Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Question The Fox Kit pet.

I love the Fox Kit, however I do not have it. I have killed over 1400 foxes with no pet dropped. I was wondering if anyone here has it and about how many foxes it takes (roughly) for it to drop. I need faith that the silly thing even exists. For those who would say that I have the same chance to get the fox on my first kill as on my 10000, I know. But odds can be calculated!
    ~You don't need a reason to help someone.

I got it with just under 400 kills. I guess you are just extra unlucky

Deleted
    Rng = rng.

Over 3k kills. Everyday, while and after TB dailies I was doing several loops around TB Peninsula. Foxies respawn very fast, and if you have skinning you can make nice chunk of gold while grinding this little buddy.

Don't give up - I had worse grinds in this game

Oh btw, check wowhead comments if you really need that kind of motivation.

First week after cata launch, i saw a warrior killing those foxes with no reason. I asked him wtf he was doing, he said he was farming a pet. I said: "Oh ok, GL". After that i killed 1 for fun, and damn, it was there, my luckiest RNG moment in wow. But still till today, RNG hates me so baaaaaad....

I killed a few hundred only to hear someone in general gloat about getting it while doing their dailies.. So I quit farming. Also, if you're gonna farm it and you've got a gathering profession on your toon.. drop whatever it is and take-up skinning. Might as well make some gold while you "farm."

10+ Year Old Account
    I have it, so it exists. I have no idea on exact numbers but I killed every fox I saw ( going out of my way for some even, and killing some spawn points twice) every day for at least 3 months at Cata start. You could calculate based on average number of foxes available on the island and multiplying by the number of days it takes to get seriously everything from TB there is to get, but that's a time waste. I remember I was in my second week after getting the tabard (the last thing I bought) when I saw the box pop up informing me that looting this item would bind it to me

Good luck, just keep ploughing on and you'll get it

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't remember exactly, but mine took about 7 kills.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

Quote Originally Posted by Skycrawler View Post
    First week after cata launch, i saw a warrior killing those foxes with no reason. I asked him wtf he was doing, he said he was farming a pet. I said: "Oh ok, GL". After that i killed 1 for fun, and damn, it was there, my luckiest RNG moment in wow. But still till today, RNG hates me so baaaaaad....
    that happened for me with the firefly pet lol, a friend was farming it and I was headed to SSC in the area, but Imma sucker and gave it to her (the friend farming it) as I wouldnt have even stopped to kill one if I didnt know she was trying to get it.

I got mine while doing dailies. Didn't need to farm it.

Deleted
    not sure, was something like 2-4 hours of farming

Still don't have it either. That particular RNG has been a pain.

Deleted
    Just killed one or two on my way to a daylie got it, never habe been luckier with rng.

I probably killed a few hundred total - never really farmed for it as such, just killed all the foxes I'd run into while doing my dailies. I see a lot of people who've done several thousand and still not gotten it though, so I might have been lucky.

% chance of not getting it to the 1400th power will give you the odds that you get screwed after 1400.
    If the fox pet is a 1 in 100 drop - Basically a 0% chance of not getting one by the 1400th kill
    If the fox pet is a 1 in 250 drop - 0.37% chance of not getting one by the 1400th kill
    If the fox pet is a 1 in 500 drop - 6.06% chance of not getting one by the 1400th kill
    If the fox pet is a 1 in 1000 drop - 24.6% chance of not getting one by the 1400th kill
    If the fox pet is a 1 in 10000 - 86.9% chance of not getting one by the 1400th kill
    Last edited by DraconusIX; 2011-10-11 at 09:11 PM.

I think I got mine after the 250th or so kill (guess work). I also did the TB daily crap quests and killed foxes when I spotted them, and one day it was there.

10+ Year Old Account
    It took me about 470 foxes before the pet dropped for me.. but its worth it! So cute
    <3 Thanks Geekissexy for the sig <3

I logged ~2000 kills with the Bunny Hunter addon, but before I had that installed, probably another 500 kills before it dropped.

"You're either pro or a noob, that's life" - Merciless Gladiator Athene

Was the last pet i missed for 150.
    Killed abit over 400 foxes i think, not the worst farm ive done ^^

so far my guess is roughly 1/750 odds given the numbers people have given.