Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Desperate attempt at justifying the purchase.

And seriously 1 million sold in 24 hours? That crushed the iPhone 4 numbers and it was more of an upgrade from 3GS than this. And I've never seen more hate towards an Apple product than this as of late, I was thinking it was going to do worse.

As much as I would like to think otherwise, it's painfully clear logic has no place in the heads of people buying iPhones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twiddly View Post
    IS probably the main reason people think apple fanboys are annoying. "YOU NOT LIKE APPLE? YOU STUPID AND KNOW NOTHING ABOUT LIFE LOL GET AN APPLE YOU KNOW WHATS UP THEN!"
    Way to take my quote out of context bro. I'm no Apple fanboy. If you bothered to read my post, maybe you'd understand. I don't mind him not liking Apple. I mind him outing it in the retarded way that he does. What bothers me most though, is people hating on something out of sheer ignorance. That is not the same as what you are trying to make me seem like. Let's not go down to that level, please.
    I'm a reverse solipsist. I know the rest of the universe is real, I just don't have any conclusive proof that I exist.

Good to see some mobile benchmarks. Can't wait for 2.3 to hit the optimus 2x, might see it improve even further.

The problem I see with the 4s? It costs a LOT more than anything else on the market. Wait for the pre-christmas release from HTC, and it's going to get destroyed just like it does every time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    The main issue with this phone, is it being a shrunk/downscaled iPad, will be batterytime. It will be horrible. :P
    Also, did they fix the antennae issue with the 4s?
    The reason they down-clocked the A5 from 1GHz to 800MHz was too preserve battery life. I can't imagine the 4S getting worse battery life than the 4, since its one thing Apple is anal about.

They fixed the antenna issue within the first few iPhone 4 batches. Antennagate really got blown out of proportion.
    i7 930 @ 4.0Ghz | Sapphire HD5970 w/ Accelero Xtreme | ASUS P6X58D Premium | 32GB Kingston DDR3-1600
    Xonar Essence STX | 128GB Vertex 4 | AX750 | Xigmatek Elysium
    Laing D5 | XSPC RX 360mm | Koolance RP-452X2 | EK-Supreme HF
    Dell 3007WFP-HC | Samsung BX2350 | Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate | Razer Naga Molten | Sennheiser HD650

10+ Year Old Account
    It still can't run flash though rofl.
    Gotta say, the benchmarks don't surprise me much. But yet again, test after it comes out, not with leaked data, who knows that exaggerations are made there.

I still don't see the hype with an iPhone. Or Apple for that matter. Maybe it's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by JareK View Post
    Desperate attempt at justifying the purchase.

And seriously 1 million sold in 24 hours? That crushed the iPhone 4 numbers and it was more of an upgrade from 3GS than this. And I've never seen more hate towards an Apple product than this as of late, I was thinking it was going to do worse.

As much as I would like to think otherwise, it's painfully clear logic has no place in the heads of people buying iPhones.
    I'm sure there are other people people that are buying iphones for other reasons. Myself for instance am using my upgrade eligibility to upgrade from my POS LG Ally through Verizon. I could wait for the Prime but I have a lot of family members with 4's that I would like to face time with. Doesn't seem illogical to me.
    Krimson states...
    Clearly the correct play here is to drop acid everyday.
    Just because you can't easily overdose on acid doesn't mean that dropping 50 hits in a night won't turn you into a drooling retard.

Quote Originally Posted by Skelly View Post
    The reason they down-clocked the A5 from 1GHz to 800MHz was too preserve battery life. I can't imagine the 4S getting worse battery life than the 4, since its one thing Apple is anal about.

They fixed the antenna issue within the first few iPhone 4 batches. Antennagate really got blown out of proportion.
    They've already claimed the batterytime will suffer a 33% loss. I'll see if I can dig up the source.

Also, I forgot to add, that I'm amazed about the performanceboost that iOS5 is. Yea, bla bla, phone hardware. But the optimisation of iOS5 is fantastic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinner563 View Post
    Good to see some mobile benchmarks. Can't wait for 2.3 to hit the optimus 2x, might see it improve even further.

The problem I see with the 4s? It costs a LOT more than anything else on the market. Wait for the pre-christmas release from HTC, and it's going to get destroyed just like it does every time.
    When did any iPhone model ever get destroyed? There is no smartphone even coming close to selling as much as the iPhone does. Or am I still on acid? What weird definition of destroying you have there.

---------- Post added 2011-10-11 at 05:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Also, I forgot to add, that I'm amazed about the performanceboost that iOS5 is. Yea, bla bla, phone hardware. But the optimisation of iOS5 is fantastic.
    Haha yeah, it might be enough to let me hang on to my 3GS until the iPhone 5 is out. Damn, Google take a note of that optimisation.
    I'm a reverse solipsist. I know the rest of the universe is real, I just don't have any conclusive proof that I exist.

A bit of a warning here. Keep the discussion civil.
    All further brandbashing or rabid defense of a brand - we will be forced to take action. Spare yourself the infractions!

[QUOTE=XenuMC;13622112]When did any iPhone model ever get destroyed? There is no smartphone even coming close to selling as much as the iPhone does. Or am I still on acid? What weird definition of destroying you have there.[COLOR="red"]

Yes, they're on top now that their brand spanking new OS has come out. Prior to 5, the 4 was much further down, as is shown in the tables linked by the OP.

To put it into easy terms, if Google would stop dragging their feet and give the tegra dual core android phones a real OS update, they'd quickly strip back past the iphones on benchmark tests.

EDIT: AH SALES! Then it that regard you are correct. I was talking in tech specs. Apologies.
    Last edited by Sinner563; 2011-10-11 at 05:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Comparing an unreleased phone to a six month old phone is disingenuous to say the least. Wake me when we get a comparison against the Nexus Prime or equivalent.

The new iOS does indeed look nice, but for me I wont use an iPhone simply because I want to be in charge of what media and apps I run rather then Apple. I also cant justify the 300$ a year developer license I would need to do with an iPhone what I want. The irony of writing Android apps on my MacPro is not lost on me however. But Apple seems to not want me as a customer/developer for iOS and I'm not going to force the issue. Its just a different market. People who will always buy an iPhone will do just that, and no benchmark or hardware review will change their minds. I also dont see why anyone would upgrade to the 4s from a 4. Just wait till iOS 5 gets pushed out for the 4.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinner563 View Post
    Yes, they're on top now that their brand spanking new OS has come out. Prior to 5, the 4 was much further down, as is shown in the tables linked by the OP.

To put it into easy terms, if Google would stop dragging their feet and give the tegra dual core android phones a real OS update, they'd quickly strip back past the iphones on benchmark tests.
    Yeah, the iPhone 4 is also a year old. And yeah, you are right. But that is exactly the thing. Google drags their feet, so does every Android handset maker, and so do the telecom companies that sell them. They are all dragging their feet and making the Android experience bad. I don't want to hop in the fragmented bandwagon but that is just what it is.

Google can't exert control over the OS the way Apple can. That is not something you can simply wave away with an 'if'. It's part of the deal when you buy an Android phone just as much as the specifications of the hardware inside of it.

You can have all the hardware you want but with a badly optimized, fragmented and carrier-controlled OS, you still slack.

And if you are allowed to retort with an 'if Google did this', than why should I not be allowed to do the same? That will just end up being a stupid mud throwing. We have to look at the situation as it is, now.

Edit in response to your edit;

Yes, sales. Tech specs don't matter, actual real world performance does. Can you show me any Android phones that have destroyed the iPhone 4 in actual real world performance and responsiveness?

---------- Post added 2011-10-11 at 05:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    The new iOS does indeed look nice, but for me I wont use an iPhone simply because I want to be in charge of what media and apps I run rather then Apple. I also cant justify the 300$ a year developer license I would need to do with an iPhone what I want. The irony of writing Android apps on my MacPro is not lost on me however. But Apple seems to not want me as a customer/developer for iOS and I'm not going to force the issue. Its just a different market. People who will always buy an iPhone will do just that, and no benchmark or hardware review will change their minds. I also dont see why anyone would upgrade to the 4s from a 4. Just wait till iOS 5 gets pushed out for the 4.
    The 4S isn't supposed to replace the 4. The 4S is for the people whose contracts are now ending, the people with a 3GS. For them, this is a huge upgrade and definitely worth it. You know in advance what you can expect from Apple. It's no mystery. Their release cycles are like clockwork.

Also, what control? Tell me concretely one thing I can't do with my jailbroken iPhone that you can. And don't tell me that it doesn't count because you need to jailbreak it. Jailbreaking is easy, and if you have the need to do stuff that requires a jailbreak, you can probably figure out how to do it.
    Last edited by XenuMC; 2011-10-11 at 05:54 PM.

I can't find any information on that ;
    Is Apple going to get flash running on their phones on the 4S? (or later on the 5?)
    Java still untouched , right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Callisa View Post
    I can't find any information on that ;
    Is Apple going to get flash running on their phones on the 4S? (or later on the 5?)
    Java still untouched , right?
    They don't want Flash running on their phones. Here's why;
    http://www.apple.com/hotnews/thoughts-on-flash/

Steve Jobs his own TL;DR:

Conclusions.

Flash was created during the PC era – for PCs and mice. Flash is a successful business for Adobe, and we can understand why they want to push it beyond PCs. But the mobile era is about low power devices, touch interfaces and open web standards – all areas where Flash falls short.

The avalanche of media outlets offering their content for Apple’s mobile devices demonstrates that Flash is no longer necessary to watch video or consume any kind of web content. And the 250,000 apps on Apple’s App Store proves that Flash isn’t necessary for tens of thousands of developers to create graphically rich applications, including games.

New open standards created in the mobile era, such as HTML5, will win on mobile devices (and PCs too). Perhaps Adobe should focus more on creating great HTML5 tools for the future, and less on criticizing Apple for leaving the past behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexiefy View Post
    I personally will NEVER understand apple users. Apple products often are inferior to competition or on par at best (current 4s situation is temporary as competition hasnt released their phones yet) yet you pay like 40% more for it lol
    Why would i buy apple iphone 4 if i can get samsung galaxy s2/motorola atrix for like half the price while both are vastly superior to iphone 4? oO
    Apple charges "40% more for it lol" because there's a demand for their product and internal hardware isn't everything when it comes to most consumers' needs; a majority of people who are in the market for a smartphone aren't 18-year old computer wizards and those consumers value ease of access. Older people in their 30's who need a smartphone to do the simple tasks of texting, calling, viewing e-mails, and browsing the internet could care less about if their phone has a single or dual-core processor, or 512MB/1GB of RAM. When that's taken into account, iOS provides a "friendlier" experience than Android to those users and they want something simple that they can pick up and learn rather than browsing through a manual to figure out every feature. That's why Apple has their chunk of the smartphone share when only having 4 phones(5 come Friday) compared to the vast amount of Android phones out there.

Those type of consumers are also why iPads and Macs sell the way they do even with the higher prices because most consumers put a higher value on that ease of access over performance and are wiling to pay that price premium for an easier to learn OS(another example: car manufacturers paying more to produce cars or charge consumers more for automatic transmission than manual). Since you can't understand Apple users in that regard I'll just assume you won't be able to understand anyone who buys something like a Mercedes-Benz or a $5,000 watch.
    3930K . RIVE . 2x 7970 . Cosmos II . AX1200 . 3x Dell U2312hm
    Computer Setup / DH / huntard

Quote Originally Posted by XenuMC View Post

Great post and even better read Xenu, thank you!
    Krimson states...
    Just because you can't easily overdose on acid doesn't mean that dropping 50 hits in a night won't turn you into a drooling retard.

Quote Originally Posted by XenuMC View Post

so they dont want flash because the mobile era is about lower power devices? whats he smokin? every device is high power, thats the whole reason for this thread
    Isnt 10% of infinite still infinite?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristie View Post
    Apple charges "40% more for it lol" because there's a demand for their product and internal hardware isn't everything when it comes to most consumers' needs; a majority of people who are in the market for a smartphone aren't 18-year old computer wizards and those consumers value ease of access.
    I'll probably react on the rest of your post later but for now, just want to add, iPhones are perfectly fine for 18 year old computer wizards. Do you really think that all 'computer wizards' do not value ease of access on a phone? Come on, seriously. I hear this all the time, 'iOS/Apple is for computer noobs'. Usually the people saying that are themselves computer noobs. If I'm busy all day debugging programs and sifting through code, I don't want my phone to have any hassle or put anything in my way, let alone put an anti-virus on my phone. There is a reason a lot of high profile tech companies use Apple computers and a lot of their employees have Apple phones/tablets. And that's not because everyone that buys anything Apple is a computer noob and just follows a hype. I'm sure Steve Jobs has a lot more wizardry with computers than just about everyone saying Apple is for computer noobs. He knew what he was doing.

Customizing and messing with your phone is not something a real computer wizard usually does. From my experience, that usually what the wannabe computer wizards are doing. I, like just about anyone I know in person that does anything professionally in IT, like my phone to work hassle free, every day.
    Last edited by XenuMC; 2011-10-11 at 06:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ambigiouslynamed View Post
    so they dont want flash because the mobile era is about lower power devices? whats he smokin? every device is high power, thats the whole reason for this thread
    Low power consumption is what he is alluding to my friend.
    Krimson states...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ambigiouslynamed View Post
    Read the whole thing before you make ignorant posts.