Holy Pally + ???? Comps

Looking to get back into Arena on my Holy Paladin. I've got experience in 3's up to 1900 in WOTLK (I intended on going further but our Warrior quit the game and it sucked the desire to continue out of me).

What comps would work best for 3's? 2's (for points until I get the items I need).

Thx!

Deleted
    2s pala DK is good, 3s pala DK warrior is also pretty good
    for more info visit arenajunkies.com

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nightstalkerr View Post
    for more info visit arenajunkies.com
    that place is dead. and there are more trolls there than the battlenet forums.

hpally is pretty solid for any comp to be honest.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoGhost View Post

That's what I had noticed. Seems this site has better info as of late. I'm considering Warrior/DK/HPal b/c I've had mild (1900) success with it but I really want something where theres actual CC...like a Mage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nightstalkerr View Post
    Disagree. TSG is dead, it has zero CC, zero defensive capability and zero mobility against good teams. All this in exchange for mild burst - it doesn't work. For 3's I'd suggest MLP, it's the only real competitive comp a holy paladin can run now; there are decent-ish alternatives like kittycleave (what I play), shadowplay, shadow cleave and feral/x melee cleaves but they're not nearly as good.

2's is a waste of time unless you play with a feral. Why? Because every comp you'll meet will have a feral who will wear you down for 30 minutes and end up winning anyway because feral.

Best of luck.

Basically what obelodalix said.

Pallies are still great in 5s (great but not necessary, see RMPLS), but in 3s they are a bit lackluster when compared to disc priests (I know priests look much more balanced than paladins, but in the end they are stronger, RMP/FMP are very strong this season) and shamans (obvious).

I got my alt paladin to 2796 TR 2818 PR (due to multiple draws xD) post mmr change as dual healer DK though, so that might work as well for you, if you find a good enough DK that can actually solo kill stuff.

Ele lock paladin / MLP / shadowpriest mage paladin are our best comps right now though.

Any 3s comp works with a pally healer...you're pretty sesceptable to CC, but your burst healing is ridiculous.

Deleted
    DK + Holy pala = free ride to rank 1.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelodalix View Post
    Disagree. TSG is dead, it has zero CC, zero defensive capability and zero mobility against good teams. All this in exchange for mild burst - it doesn't work. For 3's I'd suggest MLP, it's the only real competitive comp a holy paladin can run now; there are decent-ish alternatives like kittycleave (what I play), shadowplay, shadow cleave and feral/x melee cleaves but they're not nearly as good.
    Agree. Tried TSG this Season and we got beaten by any team with half a sense of how to CC. Not even perfect CC chains.

Not that I'm complaining, I just do not recommend anyone to play TSG.

Quote Originally Posted by Aic View Post
    DK + Holy pala = free ride to rank 1.
    In what universe ?

15+ Year Old Account
    Holy Pala + ???? is already viable.

Anyway, 2's with a DK/Feral. 3's with a Mage/Lock.

2's is a waste of time unless you play with a feral. Why? Because every comp you'll meet will have a feral who will wear you down for 30 minutes and end up winning anyway because feral.
    Trololol. Had a bad 2's run last night? It's as much the DK, Shaman, Priest, Paladin bracket as it is the Feral bracket. But then again indeed, 2's is just...2's.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Balduvian View Post
    Trololol. Had a bad 2's run last night? It's as much the DK, Shaman, Priest, Paladin bracket as it is the Feral bracket. But then again indeed, 2's is just...2's.
    Not trolling, from my personal experience it's actually true. I haven't played 2's in months but when I did I played with a feral or a warrior; 50% of the matches were against feral/healer at 2400+. I'm not even joking. Sure, there were lots of shamans and DKs too but not as many as there were ferals. Needless to say I disagree, it is more the feral's bracket than it is of any other classes', kinda like DKs dominated 2's back in S5 (speaking about quantity here, not quality, DKs were way more OP back then than ferals are now, obviously) and warlocks/druids/rogues did back in TBC.

Not that it matters, as you said, it's 2's, but still, I honestly wouldn't advise any paladin to play 2v2 if he can't get hold of a feral partner.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not trolling, from my personal experience it's actually true. I haven't played 2's in months but when I did I played with a feral or a warrior; 50% of the matches were against feral/healer at 2400+.
    Well, when talking about 2 months ago it's true, yes. Everyone was playing a Feral since they figured it was facerollable. However, it isn't. But well, you brought it up as if it's timely/up-to-date, which it certainly isn't.

(speaking about quantity here, not quality, DKs were way more OP back then than ferals are now, obviously) and warlocks/druids/rogues did back in TBC.
    And right now, the quantity of the classes I mentioned is as high as the quantity of Ferals in 2v2.

Quote Originally Posted by Balduvian View Post
    Well, when talking about 2 months ago it's true, yes. Everyone was playing a Feral since they figured it was facerollable. However, it isn't. But well, you brought it up as if it's timely/up-to-date, which it certainly isn't.

And right now, the quantity of the classes I mentioned is as high as the quantity of Ferals in 2v2.
    Everyone above 2k rating in 2s still plays a feral druid. If you play anything other than feral/healer, you'll lose to feral/healer no matter how bad the team. An instant clone every 20 seconds or so is a big deal in 2s compared to other comps cc. If you're talking about 3s, feral isnt anywhere near as good, due to being able to be controlled better in a 3v3 enviroment.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoGhost View Post

The forums are dead but the ladders are helpful for the information the OP is looking for.

HPally can honestly carry any comp. Got to 1900 with like Mage/BM/HPally - jankiest comp, but Hpallies are beast.

Kaeja - Stormrage
    // Thanks to maybenotquiteasheavy for the Signature & Avatar! //

Quote Originally Posted by Siberia View Post
    The forums are dead but the ladders are helpful for the information the OP is looking for.

HPally can honestly carry any comp. Got to 1900 with like Mage/BM/HPally - jankiest comp, but Hpallies are beast.
    3v3 2200+ stats, holy paladins are the 4rth most represented spec : http://www.worldofwargraphs.com/stat...0---3-0-0.html

3v3 2600+ stats, holy paladins are only 9th : http://www.worldofwargraphs.com/stat...0---3-2-0.html

this pretty much sums it up

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jpwojcik View Post
    Everyone above 2k rating in 2s still plays a feral druid. If you play anything other than feral/healer, you'll lose to feral/healer no matter how bad the team. An instant clone every 20 seconds or so is a big deal in 2s compared to other comps cc. If you're talking about 3s, feral isnt anywhere near as good, due to being able to be controlled better in a 3v3 enviroment.
    Just no. Sure Ferals are pretty much overrepresented in 2s, but it's not THAT bad...