Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Imgur vs Imageshack

Encourage people that want to attach pictures to a post, or link to them, to use imgur instead of imageshack. imageshack has popups and takes about 3 clicks to see a picture fullsize. imgur allows people wanting to upload pictures the ability to get the direct link to the image (and not a page) without signing up, and is overall a much easier site to use.
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

You can encourage all you want, but people are going to just use what they prefer using regardless.

10+ Year Old Account
    the problem i have with imageshack is it's slow as piss, takes ages just to connect and download the image

I used to use imageshack, but imgur is much better in basically every way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Papalenin View Post
    I used to use imageshack, but imgur is much better in basically every way.
    shame some of them dosent got that =/

It's just frustrating to see a link in a thread titled "omg look at this!!!11" and after 3-4 clicks you're staring at a small, blurry image you can't read because the defaults on imageshack scale everything down to something absurd like 800x600.
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

ability to get the direct link to the image

rightclick image on the upload summary screen -> view image

BAM instant direct link w/o signing up.

Deleted
    I, also, prefer Imgur. It just has everything I want from an image host.

10+ Year Old Account
    imgur pwns all

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm starting not to trust imageshack they were great but now with all the ad's/pop-ups and so on... I believe I might have gotten a bit of crap on my PC from them. Imgur is defiantly a lot cleaner. Ofcourse that's my opinion anyway.

Imageshack has actually been known to give viruses, specifically directed at WoW accounts, in the past. Arenajunkies (or one of the WoW info sites) actually banned imageshack extensions from being posted, due to the high amount of keyloggers/viruses that were on that site.

We already do suggest people to use Imgur, however, we can't force them.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jsz View Post
    Encourage people that want to attach pictures to a post, or link to them, to use imgur instead of imageshack. imageshack has popups and takes about 3 clicks to see a picture fullsize. imgur allows people wanting to upload pictures the ability to get the direct link to the image (and not a page) without signing up, and is overall a much easier site to use.
    Ultimately Imageshack is more user friendly for those new to posting pictures so you will see it more often. I just recently started uses Imgur.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Signature by Winter Blossom-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

God I can't believe people still use imageshack.

Ultimately Imageshack is more user friendly for those new to posting pictures so you will see it more often. I just recently started uses Imgur.
    I don't see how imageshack is more user friendly than imgur when they both do the same thing, but imgur does it with half of the clicking that imageshack needs.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Imgur is absolutely better in a majority of ways compared to Imageshack. Imgur's the equivilant to Evolution while Shack is creationism.

Infracted; please don't try to start religious/anti-religious wars here.
    Last edited by Sunshine; 2011-10-11 at 03:36 AM.

i always use http://www.n0.se/
    hell knows how i got it, been in my bookmarks for a long time. I'm not even swedish, it works like a charm.

imgur is the best thing ever lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had an imageshack profile but forgot the pw and then after browsing here a bit, I noticed some things were hosted by imgur. Eventually I made a profile there and have loved it since ^.^

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

10+ Year Old Account
    why no use photobucket?