Thread: Magma Geyser

Magma Geyser

Does anyone know if it is possible for pets to trigger the geyser? (eg. Mirror Image, Treant, Shadowfiend etc.)

No, they don't. Only players can trigger the Geyser.

Deleted
    Player only playa

Is it delayed when it hits then? Getting some odd things in WoL: Clicky

I guess the person that triggered it ran out of it and it then hit afterwards? D'oh!

Thanks for the quick responses!

Deleted
    Dont quote me word for word but the tooltip for it says soming like "When Ragnaros notices a cluster? of people (4 in 10man and 10 in 25man) he spawns a geyser on them.

Going by that when 4/10 people stand together he targets them and casts so I guess 2-3 GDCs before he casts it.

One of my guildies made an addon to track who popped the geyser. We tried it a bit in guild for the lolz and it seems to work but I am not sure if he released it. I'll see if he can release it. Should be a nice addon to cause some guild drama.

That sounds fun!!!

I'd love to play around with that if I could get hold of a copy!

Deleted
    It’s pretty easy to find out who spawned it, check skada >> damage taken by spell >> Geyser look for the name that should not be in that group = profit.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm kinda wondering if it's really 10 people in 25 man. Certainly felt like 9 was enough. Not a big deal, since you have 3 people with Deluge, but it's somewhat confusing.

9 would make a LOT more sense judging by our logs...

Quote Originally Posted by T Man View Post
    It’s pretty easy to find out who spawned it, check skada >> damage taken by spell >> Geyser look for the name that should not be in that group = profit.
    It's not really that easy, if you have 2 groups, 1 person from either of those group step in between those 2 groups, the geyser is cast on him and all the people from both groups is gonna take damage from it. How exactly do you single out 1 person from the possibility of 2 full groups of people?

Also, we have had a group of 9 melee a few times where we've gone with a very melee heavy setup and that never spawned a geyser, so 9 is definitely not enough.
    Last edited by Malm; 2011-10-11 at 03:07 PM.

Malm <Apex> @ EU-Al'Akir

Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/malmlive

Does Raggy target them before he casts it? If so then that would make it easy to craft something to say who he targets...(and then give a big /slap!)

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grondath View Post
    9 would make a LOT more sense judging by our logs...
    It's what we went with in the end. Amount of Geysers dropped quite a bit, so I assume Dungeon Journal is wrong.