Thread: [TV] Community

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Hate to be a downer, but I didn't really like the first episode. Can't really put my finger on why, just the feeling I had.
    Indeed.

I've seen the first few episodes and I'm still trying to figure out how or why it is so highly rated on IMDB.

I guess I should really give it more time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I thought it was cleverly written. Britta trying to be a psychologist, but being very amateur, gives the idea to Abed to create a "happy place". Abed creates his own sitcom. It works well because Abed stays crazy and has a new crutch, though it seems it won't last. I think that was the only problem with the episode. It was just setting up the rest of the season. Though, as it stands now, they don't have a new class to take. Which is odd.
    Haven't watched the episode yet but... didn't they do the whole bit with Brita trying to psychoanalyze Abed before?

I watched it. It was pretty solid. Not as great as some of the previous episodes, but not bad at all.

I liked how they made fun of their big "competitors" with the laugh track. They also did a cool thing by replacing Pierce to fool people who read gossip (like me >_>). Can't wait for the rest.
    Last edited by Cybran; 2013-02-09 at 11:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Haven't watched the episode yet but... didn't they do the whole bit with Brita trying to psychoanalyze Abed before?
    She's been his unofficial shrink ever since she decided to take up the course.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    I watched it. It was pretty solid. Not as great as some of the previous episodes, but not bad at all.

I liked how they made fun of their big "competitors" with the laugh track. They also did a cool thing by replacing Pierce to fool people who read gossip (like me >_>). Can't wait for the rest.
    Community is well-known for doing things like this. It's like they read, like REALLY read, the internet. Abed is a walking TVTropes website.

Community is well-known for doing things like this. It's like they read, like REALLY read, the internet. Abed is a walking TVTropes website.
    It was Meta.

10+ Year Old Account
    The first episode of season 4 was missing something, it just didn't "feel" right. The inception level of abeds tv show mind really didn't work and the hunger games references were a little too forced.

i hope it hasn't lost its magic..
    Hi

Spoilers about the relationships from season 4, read at your own risk;

Again, SPOILERS;

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/article...lationship.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    The first episode of season 4 was missing something, it just didn't "feel" right. The inception level of abeds tv show mind really didn't work and the hunger games references were a little too forced.

i hope it hasn't lost its magic..
    How can the blatant references of different genres up to this point feel any different from the most recent installment? Inception and the hunger games may be movies, but they don't exactly stray from the format we've seen in the past. Hell, Abed even names himself to the 'role of Han Solo' in the 2nd paintball episode for a Star Wars reference.
    Originally Posted by Daxxarri
    I admit to having a nice diabolic cackle now and then, but it's not like I'm sitting in front of a bank of monitors each filled with an angry forum thread, stroking a siamese cat and telling my henchmen that they've failed me for the last time. (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    I didn't like the first episode of this season at all. Actually surprised by this, I didn't know it was possible to dislike an episode of Community. But, they'll turn it around, one episode isn't ze end of the world!
    I dont get it... Why didn't people like it? No one can seem to point a finger at it. They had everything from movie refferences, to running jokes like "you have blood on your shirt", replacing pierce was a meta jab at the gossip news that said he had quit...

Really dont get why it wasn't recieved well. I think the only difference was this time the pairs werent the usual. (abed + troy, jeff + one of the girls, etc)

I dont get it... Why didn't people like it? No one can seem to point a finger at it.
    Agreed. It did feel a bit off to me for some reason that I can't put my finger on as well (probably just the lack of Dan Harmon)...but It was still better than 90% of stuff on tv, lol. At the end when Jeff says "You smell like the floor of a movie theater" and the Dean says "but not for the usual reason", that might've been the funniest thing he's ever said. Also, I'm totally looking forward to Changnesia, lol

I'm gonna have to watch it again. I didn't give it my full attention when it was on, but something still felt like it was different. I really need to watch it again though.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Hate to be a downer, but I didn't really like the first episode. Can't really put my finger on why, just the feeling I had.
    It was a bit all over the place, didn't like it too much either.

Especially for a season opener, you want those to capture potential new viewers, but I imagine any first time watchers were left hopelessly confused by it.

Still, one of my favorite shows... hopefully things get better.
    I don't hate you. I'm just not necessarily excited about your existence.

15+ Year Old Account
    Episode 2 was very anticlimactic.

Halloween episode was awesome! Too bad it had to be shown on valentine's day. Favorite line of the night: "Ghosts can't go through doors...they're not FIRE". A throwback to when Chang said the exact opposite thing last season. Things like that is why I LOVE this show

10+ Year Old Account
    It bothers me a little that Abed flat out broke the fourth wall, instead of hanging on it or being Genre Savvy to the extreme.

After a weak season opener, this week's episode a lot of fun again.
    I don't hate you. I'm just not necessarily excited about your existence.

Cant watch it at work D:

Watched first 8 minutes and my boss caught me... She will report me now >.<

Cant watch it at work D:

Watched first 8 minutes and my boss caught me... She will report me now >.<
    lunch break?
    otherwise not a good idea.

It bothers me a little that Abed flat out broke the fourth wall, instead of hanging on it or being Genre Savvy to the extreme.
    I kind of liked how he said it(while watching them on security cameras) - its not the first time abed has broken the 4th wall on purpose.

My favorite line(scene) had to be when troy looked in pierce's 'special' workout room, only for him to be oblivious and shirley being totally aware and scared of it. Then the followup of Britta eyes widen to to her retort about a mask without a zipper at the mouth.(Priceless. Lol.) only for troy to be oblivious.

overall a pretty awesome episode
    Originally Posted by Daxxarri
    I admit to having a nice diabolic cackle now and then, but it's not like I'm sitting in front of a bank of monitors each filled with an angry forum thread, stroking a siamese cat and telling my henchmen that they've failed me for the last time. (Source)

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you mean when he said "I remember when this show used to be about a Community college." I didn't take that as breaking the 4th wall. As it has been shown in past episodes, Abed views the world as if he were watching TV. I think he was just suggesting that while watching his friends, he normally saw them at the study group and class.

It was streets ahead of the first episode, but still missing something. It was like they had too many stories at the same time and the ending was flat. Some kind of Deus Ex reveal from no where. It didn't really carry over the "Scooby doo" theme to the end.

Still a really nice episode.