Poll: The most nerfed class in PVE

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    For those who keep saying ret pally's IT'S A SPEC NOT A CLASS you look at overall. Pally's have received a ton of buffs, and two of their specs are some, if not the best spec in their role (I'm talking about prot and holy). So, out of three specs, pally has one bad one, that does not make them the most nerfed class imo.

Shaman's are the most nerfed class in the game hands down. No contest whatsoever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure that the debate is about most nerfed class, not nerfed spec. So to just mention Ret Paladins is pointless when you consider 1.9 destroyed protadins until TBC rolled around and Holy got whacked to hell at the start of TBC because of Paladin/Warrior 2v2 comps.

And then there's always the 1.1 patch notes that just ruined the entire Paladin concept and left the class being crap for Vanilla. Gogo cleansing buffbots!
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

PVE NERFS? hahaahah oh wow op the shit i find on this site really cracks me up sometimes hahahaa

Quote Originally Posted by Inzightlive View Post
    inb4 everyone voting for their own class
    Actually I voted for the class I quit playing, partially because I didn't feel their playstyle would ever be made to mesh properly with other classes & encounter mechanics. The problem's moved on from cast time versus instant wild growth / circle of healing, but different varieties of the same stuff keep coming up (less efficient, slower and more range issues).

Two expac's later and resto shammies are still broke in pve. Sometimes I hate being right, cos I still do love my shammy
    Last edited by lakhesis; 2011-10-12 at 03:40 PM.

mage mage mage mage mage

Ret Paladins. Hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Vapori View Post
    Ret Paladins. Hands down.
    Actually, no.

Historically it's either Shamans or Warriors

But im gonna vote for Shamans

Warriors are nerfed every expansion(at least up until Cataclysm) becouse of the way they scale so they still stay a very strong candidate however
    Last edited by Mistgard; 2011-10-12 at 03:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Pretty much, some people always whine even when there is no reason to. (yes I'm talking about ret paladins here).

This poll won't show any true results since it's just peoples perception which is biased by what class they like and not much else.
    Indeed, i myself am a retri paladin and i can compete nicely with all the other classes in Firelands. The fact that most retri paladins are noobs doesn't make our class too weak.

On topic: I voted for mages since Fire (let's not even mentione Frost) is pretty much extinct due to Arcane doing more damage (no matter how skilled one might be).

Couldn't decide between warrior or shaman.....but the old Enhancement nerfs pissed me off to no end back in vanilla - basically made enhancement unplayable for a long time.
    LOL @ Mathz

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistgard View Post
    Actually, no.

Historically it's either Shamans or Warriors
    warriors hahaha ,you cant be serious

To answer the OP's question...I would say that definitely DKs were the "most" nerfed class ever. They were hero class gods with all kinds of great spells, utilities, damage..etc. But now they feel like just like an ordinary class with subpar tanking and midfield dps. Nothing too special about them.

BUT I will say this: Warriors are ALWAYS nerfed every patch BUT the nerfs are more to do with the scaling issues of the warrior (they scale too good imo). So warriors can always expect nerfs every patch when new tier is introduced simply to smooth out their damage and put it in line with the other classes...if not, warriors would be so OP on damage and dps. So I wouldnt say warriors have been nerfed the most..only smoothed out due to scaling (yes the mobility nerfs were harsh but you guys still have more mobility than ret paladins and non-sub rogues)

Paladins and shamans are a different story. I would never bring a shaman to my raid as dps...they are terrible. And resto is currently the worst healing class/spec in the game (not for pvp though). They have always been bad honestly and blizzard keeps nerfing them. Paladins (ret in particular) has been a joke since WoW began. ONLY ONE patch/week did Ret really get buffed and was gods...but somehow this stereotype still lingers around where people still think Rets are OP and good dps..we really arent. WE had one week of glory and that was it...ever since then EVERY patch we get either nerfed, reworked talents or (as with Cata) a whole redesign of the class (which has really failed).

There you have it. Dk>Ret Paladin=Shaman> Warrior in that order of most nerfed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ershiin View Post
    Oh.. My.. God..
    This is petty beyond belief.

Why dont we start complaining about how M&Ms should be color coded while we're at it?
    Or how it should be called a Burger with Cheese because Cheeseburger is misleading?

Quote Originally Posted by Bog View Post
    warriors hahaha ,you cant be serious
    This thread isn't about "Wich class is OP at the moment" or "wich class is OP most of the time." It's simply about wich class has received the greatest amount of nerfs

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Pretty much, some people always whine even when there is no reason to. (yes I'm talking about ret paladins here).

This poll won't show any true results since it's just peoples perception which is biased by what class they like and not much else.
    "no reason".. You must have never played a ret paladin seriously. It is not about the dmg, it is always about the mechanic and stupid son of a bitch rng.

Quote Originally Posted by Akyno View Post
    Who cares about nerfs in PVE.

<Infracted>
    The majority of the playerbase?

I may be a little biased as I play a prot pally but I feel that anytime Retadins are topping the meters there's a shit ton of QQ and they get beat with the nerfbat, but not by a small amount but enough to drop them right to the bottom. Sadly this is even more evident in PvP. A ret pally can win a 1v1? NERF PALLYS!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    Indeed, i myself am a retri paladin and i can compete nicely with all the other classes in Firelands. The fact that most retri paladins are noobs doesn't make our class too weak.
    Let's take the word of some random person, who has no logs or actual proof that they're not bad, over the people in the best guilds in the world playing at the highest level possible, who do have proof. Sounds like a deal to me.

It seems as if I just misunderstood the title. So the OP actually DOES mean wich class is the "worst" in the current state of game, instead of wich class was nerfed most heavily/has received most nerfs in the history of WoW.

Bad wording on OP's part.

In that case im going to say frost mages.

I ditched my ret spec when Cata came out. I was a loyal retardin even when they were crap-tastic from Vanilla. I got a taste of awesome with Wrath, and it was just too hard for me to go back into the crap bucket, so I switched my main to prot and haven't looked back.

Damn shame, too. I really loved ret.

Quote Originally Posted by ElmoMcBeastly View Post
    I ditched my ret spec when Cata came out. I was a loyal retardin even when they were crap-tastic from Vanilla. I got a taste of awesome with Wrath, and it was just too hard for me to go back into the crap bucket, so I switched my main to prot and haven't looked back.

Damn shame, too. I really loved ret.
    Smart but a somewhat Judas-like choice. Either ret or quit. That is my creed.

Quote Originally Posted by JayJay09 View Post
    Smart but a somewhat Judas-like choice. Either ret or quit. That is my creed.
    But rogues do better damage with less gear are getting a legendary and turn invisible!
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh