriously... folks who play one game exclusively are doing it wrong.

(Edit: that's a great video, the lighting and soft music really make it. )

Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    I made myself stop just after starting the second page. So many ill-informed people in there. I hope some of yall are registered on those forums to drop some knowledge on those fools. (Always wanted to say that!)