Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Idea for some new DK abilities

Sorry if there is a more recent thread of this, couldnt find one.

Mark of the Fallen Champion(1min CD) - A 20sec debuff put on a target, while active death strike heals for 12% (While attacking said target) of the death knights health. If the target dies while marked the death knight gains the 50% amount of damage dealt by death strike while the mark was active in health.

Talented (Deep in the blood tree) Increased the amount death strike heals by 8%, as well as you can put the mark on an allied player, and if that player dies while marked he/she returns to life at 15% health.

Runic Blast(30sec CD/50RP) - A massive blast of shadowfrost damage dealt over 4 seconds (channeled). Damage depends on amount of runic power you have (max of 130 RP) Deals 5k damage per 10 runic power (65000 with 130 RP) with an extra 10k damage if channeled cast is finnished. Deals 50% more damage to targets under 20% health. (Both Frost and Unholy Mastery will be brought into account)

Runic Explosion(40RP/32 Glyphed) - Used as an alternate to frost strike on aoe mobs. Deals a burst of frost damage in a 6yd radius. (Modified by Attack Power and Mastery).

These are just some of the ideas i have for level 90. Mark of the fallen champion would sort of fix death strike in pvp. Runic power/explosion would be an extra ability to spend runic power on.

If you have any suggestions feel free to post them below.

I actually really like the Runic Blast idea, Nice work

I was teasing a druid around the cata launch with the idea of a dk flighform where we turned into a gargoyle lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Because when it's female, and vaguely humanoid, Blizzard's first checkpoint is "give it breasts."

I miss Mark of Blood from Wotlk. Was a great ability. made fighting rogues funny as hell when there 20 fast successive attacks healed you for 4% each.

i want it Baaaaaaaaaack

They should give Frost DKs... a titans grip equivalent based ability.

Lich King Grip:
    Allows you to grip two-handed axes, swords, and maces in one hand.

This way Frost DK's obliterates and frost strikes will hit for 90k.

(Note: this is just sarcasm, but having a titans grip ability would probably be pretty fun to have as DW)
    Last edited by Cryptus; 2011-10-10 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptus View Post
    They should give Frost DKs... a titans grip equivalent based ability.

Frost Giant Grip:
    Allows you to grip two-handed axes, swords, and maces in one hand.

This way Frost DK's obliterates and frost strikes will hit for 90k.

(Note: this is just sarcasm, but having a titans grip ability would probably be pretty fun to have as DW)
    I still don't get why warriors got it and not DK's.
    Arthas could wield frostmourne as a 1h weapon becuase of the power he got for being a deathknight, yet we DK's can't.
    They should at least let us wield the 2h wep as a 1h but not allow dual wielding of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

It's not new, but I want some form of corpse explosion back! I just want an RP based AoE. Take away blood boil from non-blood for it, if you must, but give me my RPAOE back! /cry

What i want is the option of becoming an undead ghoul when you die.
    They said it was OP and thus removed it but what about spirit of redemption for holy priests?
    I also want Unholy Frenzy to be usable in all talent trees, i don't wanna have to roll unholy just so i can gank ppl of my faction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

I would like the simple concept of being able to use death grip on dead body's.

Why might you ask? Because sometimes enemy corpses die in tough places to teabag.

The reason they scrapped ghoul rez was less it being OP (they did nerf its dmg like 4 times lol) but more it was also buggy sometimes, like double repair costs :x

on topic of something new:

well, not new, but modified, Army of the Dead needs to be fixed to be usable, its a dps loss to cast it when you could be doing your normal rotation, the CD is WAY to freaking long, the taunt is retarded in anything but raid boss fights where they dont do it, and again, the damage is laughable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cactrot View Post
    It's not new, but I want some form of corpse explosion back! I just want an RP based AoE. Take away blood boil from non-blood for it, if you must, but give me my RPAOE back! /cry
    Heh, you're kinda arguing form over function there though? Lots of times you aren't going to have any viable aoe if blood boils taken and only explosion remains.

Quote Originally Posted by Imamage View Post
    Heh, you're kinda arguing form over function there though? Lots of times you aren't going to have any viable aoe if blood boils taken and only explosion remains.
    Well, I ideally one that wouldn't still require a corpse/ghoul. Maybe I can just blow up gnomes instead. I'm okay with that too. So kinda like the runic thing in the OP, but not necessarily frosty. Hell, I'd be content with an RP based cleave.

10+ Year Old Account
    that sounds really cool! maybe Runic Storm: Spends all Runic Power to unleash a mighty unholy storm (like a palles divine storm, just more DKish) that deals more damage when more Runic Power is used (say 20% of weapon damage when 20 rune power is used)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    that sounds really cool! maybe Runic Storm: Spends all Runic Power to unleash a mighty unholy storm (like a palles divine storm, just more DKish) that deals more damage when more Runic Power is used (say 20% of weapon damage when 20 rune power is used)
    Like that idea actually

Deleted
    i want to have BONESTORM,and the bones he uses to stick ppl as a cc(something like shackle)and defile as a new aoe spell,also i want my aura's back(those who played dk in early wotlk know what i mean)

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dranion33 View Post
    Sorry if there is a more recent thread of this, couldnt find one.

Mark of the Fallen Champion(1min CD) - A 20sec debuff put on a target, while active death strike heals for 12% (While attacking said target) of the death knights health. If the target dies while marked the death knight gains the 50% amount of damage dealt by death strike while the mark was active in health.

Talented (Deep in the blood tree) Increased the amount death strike heals by 8%, as well as you can put the mark on an allied player, and if that player dies while marked he/she returns to life at 15% health.

Runic Blast(30sec CD/50RP) - A massive blast of shadowfrost damage dealt over 4 seconds (channeled). Damage depends on amount of runic power you have (max of 130 RP) Deals 5k damage per 10 runic power (65000 with 130 RP) with an extra 10k damage if channeled cast is finnished. Deals 50% more damage to targets under 20% health. (Both Frost and Unholy Mastery will be brought into account)

Runic Explosion(40RP/32 Glyphed) - Used as an alternate to frost strike on aoe mobs. Deals a burst of frost damage in a 6yd radius. (Modified by Attack Power and Mastery).

These are just some of the ideas i have for level 90. Mark of the fallen champion would sort of fix death strike in pvp. Runic power/explosion would be an extra ability to spend runic power on.

If you have any suggestions feel free to post them below.
    great ideas. The Mark of the Fallen Champion seems a bit OP (and if I'm not mistaken DKs had an ability similar at Wrath's launch). Having DKs channel something seems kind of silly. Perhaps if it was an extra DoT or something? Channeling would make them stop attacking... can't have that as a melee class

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beartastic View Post
    great ideas. The Mark of the Fallen Champion seems a bit OP (and if I'm not mistaken DKs had an ability similar at Wrath's launch). Having DKs channel something seems kind of silly. Perhaps if it was an extra DoT or something? Channeling would make them stop attacking... can't have that as a melee class
    four words: Army of the Dead

Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    four words: Army of the Dead
    Army of the dead is often hated by DKs. It's used only pre-pull, has a cooldown, is awkward to use. It's bad. And one of the reasons it's so bad is that it's channeled. Having to stop attacking to sit there and stand still is awkward as a DK. It doesn't belong. Adding more to that playstyle probably wouldn't be good either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cactrot View Post
    Army of the dead is often hated by DKs. It's used only pre-pull, has a cooldown, is awkward to use. It's bad. And one of the reasons it's so bad is that it's channeled. Having to stop attacking to sit there and stand still is awkward as a DK. It doesn't belong. Adding more to that playstyle probably wouldn't be good either.
    i play as a DK, and i like to use it every so often, whats 4 seconds (or is it 5?) for an extra push in downing a boss?* (* - as an example)

I like the sound of the blasy and top be fair it would be nice in pvp for people to be able to interupt us on something thats more than just 1 ability
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate