Deleted

shadow dps mind spike

I ave a Question about dps rotation. do i use mind spike anything or just old rotation. VT. SW:P DP MB MF ? i have read the guide on shadowpriest.com so dont link it

10+ Year Old Account
    Use Mind Spike when you feel something is gonna die faster than 20 seconds.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Deleted
    okii so on trash mobs then. 2-3 mind spike ? and dots?

depending on how much hp the trash has, 2 or 3 mind spikes then mind blast, then SWD to finish it off. Either use dots, or use Mind spike, not realy much point using one and then the other.

Deleted
    okej. thanks fr the help

In PvE I only use mind spike for Rag sons or to help finish off a high hp frag on rhyo once my Spark is dead. Very situation as you can tell. The 3-dot mb/mf rotation is the way to go 98% of the time.

Deleted
    Use it as an opener at the start of a fight in combo with trinkets, AA and if your lucky 3x orbs for MB crit its great for getting your dps maxed out from the get go instead of building up.

The rotation; fiend, 2x flay to get AA ready, Spike 3x, 3x dots ( wait for the last spike to apply or it will remove your first dot ), pop AA and trinkets, flay till the spike debuff is about to fall off and mindblast with 90% crit again if your lucky 3x orbs, flow into normal rotation.

The above will pretty much put you on top of dps and damage done for the first 30 seconds though other then the start of a raid boss fight it's hard to gain any benefit from mindspike mid fight.

If you're in epic gear it's a faster way to kill normal leveled mobs when doing dailies. x3 MS/x1MB/SWD = Dead

Deleted
    Yeah, only use it on low health mobs, like questing mobs, or for example mobs on Ragnaros

Another good use for the mind spike x3 + Mind Blast combo is to kill the meteors on H: Alysrazor.

Imo if the target isn't going to die within ~MSx3+MB, I feel it is better to use DOTs+MB (paticularly if you can multi-dot) if you are going to require 2 Mind Blasts to kill the target (ie 6 mind spikes, and 2 MBs), it depends on gear though (haste makes a huge difference). Agreed with others on Rag's non-AOE adds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnïr View Post
    Another good use for the mind spike x3 + Mind Blast combo is to kill the meteors on H: Alysrazor.
    It's better just to use MF as the 50% slow works on them.

Quote Originally Posted by SazoO View Post
    I ave a Question about dps rotation. do i use mind spike anything or just old rotation. VT. SW:P DP MB MF ? i have read the guide on shadowpriest.com so dont link it
    What?

From Shadowpriest.com:

Shadow priests do not really have a "cast rotation". They instead have priority list for which spells need to be cast first. Dot spells must be recast just before they expire in order to increase their up-time during the fight. After dots have been put up, you cast direct target spells until they need refreshing. The priority list is as follows:

1. Vampiric Touch
    2. Devouring Plague
    3. Shadow Word: Pain

4. Shadowfiend
    5. Dark Archangel

6. Shadow Word: Death (under 25%)
    7. Mind Blast
    8. Mind Flay

9. Mind Spike
    10. Mind Sear

Red spells are high priority, high DPC. Orange is mid priority, high DPC. Green spells are dependent on boss percentage. Blue spells are DPS cooldowns that also give you mana. Black spells are situational.

So the idea here is in order to maximize your DPS, you have a priority list of which spells to put up first. Red spells need to be cast as soon as possible, then orange after that. When the boss hits 25% or under, you can start adding Shadow Word: Death as an orange-priority spell. The blue DPS spells need to be used intelligently in order to increase your dps. If mana is not an issue you can use them as soon as possible within the priority list, otherwise use your best judgment.

Bear in mind that only Vampiric Touch and Devouring Plague need to be refreshed by casting, and that Shadow Word: Pain will be refreshed automatically through the talent Pain and Suffering as you cast Mind Flays.

Opening Rotation

Most of the time my opening rotation goes like this:

Code:
    Volcanic Potion
    Shadow Word: Pain
    Shadow Fiend
    Mind Flay x 1.2
    Mind Blast
    Vampiric Touch
    Devouring Plague
    Dark Archangel
    Last edited by Bluesparks75; 2011-10-13 at 08:17 PM.

Deleted
    Use mindspike whenever you need to do singletarget dps during 10-15 seconds and don´t forget to use instant mindblast after 3 spikes

Quote Originally Posted by Aryl View Post
    If you're in epic gear it's a faster way to kill normal leveled mobs when doing dailies. x3 MS/x1MB/SWD = Dead
    This really. It takes 5 global CDs to kill regular mobs at 85 and with the syphon glyph you don't really lose any mana with a SWD kill. You can't match that speed with our dots.